Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred) - Page 34 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)

Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:12 AM   #496
Jp7
Evolved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk303 View Post
I haven't had much free time lately but promised I would post in this thread for future reference of Evo 9 owners in Colorado. Normally Colorado will run cars on an AWD dyno but they will give you the option to have them scan your OBD system because the factory rims are "low profile" and can be damaged on the rollers.

I am running 88590715 Tephra V7 rom. I never had an issue with them passing my car with all of the settings on "forced pass". This latest go around I failed and was handed a report saying there was an issue with the obd systems being "not supported".

I started a this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...supported.html

The resolution was changing the "Non-continuous monitor availability patch part 1" from forced pass (e000) to stock settings (4019). Double checking on my generic OBDII scanner, this produced the correct items reading as supported and the items being not relevant to the car reading as not supported.

It was also suggested that I change all of the items on the monitor pass/fail table to match the items on the monitor available/not available table. When I did this my scanner would come up with conflicting info that I was worried about the emission center catching. Example would be: heated cat would read not supported, not available and not complete with the two tables matching. (I was thinking it would be odd if a not available item read not complete.)

When I would change the pass/fail table to pass (1) for everything that same example for heated cat would read: not supported, not available and complete or n/a on my scanner. (It made more sense if it read n/a since the heated cat is indeed not applicable.)

When I compared the readings I would get for supported and not supported items on my wife's stock car, those settings matched exactly.

Attached is a screen shot of my settings that I passed with since its kind of confusing to describe.
I've documented this before. I'm not sure why people haven't adopted to it yet.

Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:14 AM   #497
kaj
Evolved Member

Drives: '06 MR, '00 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
I've documented this before. I'm not sure why people haven't adopted to it yet.
Probably hard to notice in 35pgs of posts

Pertinent info, like that, should be put into the OP so everyone can find it easily.

Old Sep 22, 2017, 07:21 AM   #498
Evolving Member

Drives: WWVIIIGSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmcpn View Post
I wish I would have revisited this thread before going in for test! I had the original patch settings and failed because of the 3 monitors that shouldn't be enabled on an Evo.

Here's stock vs what works for me:

The "Part 1" value was put back to stock (0x4019).
The "Availability" values are now identical to stock 88590015 ROM.
Pass/fail values were taken from the stock ROM, and then I changed EGR and Catalyst '1'
Thank you for this post

Can anyone from ny confirm these settings work? I am going to assume it is the same test etc. so it should

Thanks

Old Sep 22, 2017, 02:13 PM   #499
kaj
Evolved Member

Drives: '06 MR, '00 Civic

There doesn't seem to be a fix-all for all cars. Most of us have had to try multiple times to get the cars to pass. Good luck!