Notices
ECU Flash

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:21 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
so there is actually a third part to this, my apologies, its been literally like half a decade since i did all this. So if you have either ROM ID 88590015 or the 96940011 there are instructions for simulating the actual signal from the sensor, if you don't have either of those then you would need to grab a tephramod rom (which you should do anyway because they are awsome) because they have the code built into them.

88590015 - https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh....php?p=5353216
96940011 - https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=333820
tephramod - https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...hramod-v7.html
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by aamoedo
I think you're right. Funny thing is, my heater circuit reads ready. The only thing not ready is the O2 sensor. Maybe it really is just bad, though I think that'd eventually throw a cell.
If you aren't throwing a cell then the patch from this thread should work. Ultimately its what the smog inspection equipment can see. The other things i listed are to deal with CEL which will cause you to fail aside from the monitor ready/ pass fail tests.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:57 PM
kaj

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
If I have a Tetra ROM....then added the coding...that would explain why I have two sets of everything. I wonder if that's what happened.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
If I have a Tetra ROM....then added the coding...that would explain why I have two sets of everything. I wonder if that's what happened.
If you have two sets of the same thing then you have XML duplicated in your XML file(s).
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:43 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by razorlab
If you have two sets of the same thing then you have XML duplicated in your XML file(s).
Weird though, when I delete one set, they both go away.
So I leave it. But it really makes it difficult to pass smog.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
Weird though, when I delete one set, they both go away.
So I leave it. But it really makes it difficult to pass smog.
How does it make it difficult?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 04:19 PM
kaj

How does it make it difficult?
Each set has different numbers (even though they are labeled the same) and when you change one, it affects some of the others. It took me three or four tries (over two days) to get it to work. I had to re-enable the EGR (luckily I have it) because no combination would show it as "ready". It was a mess, like I posted above.
I need to get the ROM cleaned up and try again.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 04:23 PM
EvoM Guru

If the duplicate has different numbers then they aren't true duplicates.

If they where true duplicates, then changing one would have the other mirror the change.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 04:30 PM
kaj

If the duplicate has different numbers then they aren't true duplicates.

If they where true duplicates, then changing one would have the other mirror the change.
True, true. They have the same labeling, which is really confusing. I'll repost the pic.

It was back in Jan, but I believe this is it.

Old Jul 26, 2016, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
True, true. They have the same labeling, which is really confusing. I'll repost the pic.
you should probably grab a fresh XML that matches your ROM
Old Jul 26, 2016, 04:34 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
you should probably grab a fresh XML that matches your ROM
I'm thinking so. I'll talk to my tuner.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These settings work for the Evo IX Tephra Rom 88591715, but some will need to set bit 15 to "0" in ECU Periphery2 if they have a CEL for the EGR.

As others have said in older posts, even though ECU Flash says the A/C, Sec Air, and Heated Cat are "available/ready", a scan tool shows them as "N/A", which is correct for the car.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this - I will need to get smogged this week and I knew I had issues when I saw all of the N/A's (like Catalyst) with the original patch settings.

QUOTE=Klaiceps;11436542]**UPDATE** I passed emissions and can confirm the settings shown below will work for Tephra ROM ID 88591715.

Ok I think I found a solution to this. I can only be certain this works once I pass my emissions test which I plan on doing within the next few days.

So the problem is when I follow the instructions given in this thread, all monitors except misfire, fuel system, and components read not available. Everything I tried could not turn on the other monitors. I'm currently on Speed Density using Tephra ROM 88591715.

After further research, I stumbled upon this thread (MA Inspection FAIL - refer MAC) and decided to give Dynotech Tuning's suggestion a try (see post #11). The settings provided in his post are what a stock Evo ECU shows. I plugged in my scanner and it was able to pick up everything sans heated catalyst, secondary air system, and A/C refrigerant. However this time, catalyst, evaporative system, O2 sensor, O2 sensor heater, and EGR system came up as incomplete. I knew I was close.

So after a couple more tries, my screenshot below shows my final configuration which enabled all the pertinent monitors to read available. Even though the monitors tables in ECUflash all show 1s, everything except heated catalyst, secondary air system, and A/C refrigerant all show up as available.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 24, 2017, 07:33 PM

xml issues

When I read my ecu (2004 Evo 8) it seems the previous owners tuner already put tephra v7.

When downloading the tephra xml for 94170715 I was able to get ecuflash to read it and all tables show up and I am able to edit all (Developer mode).
As I scroll down the OBD stuff shows a "table" but there is not drop down as if there is a title and no table def in the xml. So the only code I see for that is in the evo7base xml.

So ultimately I am trying to add the force patch to pass emissions into the code in notepad. I am able to edit it and save and put back into the ecuflash directory etc. but when I make and changes to xml I get parse error and the only thing it shows is the Rom info in ecuflash and it will show a tephra heading but none of the drop down for all the tables are gone.

For me to see tables I make no changes to tephra 94170715 v7 XML (which includes 94170715) and 94170015 XML (includes evo7base) and evo7base XML. So the tephra xml includes 94170715 and not 94170015? I am just getting a little confused on the inheritance of each and which xml to paste the patch into. I have tried pasting in each and different combinations of each and whenever I edit anything it gives me an error when loading my rom and shows no tables until I undo the changes back in xml.

I attached all 3 xmls and my hex file for the rom from ecu (with no changes, such as the force patch that I am trying to get to work and show everything). If you are having trouble with the attachments I can email them to someone.
Attached Files
File Type: xml
evo7base.xml (52.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: bin
MyEvoORIGNAL.hex.bin (256.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: xml
TephraMOD-94170715-v7.xml (10.7 KB, 0 views)
Old Mar 24, 2017, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by UShouldLetMeGo
When I read my ecu (2004 Evo 8) it seems the previous owners tuner already put tephra v7.

When downloading the tephra xml for 94170715 I was able to get ecuflash to read it and all tables show up and I am able to edit all (Developer mode).
As I scroll down the OBD stuff shows a "table" but there is not drop down as if there is a title and no table def in the xml. So the only code I see for that is in the evo7base xml.

So ultimately I am trying to add the force patch to pass emissions into the code in notepad. I am able to edit it and save and put back into the ecuflash directory etc. but when I make and changes to xml I get parse error and the only thing it shows is the Rom info in ecuflash and it will show a tephra heading but none of the drop down for all the tables are gone.

For me to see tables I make no changes to tephra 94170715 v7 XML (which includes 94170715) and 94170015 XML (includes evo7base) and evo7base XML. So the tephra xml includes 94170715 and not 94170015? I am just getting a little confused on the inheritance of each and which xml to paste the patch into. I have tried pasting in each and different combinations of each and whenever I edit anything it gives me an error when loading my rom and shows no tables until I undo the changes back in xml.

I attached all 3 xmls and my hex file for the rom from ecu (with no changes, such as the force patch that I am trying to get to work and show everything). If you are having trouble with the attachments I can email them to someone.
If you grab Phenom's XML pack from the first page of the V7 thread it should have all that OBD stuff already setup for you.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 07:04 AM

thanks

Ah yeah I downloaded Phenoms updated xml for v7 and replaced it with the other v7 I had and it worked. Thanks!

Since mine was tuned in the past and I did not have to modify anything in the xml all my tables should remain what it was from my cars ecu? Because the xml is just telling where to pull the tables and creation of tables essentially correct? Sorry when I learn I like to know dumb details about "how" and "why" things do what they do lol. I just want to know because I know they tuned for the Evo 9 turbo, cams, injectors, and exhaust previously.

Quick Reply: Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)