Notices
ECU Flash

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 09:00 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by UShouldLetMeGo
Ah yeah I downloaded Phenoms updated xml for v7 and replaced it with the other v7 I had and it worked. Thanks!

Since mine was tuned in the past and I did not have to modify anything in the xml all my tables should remain what it was from my cars ecu? Because the xml is just telling where to pull the tables and creation of tables essentially correct? Sorry when I learn I like to know dumb details about "how" and "why" things do what they do lol. I just want to know because I know they tuned for the Evo 9 turbo, cams, injectors, and exhaust previously.
That's correct. The XML is just giving the location and labels of the data. The actual information populated in those tables is from the ECU.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 05:46 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
modifying bits and bytes in an ECU is actually alot like playing 8 bit nintendo back in the 1990s when game "genie came" out.

The game genie codes had hexidecimal values and locations.

No difference between that and fuel injection pulsewidth values, and ignition advance... lol

just like making super mario jump higher, or have infinite lives.
Old May 13, 2017, 02:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

help when i try to add this patch to my 9694001 xml file i get an error message and nothing works in ecuflash. heres a link to my problem i posted in another thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...iting-xml.html
Old May 14, 2017, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats with all the wrx and subaru stuff? never seen that for a EVO, This is not for a suby. You have a HTML editor,when you copy and paste?
Old May 14, 2017, 01:06 PM

I got the latest version of ecuflash v1.44.4799 from the tactrix website, so i guess thats why theres subaru stuff because the tractrix openport 2.0 can work with subarus too. i used note pad to edit the xml file. i didn't use a HTML editor.
Old May 14, 2017, 01:26 PM
kaj

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Note Pad FTW. I've never been able to edit any other way, but it's been a few years since I've had to.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:24 AM

i've tried everything removing ecuflash and reinstalling it, i still can't get it to work. i am using windows 10 OS 64bit, i will try on my friends computer running windows 7 OS 32bit and see if it works.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 01:50 PM

I wish I would have revisited this thread before going in for test! I had the original patch settings and failed because of the 3 monitors that shouldn't be enabled on an Evo.

Here's stock vs what works for me:

The "Part 1" value was put back to stock (0x4019).
The "Availability" values are now identical to stock 88590015 ROM.
Pass/fail values were taken from the stock ROM, and then I changed EGR and Catalyst '1'

Last edited by jsmcpn; Jul 8, 2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 02:03 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by jsmcpn
I wish I would have revisited this thread before going in for test! I had the original patch settings and failed because of the 3 monitors that shouldn't be enabled on an Evo.

Here's stock vs what works for me:

The "Part 1" value was put back to stock (0x4019).
The "Availability" values are now identical to stock 88590015 ROM.
Pass/fail values were taken from the stock ROM, and then I changed EGR and Catalyst '1'
Same thing happened to me. I fixed it and the smog tech said, "I don't know how you fixed it so fast, but it's passing".

I think I had issues because I had the rear o2 patch and it's settings were conflicting. All I now is I gave up, put the cat on and let it pass normally.
I never got the car to pass by only changing settings in these menus. I wish I could.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 02:18 PM

Unfortunately I couldn't finish the updated patch before the testing stations shut down for the weekend. I'm out of town next week so I'll have to wait to re-test until next Saturday.

Last time I went, this ROM was not a problem with all the Availables set to 1, so their system must have gotten an upgrade. This time it was detecting that the Air Injection, Heated Catalyst and A/C Refrigerant monitors were "Available" even though they shouldn't be on an Evo! Air Injection is a diesel-specific OBDII monitor I presume.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 02:24 PM
kaj

Unfortunately I couldn't finish the updated patch before the testing stations shut down for the weekend. I'm out of town next week so I'll have to wait to re-test until next Saturday.

Last time I went, this ROM was not a problem with all the Availables set to 1, so their system must have gotten an upgrade. This time it was detecting that the Air Injection, Heated Catalyst and A/C Refrigerant monitors were "Available" even though they shouldn't be on an Evo! Air Injection is a diesel-specific OBDII monitor I presume.
All smog shops detect this. Odd they didn't catch it your first time.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 02:50 PM

Does Cali actually dyno test Evos or just do the 2-speed idle sniff?
CO would normally dyno test a vehicle of this age, but the station manager told me they exempt the Evo because even stock they're too scary/difficult for general staff - clutch too grabby, etc.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 03:54 PM
kaj

Does Cali actually dyno test Evos or just do the 2-speed idle sniff?
CO would normally dyno test a vehicle of this age, but the station manager told me they exempt the Evo because even stock they're too scary/difficult for general staff - clutch too grabby, etc.
visual and OBD-II scan. There are probably a few shops that are still doing the sniffer, but not to my knowledge. Those are RPM test only; none of them run AWD dynos.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't had much free time lately but promised I would post in this thread for future reference of Evo 9 owners in Colorado. Normally Colorado will run cars on an AWD dyno but they will give you the option to have them scan your OBD system because the factory rims are "low profile" and can be damaged on the rollers.

I am running 88590715 Tephra V7 rom. I never had an issue with them passing my car with all of the settings on "forced pass". This latest go around I failed and was handed a report saying there was an issue with the obd systems being "not supported".

I started a this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...supported.html

The resolution was changing the "Non-continuous monitor availability patch part 1" from forced pass (e000) to stock settings (4019). Double checking on my generic OBDII scanner, this produced the correct items reading as supported and the items being not relevant to the car reading as not supported.

It was also suggested that I change all of the items on the monitor pass/fail table to match the items on the monitor available/not available table. When I did this my scanner would come up with conflicting info that I was worried about the emission center catching. Example would be: heated cat would read not supported, not available and not complete with the two tables matching. (I was thinking it would be odd if a not available item read not complete.)

When I would change the pass/fail table to pass (1) for everything that same example for heated cat would read: not supported, not available and complete or n/a on my scanner. (It made more sense if it read n/a since the heated cat is indeed not applicable.)

When I compared the readings I would get for supported and not supported items on my wife's stock car, those settings matched exactly.

Attached is a screen shot of my settings that I passed with since its kind of confusing to describe.
Attached Thumbnails Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)-emission-pass.png  
The following users liked this post:
butte (Jul 11, 2017)
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Any updates did you pass with your new settings?
And also how do you get rid of the Air Injection available?

Quick Reply: Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)