Notices
ECU Flash

Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
The factory knock multiplier setting in the "LOW" rpm range are known for being very sensitive to aftermarket clutches that change the harmonic transfer between the drivetrain and the engine. Upping this value from 13 to 14 or possibly 15 at times should be enough to eliminate the spoolup knock. This is always preferred to be confirmed that it is indeed false knock with Det Cans when possible. Also, be sure there aren't any drastic timing jumps in the problem area. Try to keep the timing variances from neighboring cells to 3* or less when feasible.

-Jamie
(aka jack_of_trades)

Thank you, Great info. I do have my map "smoothed" out. All neighboring cells have been Interpolated. (is that a word?) lol well anyways, I will give it an attempt today. Oh for info purposes, I have an Automatic, You dont think that the torque converter could be causing any of these issues do you? I do not get vibrations so I dont think so.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:01 PM

So I have an AEM UEGO WBo2, I want to be able to log it. Does anyone have it connected so that they can log from it with EVO scan?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by enash99
So I have an AEM UEGO WBo2, I want to be able to log it. Does anyone have it connected so that they can log from it with EVO scan?
Just connect the white wire the ecu's rear O2 signal input. Then just edit the formula in evoscan for the rear O2. I'm not at my laptop so I can't get you the appropriate formula for evoscan. I'm sure you can find it if you search a bit in the ECUFLASH section though.

-Jamie
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:55 PM

Just connect the white wire the ecu's rear O2 signal input. Then just edit the formula in evoscan for the rear O2. I'm not at my laptop so I can't get you the appropriate formula for evoscan. I'm sure you can find it if you search a bit in the ECUFLASH section though.

-Jamie

Awesome. Thanks, I will seach around..
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:18 PM
Former Sponsor

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...og-output.html
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

for those with an E8 ecu swapped DSMs or earlies, is there any chance to control AC and main fans separately ?

according to swap manuals I have joined cars AC and main fan wires and wired them to Pin8 (AC comp relay)on E8 ecu, and both fans cick in at the same time.

so is it possible to rewire them somehow in another way and then tweak via ecuflash thermo/AC fan duty tables ?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 04:06 AM

That is the one I found, Al though Iam having an issue with the formula, I was told to have my gauge in P04 mode, But In my logs I have drift on the AFR for more than 1 full AFR, as well as I have also seen it drift the wrong way after blurping the throttle in neutral. I guess today I will switch back from P04 mode.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by stunt2
for those with an E8 ecu swapped DSMs or earlies, is there any chance to control AC and main fans separately ?

according to swap manuals I have joined cars AC and main fan wires and wired them to Pin8 (AC comp relay)on E8 ecu, and both fans cick in at the same time.

so is it possible to rewire them somehow in another way and then tweak via ecuflash thermo/AC fan duty tables ?

I havent dug through all the pages in this thread, But I as also wondering about the A/C, Which swap manual are you referring to? I want to get the A/C working, lol FL is too damn hot..
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

I havent dug through all the pages in this thread, But I as also wondering about the A/C, Which swap manual are you referring to? I want to get the A/C working, lol FL is too damn hot..
http://evo123.net/showthread.php?t=3624
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by stunt2
I have registered on that site. But I have to pay a subscription fee to be able to download it. ugh.. Is it possible for someone to post the pins that need to be combined together for the A/C to work. I see several on the EVO8 pin out, and only one on the 1G. Pins on the EVO are 8, 24, 31, 32, 45. On the 1G i see only pins 7 (for the A/C coolant temp switch) and pin 65 for the A/C clutch relay.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

I have registered on that site. But I have to pay a subscription fee to be able to download it. ugh.. Is it possible for someone to post the pins that need to be combined together for the A/C to work. I see several on the EVO8 pin out, and only one on the 1G. Pins on the EVO are 8, 24, 31, 32, 45. On the 1G i see only pins 7 (for the A/C coolant temp switch) and pin 65 for the A/C clutch relay.
pm me your email and I'll send the diagram from that thread
Old Jun 17, 2011, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

I have AC in my 1g running on the EVO ecu. I do not have the fans tied to the EVO ecu. Not yet anyways, they still work like they did with the stock ecu.

For the AC I have
EVO Pin DSM Pin
08 --------- 65
24 --------- XX
31 --------- xx
32 --------- xx
34 --------- xx
45 --------- 07

This works perfectly on my car. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 06:23 AM
Former Sponsor

How about you post it up in here and be a contributor to the community
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by 92LaserRs
I have AC in my 1g running on the EVO ecu. I do not have the fans tied to the EVO ecu. Not yet anyways, they still work like they did with the stock ecu.

For the AC I have
EVO Pin DSM Pin
08 --------- 65
24 --------- XX
31 --------- xx
32 --------- xx
34 --------- xx
45 --------- 07

This works perfectly on my car. Hope that helps.

So your fans still use the stock heat sensors that are bolted to the fan shroud? And that means you must be still using the stock fans? I have 2 slim fans because of my FMIC and the room that the pipe takes up. So I have both fans wired to the Temp sensor. I do not have in my ROM a thrmo table for switching on the fans at different temps. I want to switch them on at 180 deg.. Down here in FL the temps are very high and cars get hot quick.. I have one fan as a pusher and the second one pulling, I cant put any fan infront of the exhaust mani without melting the plastic. I have melted 2 fans, Both with aftermarket exhaust mani and stock mani.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Melting fans near the exh mani is a pain in the *** to deal with, make sure you have heat shields and or thermo wrap or get your exhaust stuff ceramic coated. If its hot enough to melt the fan what do you think its doing to your cooling system?

I lived in Fl until about a year ago, i know all about the heat. But never had any cooling issues with any of my cars. They all had AC and FMIC's. Even a thick race core. My current car has stock fans and evo8 fmic. Of course i have always been sure to wrap, ceramic coat, or heat shield the exhaust and turbo.

I havent tested it yet but i was going to wire up my fans to the EVO ecu, just havent done it yet. Pretty sure its a grnd signal from the ecu which you should be able to wire to the temp sender wiring that attached to the rad. I need to double check that though.

Id also look into shrouding your radiator if you really want to get the most out of your fan setup.

Quick Reply: Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works!