Notices
ECU Flash

stock mas limit finally found?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
you dont have to rescale the maf to get more resolution out of it.. you unlock the load & fuel ipw cap limits and rescale your MAPS and set the 2byte to 1byte Load Factor to register the higher loads your maps are set to.. youre making yourself WAY more work then required.

if you want to log past a certain airflow hertz level for logging reference to know what lb/min your producing with your setup then you must alter MUT table and the airflow signal from 1byte to 2byte to read past the cap limit of the 1byte .. has nothing to do with MAF functionality though.. same thing with 1byte RPM when logging resolution is capped off you read the 2byte signal.
alright alright i think i'm starting to get it. So basically i need to switch to 2byte in order to make my life easier and also disable the load and fuel limit tables. I'll try to set them to 0x0009 again and flash it to see what happens. Does it matter that they're a lighter shade in color? you know how the table names are dark, these two for some reason are lighter color. but the original values in them are right being 2ba1 i believe. also from what i've read, switching to 2byte is done by changing the load factor table in ecuflash and then adjusting evoscan equations in the given parameters correct? anything more?

also, it seems that this would imply that the MAF has infinite capabilities, physically and electronically? but it can't, right? what am i missing here?

thanks for the help, really appreciated.

ps i read how to rescale timing and fuel.

Edit: I just read i have to change this too, but do i change the load factor to "2" as well or will that get changed once i change these?
2byte load
MUT 00 = 895C
MUT 01 = 895D

2byte RPM
MUT 02 = 893A
MUT 03 = 893B

2byte AirFlow
MUT 04 = 89BA
MUT 05 = 89BB

MUT 3D TABLE ADDRESS = 38158

Last edited by criptballer; Aug 1, 2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 03:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
The table names being a different color in Ecuflash is just showing user level.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok, now that we know from fact that stock MAF gives higher horsepower, but have you guys checked if it makes a substantial restriction? what i mean to ask is, will MAF -> speed density switch give you some additional horsepower? what are your takes on it.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by justastockevo
ok, now that we know from fact that stock MAF gives higher horsepower, but have you guys checked if it makes a substantial restriction? what i mean to ask is, will MAF -> speed density switch give you some additional horsepower? what are your takes on it.
of course there are gains. i just did a evo 9 to speed density running on 93oct with 28psi on a fp green hta he gained 15-20whp on the switch. when you get a good intake pipe and air filter to take advantage of not having the maf anymore you see some gains.

some tests show gains, some not though.. really depends on what you're replacing the intake pipe with and the airflow you're producing with your setup in general.

my car id expect about 25-30whp gain from a 36-38psi boost target perspective with my mods.

on a gt40R turbo you'll prob see around 40whp gains at high boost over the maf.