Notices
ECU Flash

ID2000 scaling and latency

Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No, the headgasket is leaking too much oil... I pre-loaded my ARP studs one cycle on the new gasket when I assembled the motor (basically following the manual). That pre-load and then release made the gasket seal weak. I've been noticing a minor leak forming for a while now. But it's in winter redo mode, going to do the gasket in a few weeks and then start a cage...
Old Sep 23, 2009, 05:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I reused a 90 mile old fel blow gasket on a dsm engine and it is holding up just fine, go figure. I used silver spray paint, not recommended, it was just a shot in the dark. Never preloaded or even topped off the tq settings after heat cycles.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DR
I read that thread as well regarding warm starts (search: bosch injectors) and I have spoken with Tony @ T1 Racing development who suspects something in the ecu flash. Either way, these injectors seem very impressive. I learned about these from an outside source and decided to check evom for some info and I'm definately getting them......however, they're on backorder. Boo
I have an alternative I will be testing monday back to back on the dyno. I will after my data is collected, make a post similar to this one, and offer them for sale
Old Sep 25, 2009, 01:40 PM
4DR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I have an alternative I will be testing monday back to back on the dyno. I will after my data is collected, make a post similar to this one, and offer them for sale
looking forward to it.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

I would like to clarify and earlier statement and make sure that you all know the post was edited as well. I refered to some injectors as firehoses this was not the BlueMax series which I use in customer cars very often since we are a Master Distributor. I had been talking about the older Ford 150 and 160# (1600 and 1680) designs that were new technology back in 1985, not the current releases from FIC.

I am going to be trying some other injectors/parts in the near future on my car (both on gas and E85 and most likely pre 2.2) to illustrate some of the other options as well. I will do the same thing I did in this thread and have all the relevant maps, fuel type, current combination, and injector information listed.

Thanks for reading,

Aaron

Aaron I know the Older FIC were the Bosch 1600cc injectors, the New Blue max FIC 1650 what are they?
rochester?? Bosch ?? Delphis??
I am having a hard time with these injectors on my autronic ECU.

have any info you can share?

thanks
Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

All the older 1600s are Bosch designs as far as I am aware with some Delphi sneaking in here and there. The new 1650s are I believe still Bosch just newer technology. I will be conferencing with Jens later in the week, so I will doublecheck with him on the exact specifications. I am sure he will pipe in here if he says the questions. I havent tested the 1650s in my car, just some AEM equipped. What type of issues? PM to keep this thread seperated though or link a thread if you started one elsewhere

aaron
Old Sep 30, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

great info thanks!!!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

PLEASE NOTE:

A few slight change to the above settings:

MAPVE-

41-40
61-63.5
101-103
121-124
340-430

Kpa to load will be pretty close to spot on with the 4 bar, your fuel map will look pretty close as well.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 05:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
0x,

I have read the thread on warm start issues and to some extent i would suspect its how the map is setup. Its too intermittent on a car that I know is done right though for me to say thats always the issue.

I know what you mean though, some cars, some fuel, sometimes a combination make some of them more likely to be hard start on a warm car. I have wondered if some cars are just more prone to vapor lock because of the injector location to the manifold and or the actual temp of the intake manifold.
The two conditions that inhibit startup we have seen is parking in the sun for a while (possible vaporlock) and base fuel pressure being set too high.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:52 AM

Im looking to buy these injectors, but reading on this vapour lock problem makes me think twice. The honda crowd who run these alot are not complaining about this issue. Hmm
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

I have not experienced any vapor lock issues with the ID2000. That was about the ID1000 and it seems that it was fairly isolated. I dont even know if that was why they had hot start issues, I was just throwing some ideas around to see what others thought.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have not experienced any vapor lock issues with the ID2000. That was about the ID1000 and it seems that it was fairly isolated. I dont even know if that was why they had hot start issues, I was just throwing some ideas around to see what others thought.
How about not enough voltage to pop them open when cranking? Same principal behind why these type of injectors have a low voltage flutter which is solved with an injector amplifier to bump the voltage. I am referring to the Bosch NG injectors at the moment.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
How about not enough voltage to pop them open when cranking? Same principal behind why these type of injectors have a low voltage flutter which is solved with an injector amplifier to bump the voltage. I am referring to the Bosch NG injectors at the moment.
That would make sense, I think I usually have the low V latency way cranked and then jump the cranking mSec as well. That would make sense if the voltage is too low (or vice versa latency value)...add a little vapor lock to the backside of the solenoid and whammo bad hot starts.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Also, I noticed in a thread (cant find it now) that Dave posted Q and Import dont seem to be compatible with these and cause some swelling of the O-rings? I would assume it measn MS109 as well since judging by the smell they have some similar components in the fuels.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
interesting

interesting

Last edited by Migsubishi; Oct 17, 2009 at 04:53 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ID2000 scaling and latency