Notices
ECU Flash

Does your check engine light flash after tephra mod

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does your check engine light flash after tephra mod

So I've testing out tephramod v5.10 on my evo 8 with the roms and xml provided. Everything seems to work but I'm not sure my the check engine light flashes everytime I start my engine. It flashes a couple times then stops. I'm just curious what it was doing.

I know that it should light when it detects knock but I don't think that's what its doing when I start the car and it's idling. Please advise.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rdtech
So I've testing out tephramod v5.10 on my evo 8 with the roms and xml provided. Everything seems to work but I'm not sure my the check engine light flashes everytime I start my engine. It flashes a couple times then stops. I'm just curious what it was doing.

I know that it should light when it detects knock but I don't think that's what its doing when I start the car and it's idling. Please advise.
Maybe "auto-valet on start" is enabled? check your tephra mod options and see what is enabled.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:15 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
auto-valet or you are in valet mode.

http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/TephraMod#Valet_Mode
Old Sep 21, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Like above only thing that I can see is valet.

Last edited by 06RedRalli; Sep 21, 2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

You guys are correct, auto valet is on but whats weird is that it turns itself on even when I turned it off(by pressing the gas pedel and ign on for a set time).

I'll start my car and its fine. I shut it off and start it 15min later only to find out that valet is on again. I go step on the gas and disable it. I try starting the following 2 times and its fine. For the third time, valet is on again. Is that what it's suppose to do?

To my understanding, auto-valet should only turn valet on if it was on before it was shut off. If valet mode is off when you shut the car off, shouldn't it still be off when you restart the car?

Thats weird.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rdtech
You guys are correct, auto valet is on but whats weird is that it turns itself on even when I turned it off(by pressing the gas pedel and ign on for a set time).

I'll start my car and its fine. I shut it off and start it 15min later only to find out that valet is on again. I go step on the gas and disable it. I try starting the following 2 times and its fine. For the third time, valet is on again. Is that what it's suppose to do?

To my understanding, auto-valet should only turn valet on if it was on before it was shut off. If valet mode is off when you shut the car off, shouldn't it still be off when you restart the car?

Thats weird.
From what I understand if "Enable Auto-valet on fresh ignition" under the Tephra mod options table is enabled, then valet mode will be on whenever you start the car. Disable "Auto-valet on fresh ignition" and then try again. Good luck.

Last edited by krazykorean84; Sep 21, 2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by krazykorean84
From what I understand if "Enable Auto-valet on fresh ignition" under the Tephra mod options table is enabled, then valet mode will be on whenever you start the car. Disable "Auto-valet on fresh ignition" and then try again. Good luck.
Thanks! I just disabled it in the bin file.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:10 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Spend an extra 30 seconds reading the link I provided

Auto-valet implies, by name, that it automatically enables valet every time you shut off the car. Valet mode is a global control for valet mode, which will hold the last condition set.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Spend an extra 30 seconds reading the link I provided

Auto-valet implies, by name, that it automatically enables valet every time you shut off the car. Valet mode is a global control for valet mode, which will hold the last condition set.
I've read it awhile ago but didn't grasp it. Just read it again and I fully understand it now! Thanks for the reference
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:28 PM

BTW just incase you wanted to know and for some reason didn't see it anywhere, activating or deactivating the valet mode (which you will do if auto valet is on) Tephra designed it to flash to let you know that you have disabled it. I think it is a slow flash for switching valet off and a fast flash for when your turning it on.

But anyways my 2 cents