Notices
ECU Flash

Alt MAP= Main Map

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alt MAP= Main Map

Just wondering how many folks out there have made your alt map your pump gas map and your main map your E85/meth map. I'm thinking about switching my alt map (E85) to the main tables, just because there's so more adjust ability with the main maps.
What would be the pro's and con's of switching alt to main/ vice versa?

Or maybe I should patiently wait until tephra v7 is released, because apparently there is more adjust ablity in the alt maps.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:15 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
Just wondering how many folks out there have made your alt map your pump gas map and your main map your E85/meth map. I'm thinking about switching my alt map (E85) to the main tables, just because there's so more adjust ability with the main maps.
What would be the pro's and con's of switching alt to main/ vice versa?

Or maybe I should patiently wait until tephra v7 is released, because apparently there is more adjust ablity in the alt maps.
What extra adjustability is there for the main maps? I guess I don't understand.

I used to run my e85 maps as primary, but now that there are no low octane alt maps I run the e85 maps as alt so that if octane tries to adjust I have similar fuel or richer fuel and less timing. If an error occurs with the switch I will have 30% less fuel (significant) but less timing and boost along with it.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

IPW adder. boost tables, and a few other things.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
But, whatever you change in the "main maps" will affect both the E85 and pump fuel maps. I don't see the point.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have mine setup that way...e85 is main, gas is alt map.

If for some reason the alt. map malfunctioned I would rather the car go rich rather than lean....0xDEAD brought this to my attention and I agreed with him.

If you run alt. map on e85 and it did malfunction it would jump to the main map which has a leaner scaling causing the car to go lean. With it setup the other way the pump gas alt. map will go rich due to the richer scaling on the main map.

to me its an added safety bonus....other than that there is no other real advantage.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have it set up that way as well.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by travman
I have mine setup that way...e85 is main, gas is alt map.

If for some reason the alt. map malfunctioned I would rather the car go rich rather than lean....0xDEAD brought this to my attention and I agreed with him.

If you run alt. map on e85 and it did malfunction it would jump to the main map which has a leaner scaling causing the car to go lean. With it setup the other way the pump gas alt. map will go rich due to the richer scaling on the main map.

to me its an added safety bonus....other than that there is no other real advantage.
But, it's a double-edged sword. If you run pump gas as alt maps and it fails for some reason, it will go richer, but also much more timing and boost (if you are running ECU boost). What's worse...more timing or less fuel?

For this very reason, I think it's a good idea to use the TPS map switching that tephra has implemented in V7 for the intent of running E85/pump gas. The ADC0F should be used more for meth failsafe type setups.

Eric
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
For this very reason, I think it's a good idea to use the TPS map switching that tephra has implemented in V7 for the intent of running E85/pump gas. The ADC0F should be used more for meth failsafe type setups.

Eric

I agree for E85/pump gas setups. This is safest.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Is there any word around the block when the v7 will be released? Just curious.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
Is there any word around the block when the v7 will be released? Just curious.
Tephra said it will be launched on the day he releases it Its getting pretty close from what I hear.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:14 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TouringBubble
But, whatever you change in the "main maps" will affect both the E85 and pump fuel maps. I don't see the point.
exactly
Old Sep 24, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, I was under the impression that certain tables only affected the "main" maps and not the alt maps. Learn something new everyday.