Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info Bryan. I was going off of Mr Fred's instructions in that he notes to to set the BDE psi and boost adder so that it equals my target boost. From I zero'd out the right side of the BEC table and used conservative WGDC values and work up to my target boost. Once I've been able to get close to my target boost than add in values to the BEC that I logged. Is that not the right way to go about tuning the boost?

I do need to double check the EBC as the car owner installed it (I nvr shldve assumed it was installed correctly...)
Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

I am having issues logging knock on V7. The issue has been resolved. Reflashed V7 again.

Laramie

Last edited by laramie_05MR; Mar 5, 2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok im trying to use 94170715 rom but my car wont start. I switched the immb but it wont start. How do i turn of the immb for 94170715?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

I can not for the life of me get Boost Error, WGDC or WGDCC to log in EvoScan (v2.6) despite inputting the info for EvoScan from Mr Fred's direct boost control instructions. I have also used the info posted for ROM ID 96420007 (as there is no 965307806 ROM info posted), made the necessary MUT changes, yet still nothing.

This is on a 96531706 (SD+Mods) ROM.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2010, 07:18 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nonschlont
well, w/ all of the comp. issues Im having, (getting ecuflash to load up a completely fresh app) I finally got what looked like a clean rom, swapped all of my maps, and I can NOT for the life of me, get my gears to recognize themselves... (88590715)
I have rpm_speed_ratio logging, and is almost dead on w/ whats in my gear map...
Every time I think things are good, somethin else pops up...
Heres what I have im my map...
1-6
30-5
43-4
55-3
75-2
110-1
1801-0
the value in the MUT table for 40(gear) = 8447, and yes, I have the correct request ID in evoscan.

am I missing somethin?
That all looks correct. What is your calculation value in Evoscan?

Originally Posted by raasfaas
I had asked this question in a different thread but didn't get any feedback on it.
I just recently installed 88590715 and all seemed to be well apart from the map switching function. I've got the JOT harness and the problem I'm having is that the alt map activation is stuck at "4" no matter if I'm on the alt map or normal map.
The actual switching function is working based on the logged idle timing (I set the alt maps a little higher) and also the logged volts (0 volts when off, 4.58 volts when on)
The funny thing is, when I load back my V5.10 patch it works just fine (0 when on normal and 4 when on alt)
Has anyone had any problem with V7 in regards to this?
Make sure you have the correct value in the MUT table to log whether or not it is working. If you know the switch is working, does it matter?

Originally Posted by project_skyline
I've noticed an issue lately, while running on ALT maps the car idles 500 rpms higher cold or hot. Im not sure if its e85 related or not.

Also Im not sure if its something to do with v7 or the fact im running 9653, during deaccel throttle AFR's go super rich! Like almost 2-3 points lower. Im wondering if I need to work some fueling in the deaccel.

I hope for answers.
Thanks guys.
BISS adjustment and or remove power from your ECU for 10 minutes so it can re-learn. Converting to the Euro rom is a big flash.

Originally Posted by evo8dad
Sorry if this is redudant and has been covered previously but, I searched all of this thread, Mr. Fred's direct boost control thread and the GM 3-port thread and couldn't come up with answers. I've finally decided to ditch the tried and tested MBC on a few cars and am currently working on a '05 MR running SD ad e85 with a Perrin 3-port EBC.

I read over Mr. Fred's directions on direct boost control and have a pretty good understanding of how the system works. I have setup the system to be a PSi based system.

The issue I'm having is the I cannot get more than 22.4 psi of boost pressure (as measured by an Evo X MAP sensor). I am only in the initial stages of tuning the boost so all my correction values have been zeroed (BEC table, TPS WGDCC, Mac WGDC v. coolant temp is maxed above @ 127.5 above 176 degrees). I'm trying to achieve a max of 28 psi gauge pressure so I have the Boost Desired Engine PSi maxed at 24.6 throughout all gears and the Boost Adder PSi set to 18.1 which should give me a target boost pressure of 28.

I've fiddle with Main WG map with values ranging from 90 up to 127.5 but, cannot seem to achieve 28 psi.

Also, in EvoScan I don't think Boost Error, WGDC or WGDCC are logging properly. The Boost Error remains unchanged at -3.087 and I get no date for WGDC or WGDCC.

I am using 96531706. I couldn't seem to find the MUT values for Boost Error, WGDC or WGDCC in any threads to confirm I have the correct values in the MUT table. Currently the table is showing 8D1B for Boost Error, 8D23 for WGDC and 8D21 for WGDCC. Are these the correct values? I believe the Boost Error and WGDCC is correct as these are the values that are inputted for the Global Boost Control Type for PSi but, just wanted to confirm as I don't understand why they wouldn't log unless one needs to be in front of the other in EvoScan....
Make sure your boost adder is set correctly and you are viewing it as PSI and not load%. Also, make sure that boost adder matches the value in your evoscan equation to change from absolute boost to gauge boost.

All of the information about MUT values should be in the direct boost control thread. If it is not listed as a change there, just download a stock ROM and look at what the values are (MrFred would have listed it as a change if it was).
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the response fosty. I have since fixed that issue... (comp. issue mixing up tephra .xmls/roms for v.5 and v.7, UAC, etc.) The UAC threw off my gear/rpm speed gear ratio formula and request ID...
Fixed that, and currently running fine w/ the same exact map posted.

edit: the "demon in the comp." has reared its ugly head again... wow frustrating!!! I guess, stock rom it is, until I get a new comp.

Last edited by nonschlont; Mar 6, 2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
I am reading the 88590715 rom for the Evo 9. I am using Tephra's xml definition. I noticed that under the Global Boost Control heading there are the following options:

Variable for boost control (Load=0x6B48 PSI=0x6AEC)

I am used to using Load=0x6B42 as recommended by mrfred here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...trol-mods.html

For Boost Erro Ram Address and Boost Error Ram Address for Load Error Table I use 0x6EE2. Again as recommended by mrfred in the linked to thread.

I have used these with LOAD based boost. But the Tephra xml says to use them for PSI based boost and use 6B48 and 69CA with LOAD based boost.

Can I still use 6B42 and 6EE2 with LOAD based boost AND use version 7?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Is there an Alternate LO octane LARGE fuel and ignition maps in version 7? All I can see are the Alternate LO octane and Ignition SMALL ones and the numbers make no sense. When I change them to the stock LO maps, the Alternate LARGE maps changes.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or does version 7 run w/o an Alternate LO octane and ignition maps?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Also, make sure that boost adder matches the value in your evoscan equation to change from absolute boost to gauge boost.
Not sure what your referring to for EVOScan? Do you mean the Boost Error entry?

Here is what is in the .xml file in ECUFlash for Boost Adder (which references PSIa16 JDM3barMAP):

<scaling name="PSIa16 JDM3barMAP" units="PSIa" toexpr="x/(5.18*2)" frexpr="x*(2*5.18)" format="%.1f" min="0" max="32" inc="0.1" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>

And here is what is in EVOScan for Boost Error:

<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Boost Error" LogReference="BoostError" RequestID="8A" Eval="0.0241*x-3.087" Unit="psi" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="-5" GaugeMax="5" ChartMin="-5" ChartMax="5" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" />
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3gEclipseTurbo
ok im trying to use 94170715 rom but my car wont start. I switched the immb but it wont start. How do i turn of the immb for 94170715?
A lot of your questions can be answered here: http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Periphery_Configuration

Its in the FAA periphery.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
Is there an Alternate LO octane LARGE fuel and ignition maps in version 7? All I can see are the Alternate LO octane and Ignition SMALL ones and the numbers make no sense. When I change them to the stock LO maps, the Alternate LARGE maps changes.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or does version 7 run w/o an Alternate LARGE LO octane and ignition maps?
Can someone answer my question please?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
no alt low oct maps

low octane maps will be used when on normal/alt or launch maps

only when low oct is required obviously..
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:20 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8dad
Not sure what your referring to for EVOScan? Do you mean the Boost Error entry?

Here is what is in the .xml file in ECUFlash for Boost Adder (which references PSIa16 JDM3barMAP):

<scaling name="PSIa16 JDM3barMAP" units="PSIa" toexpr="x/(5.18*2)" frexpr="x*(2*5.18)" format="%.1f" min="0" max="32" inc="0.1" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>

And here is what is in EVOScan for Boost Error:

<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Boost Error" LogReference="BoostError" RequestID="8A" Eval="0.0241*x-3.087" Unit="psi" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="-5" GaugeMax="5" ChartMin="-5" ChartMax="5" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" />
*facepalm*
One of those is a scaling, the other is an error level.

Look for "JDM Map" in EvoScan and what the formula is for you BDEL tables. Both should be ~14.7 for the subtractive value (aka C) (or whatever your local atmospheric pressure is).
Old Mar 8, 2010, 06:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Low octane should be a safety map, shouldn't really need two.

Guys, sorry if this has been asked but i am not going to read this entire thread.

For the 9 guys, is there a live tuning version yet? Also, i have the GM IAT sensor in my fuel temp input. How can i make the map so it works without SD? I attempted an earlier version and my car went nuts cause i couldn't apply the patch. I could swap out the wire but would prefer not to.

Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Low octane should be a safety map, shouldn't really need two.

Guys, sorry if this has been asked but i am not going to read this entire thread.

For the 9 guys, is there a live tuning version yet? Also, i have the GM IAT sensor in my fuel temp input. How can i make the map so it works without SD? I attempted an earlier version and my car went nuts cause i couldn't apply the patch. I could swap out the wire but would prefer not to.

Thanks!
I've already asked and have been waiting on a live map v7 for our cars. I don't want to go back to v5.10 and then have to make the map switch harness. That and have SD patched in too.

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7