ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigric09
That last part was a good idea...

Those of us that tune multiple cars, it makes life easier. If you want, i can send you my start maps.... i have 3 VIII and 3 IX roms to use as bases..... 1 in each bracket to deal with the stock, jdm and omni map sensor so i dont have to go back and keep searching for the settings, it saves time on the dyno. I pretty much switch all VIIIs to the 9653 rom and the IXs to the 8859.
emailed you offline
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phenem
You are very close, looks like you already tried what I mentioned above. This should have fixed your problem. Please let us know.
This basically worked. Now I'm not sure how to get wideband working in livemaps, but that's a livemaps thing, not a rom/xml thing, so I would say this is the solution I needed. Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

OK guys,

I changed the XML stucture that Jack_of_Trades implemented. I did this because I kept on getting changes to the different XML files and changing 4 different files was difficult to keep up with. Also hard to keep track of what was changed and testing it.

[bunch of stuff snipped...]

Basically this allows us to update one XML file if there is a change that would effect all versions of the ROM files (ie: MAF, SD, DMA, DMA/SD). That way you only have to keep one main XML file and then the differences are in the SD and DMA versions. Keeps things organized better.

HOWEVER there is a drawback, it moves the differences to the top of the map. So if you have an SD ROM the SD Programming and Tuning are now right at the top, and same with DMA and DMA/SD. This is no big deal to me just need to get adjusted to where it is at now.

I updated the second post and uploaded all new ZIP files. Please re-download and use the updated XML files. I have also added an XML Pack that includes every XML file for every ROM for v7 for the people that just want the XML updates.

XML Pack for ALL EVO's - Download | Mirror
Cool, that's a good idea, thanks for the effort!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by voidhawk
Is there a how-to (or pre-edited version) for the v7 ROM on 96940011 that includes the JDM MAP based direct boost control?
Thanks for the fantastic work everyone!

Yes use the v7 ROM and implement this into the XML and you should be good to go: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...t-control.html
To get it to work on 96940011, do I start with tephra's 96530706 ROM or one of the custom ROM's you posted in the follow up message?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by voidhawk

To get it to work on 96940011, do I start with tephra's 96530706 ROM or one of the custom ROM's you posted in the follow up message?
You can just download Option 4 of mine 96530706 ROM and be done, it already has direct ecu boost enabled, all you need to do is tune it. You car should be able to run 9653 ROM without any issues.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:54 PM

Yeah you need to take you regular map and where you launch from and smooth it in so you don't stall. That's a tuning issue.
thanks for your answere phenem.
I just took the launch ign map and dialed in -15º. What can you recommend me to do?
Use the same ign hi octane map numbers and retard ignition only in the launch area?
AFAIK, the launch map de activates as soon as you release the clutch and the hi octane comes in inmediately
Heres a shot of the map.
Name:  Capturadepantalla2010-03-15alas4454.png
Views: 0
Size:  183.8 KB

thanks.

Last edited by got boost??; Mar 15, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I copied my fuel and timing maps into this location and then blended the surrounding cells into the areas i wanted the launch to be at to help with transitioning.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

OK guys,

I changed the XML stucture that Jack_of_Trades implemented. I did this because I kept on getting changes to the different XML files and changing 4 different files was difficult to keep up with. Also hard to keep track of what was changed and testing it.
So I downloaded the new zip for 96532706, which includes the 96530706 xml. fresh install of ecuflash, and using the provided 2706 ROM.

Check out the values for Start IPW latency msec, and IPW comp starting. These are fields where I saw huge variance from 0706 to 2706.

In the "original" 0706, this value is 2.592. In 2706 it's 432. I am again seeing 432. Is this still an XML issue?

I have no idea which one is "correct". AFAIK they're the same value just expressed differently. I'm leaning towards the 2.592 being correct however, has 432ms is nearly half a second, which is a lifetime for a fuel injector.

EDIT: There's nothing wrong here, the scaling is indeed different and more correct. Phenem schooled me on this a few posts down. Thanks Phenem!

These values are from both my 9417 and 9653 ROM. This is just a different scaling. The scaling is mcsec and not msec because that is what mrfred posted up in another thread on startup tables. These are the most updated and represent the value the best.

Last edited by Seijuro; Mar 15, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 03:05 PM

BTW,
for those with 88580014 ROM ECU's, 88580714 works great. Just change the inmobilizer code and upload.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OK guys,

So here is how it is done:

94170715 - TephraMOD-94170715-v7.xml

94171715 - TephraMOD-94171715-v7.xml
Inherits TephraMOD-94170715-v7.xml

96530706 - TephraMOD-96530706-v7.xml

96531706 - TephraMOD-96531706-v7.xml
Inherits TephraMOD-96530706-v7.xml

96532706 - TephraMOD-96532706-v7.xml

96533706 - TephraMOD-96533706-v7.xml
Inherits TephraMOD-96531706-v7.xml

88590715 - TephraMOD-88590715-v7.xml

88591715 - TephraMOD-88591715-v7.xml
Inherits TephraMOD-88590715-v7.xml

Basically this allows us to update one XML file if there is a change that would effect all versions of the ROM files (ie: MAF, SD, DMA, DMA/SD). That way you only have to keep one main XML file and then the differences are in the SD and DMA versions. Keeps things organized better.

HOWEVER there is a drawback, it moves the differences to the top of the map. So if you have an SD ROM the SD Programming and Tuning are now right at the top, and same with DMA and DMA/SD. This is no big deal to me just need to get adjusted to where it is at now.

I updated the second post and uploaded all new ZIP files. Please re-download and use the updated XML files. I have also added an XML Pack that includes every XML file for every ROM for v7 for the people that just want the XML updates.

XML Pack for ALL EVO's - Download | Mirror
I'll have to take a look at the new layout, I'm sure I can find a better way to have it setup so you don't have things get jumbled from to the other. Standarization is key here...no deviation or it'll cluster-f*ck things as time goes by. I'm still not a fan of inherits,personally. One thing I HIGHLLLLLLY recommend, don't post up ANY versions unless every setting is set to stock settings. There are planty of people who will lend a hand taking a new version and copying over the stock settings into it for ya so you don't have to do the foot work. I loaded a patched rom from l2r99gst and it was apparently setup for his tune/injectors/etc. I'm getting back on track (finallllly) with my other projects so I should have free time coming up to lend a hand again soon.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Seijuro
So I downloaded the new zip for 96532706, which includes the 96530706 xml. fresh install of ecuflash, and using the provided 2706 ROM.

Check out the values for Start IPW latency msec, and IPW comp starting. These are fields where I saw huge variance from 0706 to 2706.

In the "original" 0706, this value is 2.592. In 2706 it's 432. I am again seeing 432. Is this still an XML issue?

I have no idea which one is "correct". AFAIK they're the same value just expressed differently. I'm leaning towards the 2.592 being correct however, has 432ms is nearly half a second, which is a lifetime for a fuel injector.
Is this what you are reffering to? These values are from both my 9417 and 9653 ROM. This is just a different scaling. The scaling is mcsec and not msec because that is what mrfred posted up in another thread on startup tables. These are the most updated and represent the value the best. Here is screenshot:

Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Is this what you are reffering to? These values are from both my 9417 and 9653 ROM. This is just a different scaling. The scaling is mcsec and not msec because that is what mrfred posted up in another thread on startup tables. These are the most updated and represent the value the best. Here is screenshot:
That's exactly what I'm talking about.

/facepalm

Thanks Phenem, the devil is in the details and I missed that one.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, i just downloaded the new .xmls for each rom that Phenam posted. Now it looks like some of the definitions have changed. For instance, i no longer have the Injector IPW adder definition under the Main Map Fuel settings. But, what i get instead is "Cranking Primer Initial Pulse", which have values that have never been touched before(because i never had it defined). Why did this happen?

I guess i'll have go back to the old .xml and manually add the old stuff i wanted into the new xml.....
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iTune
So, i just downloaded the new .xmls for each rom that Phenam posted. Now it looks like some of the definitions have changed. For instance, i no longer have the Injector IPW adder definition under the Main Map Fuel settings. But, what i get instead is "Cranking Primer Initial Pulse", which have values that have never been touched before(because i never had it defined). Why did this happen?

I guess i'll have go back to the old .xml and manually add the old stuff i wanted into the new xml.....
Your XML must not be correct. I just checked the IPW (Cranking primer initial pulse) and it is correct. Post up the XML def. you are using for the IPW (old XML) and the new XML def. for the Cranking primer initial pulse.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your XML must not be correct. I just checked the IPW (Cranking primer initial pulse) and it is correct. Post up the XML def. you are using for the IPW (old XML) and the new XML def. for the Cranking primer initial pulse.
In the original tehpraMOD-96530706-v7.xml there was a table called "Injector Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder (Main)". In the xml i just downloaded in the set of xmls you posted, this table is gone. There are other tables defined in the new one that aren't in the old one. I cross referenced the old roms(using the old xml) and the new roms using the new xml and there are no apparent changes to these new tables, meaning whatever tables i was altering before, were not affected by the new tables that are defined now in this new .xml.

Is "Cranking Primer Initial Pulse" and "Injector Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder (Main)" two different tables? Looking at the data, looks like they are different and in that case, why did the table for "Injector Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder (Main)" not make it into the new .xml?

Here is the definition in my old .xml for "Injector Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder (Main)":

Code:
<table name="Injector Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder (Main)" category="Main Map Fuel Settings" address="3822" type="2D" level="2" scaling="TimeInjCranking">
        <table name="Coolant Temperature" address="69be" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
    </table>
Unless this old table was improperly defined and the new cranking fuel trim table is "Cranking Primer Initial Pulse".

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7