Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I sent some paypal like almost a year ago and havent received anything from tephra yet. maybe I sent too little?
tariqabdul@live.com
Old Jul 10, 2018, 08:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You sent a donation to Tephra. All the Tephra stuff for the Evo 8/9 is open source and available on this forum..
Old Jul 10, 2018, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
You sent a donation to Tephra. All the Tephra stuff for the Evo 8/9 is open source and available on this forum..
can't find 96260009
Old Jul 12, 2018, 09:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Ah. That one he asks money for.

Did you put a nite in your PayPal payment as to what it was for? Have you tried contacting him?
The following users liked this post:
TariqEvo (Jul 16, 2018)
Old Jul 16, 2018, 03:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Ah. That one he asks money for.

Did you put a nite in your PayPal payment as to what it was for? Have you tried contacting him?
have tried both. I was hoping to get that particular one. but as of now im trying to get 96530706 V7 working on my car.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbe help

Hi guys im installing a evo8 ecu in to a lancer wagon so i want to disable the immobilizer function , i want to.run a gm 3 bar map sensor and iat sensor i have ecu flash im hoping some one could give me a quick run down of whats needed i have tuning experience but not on this platform
Old Jul 29, 2018, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone has run into this issue. I am familiar with using Tephra V7 on Evo 9 ECUs and this is my first time messing around with an Evo 8 ECU (96531706). For some reason I can't find the MAP scaling on 96531796. This option is visible on 8859 ROMs but not this one. Can anyone offer any advice or point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Klaiceps
I'm wondering if anyone has run into this issue. I am familiar with using Tephra V7 on Evo 9 ECUs and this is my first time messing around with an Evo 8 ECU (96531706). For some reason I can't find the MAP scaling on 96531796. This option is visible on 8859 ROMs but not this one. Can anyone offer any advice or point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
that’s coz those roms came mostly in cars without map sensors. Like the jdm 8s. Try a different rom.
Klaiceps (Jul 30, 2018)
Old Jul 31, 2018, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Klaiceps
There is nothing to scale, the formulas are already built in for the omni 3-bar, 4bar, and even aem 5bar map sensor for the 9653 evo 8 roms. I could never find the scalings and formula for the 7bar though.
Klaiceps (Jul 31, 2018)
Old Jul 31, 2018, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks for your help guys. I'm using the 8859 ROM on my Evo which does have the MAP sensor scaling table. I'm trying to help out a friend and this is the first time I have touched the 96531706 ROM. Initially I thought I may need to edit my XML file to get the MAP sensor scaling table to appear but it looks like this table is just not an option for this ROM.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
There is nothing to scale, the formulas are already built in for the omni 3-bar, 4bar, and even aem 5bar map sensor for the 9653 evo 8 roms. I could never find the scalings and formula for the 7bar though.
Yes , 9653 has all these scalings, GM3 bar also.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 07:10 AM

Hello.
I have some questions about TephraMod V7:
1. Can I use MAP sensor on anything Evo VIII ECU or I need specific ECU? MAP from Evo X. By default TephraMod is have Evo X MAP scale?
2. I will use firmware on Evo VIII. Can I disable some OBDII errors? Because it's rally car and many arrangements and sensors had been removed.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by michaelukolov
Hello.
I have some questions about TephraMod V7:
1. Can I use MAP sensor on anything Evo VIII ECU or I need specific ECU? MAP from Evo X. By default TephraMod is have Evo X MAP scale?
Yes you can use the map sensor such as omni 3bar, omni4bar, aem5bar, jdm3bar but you will need the correct scalings for that map sensor.
2. I will use firmware on Evo VIII. Can I disable some OBDII errors? Because it's rally car and many arrangements and sensors had been removed.
Yes you can disable obdII errors like egr, rear 02, etc..
Old Aug 15, 2018, 09:21 PM

Post Finaly

Originally Posted by tephra
TephraMod V7

yeah finally

First of all I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the development of this, I reckon some of the new features are awesome

Secondly if you would like to donate just PAYPAL whatever you can/want to donations@globalshare.net

FEATURES

Flashing CEL on Knock
- slow flash for low knock
- fast flash for high knock
- low and high knock thresholds customisable
- minimum load threshold customisable
- can get it to drop boost if above the High knock threshold

Valet Mode
- customisable RPM limit
- autovalet on fresh ignition (ie if you leave the car and come back it will auto valet, as opposed to returning to the previous state you left the car in)
- NOT able to co-exist with TPS based map switching
- CEL will fast flash on ignition if valet is enabled

Alternate Maps
- 3 methods of switching maps - ADC0F (ie Jack_of_Trades harness OR meth failsafe), Intercooler Auto Switch (ie hold down for prescribed time), TPS switching (ie hold TPS like Valet mode)
- all 3 methods WONT switch TO AltMap when car is above load threshold
- ADC0F switching WILL switch BACK to Normal Maps if voltage drops below threshold - hence meth failsafe

BIG MAP
- changed ECU to use new BIGGER MAPS for both Fuel and Timing
- same axis's for both sets of maps
- altmaps and launch maps included
- LOW OCTANGE FUEL AND TIMING INCLUDED as well
- does NOT affect other timing maps, ie EGR or ColdStart
- both Fuel AND Timing use the same Load that the Fuel maps would normal use (ie Load_Baro_n_Temp_Compensated), please keep this in mind for high-altitude tuners

2byte to 1byte load factor
- simple divide routine to convert 2byte load into a 1byte field and then Evoscan will convert back to 2byte.
- MATCH you LoadFactor in ECUFLASH to the SAME as your Eval in evoscan
- MaxLoad is loadfactor * 255, ie a loadfactor of 1.2 will allow a Max Loggable Load of 306, 1.3 = 331... etc (choose an appropriate loadfactor based on your existing max load)

No Lift to Shift (NLTS)
- basically set's a revlimit of whatever your CURRENT RPM is (ie when you shifted) MINUS the RPM Drop you specify in EcuFlash
- Various thresholds ie TPS/Speed/Load so it wont activate by accident
- If you do have problem's its probably your top clutch switch.
- Always do the garage test (ie set speed to 0, tps to 20, load to 0 and then practice the engangement point whilst idling)

AFR Safety
- REQUIRES WB02 wired upto the rear02
- various thresholds and timers
- will Flash CEL AND/OR Drop boost

Launch Maps
- Allows you to customise your "Launch" igition and fuel maps
- various thresholds so it only activates on Launch
- Should override altmap mode as well

FULL Gear based boost control
- removed existing BDEL and BWGDC tables
- added new 3d tables with gear on the X axis
- allows you to have different boost levels AND wastegate duty cycles for each gear

TPS compensation for WGDC
- Basic multiplication table for WGDC

MAF IAT compensation for WGDC
- Allows you to add or remove WGDC based on intake air temp

100% WGDEC under a certain load
- Keeps BCS from openning wastegate under a certain load (to aid in spool up)

Preconfigured MUT Requests
MUT00+MUT01 = 2byte airflow (ie MrFreds mod in g/s or lb/min)
MUT02+MUT03 = 2byte airflow (ie MAFHz)
MUT40 = 1byte gear
MUT41 = 1byte load
MUT42+MUT43 = 2byte SPEED/RPM ratio (to get your gear ratios correct - if you need to)

2byte load AND 2byte RPM are no longer included and IMHO not needed!

INSTALLATION

Wiki Page

This time all you have todo is make sure you have a recent copy of EcuFlash (1.41+ is good) and you just COPY the entire .xml file into your EcuFlash XML directory. No more patching xml files.

BIG WARNING
Whilst I have tried to test everything as much as possible it is up to YOU to test each feature before driving your car around! If you notice any WEIRDNESS (including EcuFlash showing funny values for things) please post up so we can help you! No warranty is provided, and any damage done cannot be held against me!

ROMS

ROMS MOVED HERE

90550001 and 96260009 - "donation only" - meaning if you paypal me (whatever $$$'s its worth to you) I will send you the zip.. if you want it sent to another email address - put it in the paypal message

REPLACEMENT ROMS

969400XX, 964200XX??? - Use 96530706 - See Phemen's first reply down below!!

8884001X - You can use 88580714 with no problems. Just ensure you copy your immobiliser AND 0xFFA bits (yes 0xFFA) otherwise the immobiliser wont work

88570008 + MORE COMING SOON!!!

Hey tephra, hope my payment found its way to you, sorry Merlin,
I have attached the obvious so where do I go from here? I can not do any testing as I'm fitting yet again another crank angle sensor so have belts and bolts everywhere and snapped two bolts holding the damn thing but the solution and end of that saga is near. I have innovate dual lambda left and right bank also a 2bar map, thinking that aerodynamics like a brick and all the venting will have a positive ram air effect so what else and where to from here?

Thanks in advance, Tim.

Last edited by PajEVO; Aug 15, 2018 at 09:28 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old Aug 16, 2018, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by seeaich
Similar to you. running 2.0SD. just trying to get my cold driving ability like stock. everything else is smooth as butter
mods? care to share anything as far as fuel/timing go? i'm trying to dial in my boost error corrrection and could use some help..

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7