Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Here is a sample layout of MrFred's PSI based boost tables added to the basic 96530706 XML if anyone wants to take a peek and give suggestions.

LINK
Assuming that the BDE-Load/BDE-PSI in the "NEW 'STOCK' Boost Control Settings' is for the main maps, I will assume that the 'Baseline Wastegate Duty' table thats above it is for the main map as well, am I correct? So, this is now showing me 1 Alt BDE-Load and 1 Alt BDE-PSI (which we can use either or) under TephraMod V7, question is where did the 'Alternate Baseline Wastegate Duty' go? I know this is a sample and probably isn't complete, I'm just wondering where the wastegate tables for the Alt-Map went.

Last edited by ohhgyeahfasho; Oct 10, 2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Updated first post with new XML's re-download my files in the first page again to get the new XML data.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Nevermind, downloaded phenem's XML's and Alternate Base Wastegate table is now showing up again. Thanks. Hopefully when 88590015 rom is released, someone can provide the modified XML's. :P
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wooohooo, this is soo exciting! Cant wait for 88590715...
edit: I CAN wait (and will) just looking forward to it...
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
Assuming that the BDE-Load/BDE-PSI in the "NEW 'STOCK' Boost Control Settings' is for the main maps, I will assume that the 'Baseline Wastegate Duty' table thats above it is for the main map as well, am I correct? So, this is now showing me 1 Alt BDE-Load and 1 Alt BDE-PSI (which we can use either or) under TephraMod V7, question is where did the 'Alternate Baseline Wastegate Duty' go? I know this is a sample and probably isn't complete, I'm just wondering where the wastegate tables for the Alt-Map went.
Yes, the BWGDC map found under 'NEW 'STOCK' Boost Control Settings' if for the stock maps. Anything in BLUE is for MrFred's PSI based boost control. If you change the settings under 'Boost Control Options' for PSI based boost control, you'll ONLY use the BLUE maps. The only thing that gets used regardless of LOAD or PSI based boost control are the BWGDC maps.

The Alternate boost tables are at the bottom of the 'Tephra Mod Options' section.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 10, 2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, the BWGDC map found under 'NEW 'STOCK' Boost Control Settings' if for the stock maps. Anything in BLUE is for MrFred's PSI based boost control. If you change the settings under 'Boost Control Options' for PSI based boost control, you'll ONLY use the BLUE maps. The only thing that gets used regardless of LOAD or PSI based boost control are the BWGDC maps.

The Alternate boost tables are at the bottom of the 'Tephra Mod Options' section.

So we can still use the 2 byte load based boost?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chris Moore
So we can still use the 2 byte load based boost?
Yeah, you can use either or. As long as all of the tables in the "Boost Control Options" section as set for LOAD, you can use it just like normal. By default, it is set for LOAD.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, you can use either or. As long as all of the tables in the "Boost Control Options" section as set for LOAD, you can use it just like normal. By default, it is set for LOAD.
In my modified ROM the default is set to PSI. Also you have to be in developer user level mode for the BLUE sections to show up in ECUFlash.

Last edited by phenem; Oct 10, 2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:51 PM

wow such a long time waiting and now its finally here... thank you to everyone involved!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
This is awsome. You guys have really out done yourselves. w00t!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

So install mrfreds patch along with having the boost control options set for load correct? Or does it already come with that patch installed? Sorry just want to be clear.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Ahh, me an Phenem weren't on the same page. Since he's pre-patching it for MrFred's PSI based boost control, he already changed the settings so it can be plug n' play for PSI based boost control users. If you want to use it with LOAD based boost control, just change the settings in the 'Boost Control Options' section.

Phenem, I always have my user level set to developer and I see the tables in blue. Do people really use ECUFlash without increasing your user level??
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
96940011 to 96530706: Can anyone confirm that the stoopid CEL for the Idle control systems is infact not an issue anymore?

Last edited by alan678; Oct 10, 2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry let me try to make my question more clear. When we change it over to load based boost, does it already come with mrfreds settings to follow 2 byte instead of the factory based load it follows? If not, can we switch it over like normal?

Thanks again
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Ahh, me an Phenem weren't on the same page. Since he's pre-patching it for MrFred's PSI based boost control, he already changed the settings so it can be plug n' play for PSI based boost control users. If you want to use it with LOAD based boost control, just change the settings in the 'Boost Control Options' section.

Phenem, I always have my user level set to developer and I see the tables in blue. Do people really use ECUFlash without increasing your user level??
Opps that was a typo I meant developer not advanced.....fixed my posts to say developer. Good catch, I have way to many things on my mind....

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7