Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by alan678
Can anyone confirm that the stoopid CEL for the Idle control systems is infact not an issue anymore?
Correct this is not an issue anymore. It has been fixed if you use one my pre-patched ROM's from the second post.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chris Moore
Sorry let me try to make my question more clear. When we change it over to load based boost, does it already come with mrfreds settings to follow 2 byte instead of the factory based load it follows? If not, can we switch it over like normal?

Thanks again
Read my first post under Tephra's first post. It will explain everything. Read it, then read it again, then read it one more time. I think I made everything pretty clear there.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:21 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Is this version any different than v7t5?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please excuse the ignorance as i haven't followed the development of these mods. what is the point in including the normal Ignition and fuel maps? im having a little trouble understanding how these come into play vs the BIG maps
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scheides
Is this version any different than v7t5?
Yes! VERY DIFFERENT! Download the map and check it out, read Tephra's first post it lists all the things that are in this final v7.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RALLInspired
please excuse the ignorance as i haven't followed the development of these mods. what is the point in including the normal Ignition and fuel maps? im having a little trouble understanding how these come into play vs the BIG maps
Explain what you are asking here, BIG MAPS replaces the normal fuel/ignition maps. Is that what you mean?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:29 PM

Question

Originally Posted by phenem
Explain what you are asking here, BIG MAPS replaces the normal fuel/ignition maps. Is that what you mean?
yes the BIG MAPs replace the normal map. that i understand. im simply asking why the normal maps were included? do they still play a role?

thanks
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone have an FTP site that can give me an account to host the modified files? My FTP is running out of space and my bandwidth from my provider is not unlimited!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RALLInspired
yes the BIG MAPs replace the normal map. that i understand. im simply asking why the normal maps were included? do they still play a role?

thanks
OK I understand what you mean now, Tephra left them there because they are used for other things and he didn't want to change the reference points on those too. You shouldn't have to change those maps just leave them be stock. Just edit the NEW BIG MAPS and you should be good to go
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
your normal fuel and ignition maps are NO LONGER used - use the new ones under the "TephraMod V7" catagory in ECUFlash

you should find that changing the old ones has no affect on the tune.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone have an FTP site that can give me an account to host the modified files? My FTP is running out of space and my bandwidth from my provider is not unlimited!
I have a website that I can host them on, just email the files to me and I'll send back the links.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:38 PM

Man I think you guys have finally inspired me to switch from my stock tuned rom

Thanks for the hard work!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I have a website that I can host them on, just email the files to me and I'll send back the links.
I am looking for an FTP site so I can manage and upload/delete the files myself. Takes less hassle and human error out to make sure the most recent files are there and what not. I am OK for now but by the end of this month I need to find somewhere to put them....

If it comes down to it when we have been running this for a while and there are no more issues that come up. I will send you them and you can host them since we won't be changing anything anytime soon.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
your normal fuel and ignition maps are NO LONGER used - use the new ones under the "TephraMod V7" catagory in ECUFlash

you should find that changing the old ones has no affect on the tune.
Tephra on my modified version Jack_of_Trades made up an XML and organized everything better and put the new BIG MAP under the fuel/timing areas respectively. They are clearly marked NEW BIG MAP
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Correct this is not an issue anymore. It has been fixed if you use one my pre-patched ROM's from the second post.
Awesome...thanks! That drove me NUTS!

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7