Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phenem
Yeah they are already in the current XML we have posted. Download from post #2 again and replace that XML with the new one and you will see the Omni scalings...
I see multiple scaling definitions listed in that xml, and the one for the omni 4 bar I already have in my current xml. I was under the assumption that I needed to rescale voltages similar to my old 94170015 rom. I'm willing to bet if I swapped in a 3 bar everything would be spot-on.

The thing that bothers me is the map sensor logs correctly in Evoscan, but for some reason it just can't equate it to where it should be on the fuel/timing maps. For sh**s and giggles tomorrow I'm going to try the stock 3 bar scaling and see what it does.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
You open 96530706 base file and transfer your maps TO the new rom and then save your new patched rom.
Is this something I can do in Note Pad?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ch53avitech
No. He means transfer them manually. Take all the values from your old rom and swap them to the new rom that's included in the download.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:12 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Slo_crx1
No. He means transfer them manually. Take all the values from your old rom and swap them to the new rom that's included in the download.
which is hard 'cause you can't just cut/paste now that we have the "big" maps. if you do a search, there is a video on how to do the tephramod 5.1. it may help you. it made WAY more sense to me than reading all the threads.
i can host it and give you the link, if that will help.

there is a STEEP learning curve to all this. i've been trying to figure it out for MONTHS. and now tephra7 has even MORE stuff i have to figure out.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:14 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I get that all the time and its super annoying. What IS the deal with that? I thought it was from an error in the XML file but I couldn't find anything wrong with it.
Something is wrong in your XML, couldn't tell you what though

Start with a fresh copy and only move over stuff you need.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
which is hard 'cause you can't just cut/paste now that we have the "big" maps. if you do a search, there is a video on how to do the tephramod 5.1. it may help you. it made WAY more sense to me than reading all the threads.

there is a STEEP learning curve to all this. i've been trying to figure it out for MONTHS. and now tephra7 has even MORE stuff i have to figure out.
Yes, if you would like, you could host the video. It should take care of my problems. Thank you.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj

Bigmaps is a ****. I gather someone has developed an excel file that allows the small maps to transfer over to bigmap data that can be cut and pasted back into bigmaps.

We just bite the bullet and take our time cutting and pasting the small within the large, then edit the last lines wide and tall and copy them down the field all the same, then begin to edit from there. It takes a lot of time, but in the end the bigmaps is a much safer bet with tons of resolution. Any unused portion of the maps are designated with 7.4 fuel and -10 timing to get a better picture on the shape of the curvature the ecu cells will travel. It will have a built in ignition cut this way if the cells are over boosted.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:33 PM

any tephra mods for evo 7

hey looking for a tephra mod for evo 7 .....
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey dont know if this has been mentioned, but in the recompile .xml for the 88590715 ROM, the regular(old) timing tables 1,2&3 under "Timing" are still there, when they shouldnt be.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Trinievo7
Evo 7's can just use evo 8 roms IRRC.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:04 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Hey dont know if this has been mentioned, but in the recompile .xml for the 88590715 ROM, the regular(old) timing tables 1,2&3 under "Timing" are still there, when they shouldnt be.
when i saw those, i was like "WTF?! now i gotta cut/paste all my maps again!". LOL can't we just delete the xml for these maps?

Yes, if you would like, you could host the video. It should take care of my problems. Thank you.
i'll be home late Monday night and will do it for ya on Tues. keep an eye on this thread. i'll post it here. it's Jack of Trade's vid. try a search, in the mean time. it's on this site somewhere.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Bigmaps is a ****. I gather someone has developed an excel file that allows the small maps to transfer over to bigmap data that can be cut and pasted back into bigmaps.

We just bite the bullet and take our time cutting and pasting the small within the large, then edit the last lines wide and tall and copy them down the field all the same, then begin to edit from there. It takes a lot of time, but in the end the bigmaps is a much safer bet with tons of resolution. Any unused portion of the maps are designated with 7.4 fuel and -10 timing to get a better picture on the shape of the curvature the ecu cells will travel. It will have a built in ignition cut this way if the cells are over boosted.
That was actually tephra also... it is nice!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7597112-post3.html
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Trinievo7

Yeah I plan todo 90550001 asap
Old Oct 26, 2009, 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

Is there an easy way to transfer over your fuel and timing maps? the scaling is all different so I had to do it almost a cell at a time then interpolate.

Another question, all the maf settings seem different from my stock settings? Then again it says something is already added?

I haven't tested this out yet but if everything is fine how it comes I will.
I have an 8 running Option 2

EDIT: I fail for not reading two posts up.....
Still that only helps with the maps part. What about the MAF
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
when i saw those, i was like "WTF?! now i gotta cut/paste all my maps again!". LOL can't we just delete the xml for these maps?

i'll be home late Monday night and will do it for ya on Tues. keep an eye on this thread. i'll post it here. it's Jack of Trade's vid. try a search, in the mean time. it's on this site somewhere.
I did some searching and stumbled across the video. Thank you.

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7