Notices
EcuFlash

TephraMod V7

 
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:40 AM
  #766  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 225
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried SD v7 rom and I am having a bit of trouble. Manifold Air temperature (connected to fuel temp input, pin 77) logs for some reason as 3A request, not 09 as it supposed to be, and 09 request shows some rubish. 3a request doesnt work correctly. It shows -7 when the temperature is +4, when it is +8 it shows in evoscan 0 degrees celcius. Checked the impendace of the sensor and it correct, so the sensor is working. Checked the voltage coming from ECU and it is 4.7 volts instead of 5. (To figure out what sensor shows temperature I disconnected the plug from MAT sensor and the temperature droped immidiately to -65 degrees)

Guys, can you help me with this ? What have I done wrong ? Anyone having the same problem as me ?
YaroRS is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:43 AM
  #767  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (39)
 
phenem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA
Posts: 811
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by YaroRS View Post
I tried SD v7 rom and I am having a bit of trouble. Manifold Air temperature (connected to fuel temp input, pin 77) logs for some reason as 3A request, not 09 as it supposed to be, and 09 request shows some rubish. 3a request doesnt work correctly. It shows -7 when the temperature is +4, when it is +8 it shows in evoscan 0 degrees celcius. Checked the impendace of the sensor and it correct, so the sensor is working. Checked the voltage coming from ECU and it is 4.7 volts instead of 5. (To figure out what sensor shows temperature I disconnected the plug from MAT sensor and the temperature droped immidiately to -65 degrees)

Guys, can you help me with this ? What have I done wrong ? Anyone having the same problem as me ?
Read through this post and post up there to see if they can help you: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...y-patches.html
phenem is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 06:42 AM
  #768  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Jack_of_Trades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Opelika,AL
Posts: 3,523
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Slo_crx1 View Post
I see multiple scaling definitions listed in that xml, and the one for the omni 4 bar I already have in my current xml. I was under the assumption that I needed to rescale voltages similar to my old 94170015 rom. I'm willing to bet if I swapped in a 3 bar everything would be spot-on.

The thing that bothers me is the map sensor logs correctly in Evoscan, but for some reason it just can't equate it to where it should be on the fuel/timing maps. For sh**s and giggles tomorrow I'm going to try the stock 3 bar scaling and see what it does.
The 9563 rom works differently than the 9417 roms when it comes to MAP sensors. Since it doesn't use ANY MAP sensor data, we are just scaling input signal to get the proper readings in our tables for THAT particular sensor. The scalings are all correct for the popular map sensors in the new XML, just choose the scalings for your particular MAP sensor (omni 4 bar,omni 3 bar, etc..) in the tables pertaining to PSI based boost control and you are all set to go.
Jack_of_Trades is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:42 AM
  #769  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (6)
 
andrewzaragoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,019
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kaymin View Post
Another question, all the maf settings seem different from my stock settings? Then again it says something is already added?
i'm in the same boat. i can't seem to figure out what was added. has someone done this? i have a custom maf scaling and i can't bring it in because of the adder. thanks in advance!
andrewzaragoza is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:50 AM
  #770  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Appauldd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northern KY near Cincy
Posts: 2,408
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MAF scaling was changed to incorporate the MAF sze in the numbers you see. Simply subtract 357.5 from the numbers you see in the MAF scaling table....you should look like your current table.

I made a quick accel spread sheet that I put all of my current scalings into...then I added to every cell 357.5. The output values then are put into the MAF scaling table. Too easy.
Appauldd is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:55 AM
  #771  
Newbie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 80
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What table is applicable to MAF Scaling in v7? The only one close that I could find is MAF compensation.

Is there a table def I'm missing or am I blind?
nano is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:13 PM
  #772  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: south of the field
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys which of these can i run ... ? i got an JDM EVO 7 ... running a ralliart rom with some tricks ..to fuel, boost n speed ...

any help would be good ...
Trinievo7 is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:32 PM
  #773  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (11)
 
kaymin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 769
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uhm. So whenever ecuflash saves my V7 rom it changes it a 9694**** or whatever instead of keeping it in the same 965**** that all the evo 8s are supposed to use. So everytime I save, I lose all my tephra stuff and my maps and everything.. Makes no sense
kaymin is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:43 PM
  #774  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (48)
 
Creamo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,079
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou View Post
Something is wrong in your XML, couldn't tell you what though

Start with a fresh copy and only move over stuff you need.
I'm seeing this same issue; I did a fresh EvoScan install and only added the definitions in the second post (MAT as well) and get the error. I'll see if I can troubleshoot it down to which XML addition is causing the error.

That reminds me; I should check to see if Maptracer works w/ the BigMaps.
Creamo3 is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:52 PM
  #775  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (6)
 
andrewzaragoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,019
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Appauldd View Post
MAF scaling was changed to incorporate the MAF sze in the numbers you see. Simply subtract 357.5 from the numbers you see in the MAF scaling table....you should look like your current table.

I made a quick accel spread sheet that I put all of my current scalings into...then I added to every cell 357.5. The output values then are put into the MAF scaling table. Too easy.
thanks. but it still doesn't add up. looking at my stock oem rom it looks like this
19 145
25 152
50 165
75 175
100 182
125 187
150 191
175 195
200 198
225 200
250 203
275 206
300 208
400 217
500 222
600 226
800 233
1000 236
1200 237
1400 235
1600 232
while on v7 it looks like this.
19 357.4
25 366.1
50 382.4
75 395
101 403.8
126 410
151 415
176 420.1
201 423.8
226 426.3
252 430.1
277 433.9
302 436.4
403 447.6
503 453.9
604 458.9
805 467.7
1006 471.5
1208 472.7
1409 470.2
1610 466.5
andrewzaragoza is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 02:03 PM
  #776  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 254
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kaj View Post
when i saw those, i was like "WTF?! now i gotta cut/paste all my maps again!". LOL can't we just delete the xml for these maps?

i'll be home late Monday night and will do it for ya on Tues. keep an eye on this thread. i'll post it here. it's Jack of Trade's vid. try a search, in the mean time. it's on this site somewhere.
Originally Posted by ch53avitech View Post
I did some searching and stumbled across the video. Thank you.
Please post link to video. Thanks.
SoCal Rally is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:52 PM
  #777  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Slo_crx1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Simpson, PA
Posts: 821
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades View Post
The 9563 rom works differently than the 9417 roms when it comes to MAP sensors. Since it doesn't use ANY MAP sensor data, we are just scaling input signal to get the proper readings in our tables for THAT particular sensor. The scalings are all correct for the popular map sensors in the new XML, just choose the scalings for your particular MAP sensor (omni 4 bar,omni 3 bar, etc..) in the tables pertaining to PSI based boost control and you are all set to go.
Yeah I actually figured it out last night before I called it a night (was up until 12 digging around for the info only to find out they never had a map sensor...doh!). I didn't realize that the scaling that I added into the xml only changed the way the values looked so I could adjust them back down to match up with the load % values. I adjusted them down last night and flashed it onto the car first thing when I got home from work, went for a few logs and it works great now. So in a sense I was still running on the 3 bar settings, I just didn't realize it lol.

Now to tackle the rest of the VE tables and the asynch enrichment...it's gonna be a long night digging through jcsbanks SD thread lol.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!
Slo_crx1 is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:28 PM
  #778  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Jack_of_Trades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Opelika,AL
Posts: 3,523
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The MAF scaling actually has the 'MAF Adder' already added to the numbers( its not the MAF Size)...THEN it's converted to grams/sec. Whenever rescaling the MAF before, you always needed to add 140 (decimal value) to the (decimal)MAF scaling values before you did any calculations. If you wanted to remove 10% of fuel, you couldn't just make the value 10% smaller, you needed the first add the MAF Adder to the decimal value, THEN do the math. Now you can just add/subtract the actual percentage you'd like to change.

Its just like the boost tables. There is a 'Boost Adder' that needs to be added to the values in the boost tables to get the true boost level.


That scaling was actually from my own XML and I didn't mean to have it be added to the default XML

If you change the scaling to 'uint16' for the MAF Scaling instead of mine, it should read like the original ECUFlash XML's were.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 26, 2009 at 04:33 PM.
Jack_of_Trades is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 06:06 PM
  #779  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
D-VO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: kissimmee FL.
Posts: 545
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades View Post
That scaling was actually from my own XML and I didn't mean to have it be added to the default XML

If you change the scaling to 'uint16' for the MAF Scaling instead of mine, it should read like the original ECUFlash XML's were.
That's pretty damn sweet though! What I'm still trying to figure out is: What is the difference between changing the settings on the MAF compensation table compared to changing it on the MAF scaling table? It looks like they're the same except for the part of the formula you edited. I would think that if they are in fact the same then both tables would change when one value is edited, but it doesn't.

Last edited by D-VO; Oct 26, 2009 at 06:22 PM.
D-VO is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:02 PM
  #780  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Appauldd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northern KY near Cincy
Posts: 2,408
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guess I was wrong on that one. Funny thing is...whatever way I made the conversion....my MAF scaling is great and fuel trims are spot on.

Personally, I like your method. Saves a lot of adding and subtracting.

EDIT....

Oh I just remembered what I did....

I changed the scaling back to match my old ROM. Inported my numbers, then changed the scaling back.
Appauldd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TephraMod V7


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.