Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:45 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
on "EGR enable/disable" does "1" to enable EGR or to enable the patch? LOL and can't i just put 0% on the EGR tables?

if "limits" and "misc limits" are set to different amounts, which one works?

Last edited by kaj; Oct 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure 1 enables it. Not sure though
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:00 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by kaymin
I'm pretty sure 1 enables it. Not sure though
figure so.. but just wanna be sure it doesn't enable the PATCH.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

ya 1 should enable EGR and not the patch if I'm thinking right lol
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Finally DL'd V7 last night and started working on the XML for my needs. Added in all of the MRFred MAP and Boost Control tables for the JDM and OMNI maps, and now I need to add the PSI based control tables to the Tephra section and fix all of the other incomplete tables. I've got all kinds of XML in my 1.30 install that I need to put in as well ... I've been lazy, huh?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Many of us already have some heavily defined XML files.....ask around...I am certain that someone as an IX XML already done. Sorry, I am on a VIII so I can't help you.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Appauldd
Many of us already have some heavily defined XML files.....ask around...I am certain that someone as an IX XML already done. Sorry, I am on a VIII so I can't help you.
That and JoT is working with recompile on a 9 XML that I am sure he will be releasing soon. That way the 8 and 9 will be almost the same with, hopefully, the same tables defined.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:52 AM
EvoM Community Team

I started to update the wiki for v7 final. Tephra, it might help cut down some of the questions if you added a link to the first post...

http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/TephraM...ng_and_changes
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone else no longer able to log fuel trims on V7( recompile 88590715 (v7 + Mods)?

also add: Gear does not log properly, the rmp/ gear ratio is dead on but somehow I get only 1rst in 1-3, then 2 in 4th, and 4th in 5th..

( i have not made any changes to Evoscan xml and all of these logged properly prior to V7)

Last edited by tnt1106; Oct 29, 2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Finally got my Omni 4 bar completely scaled in to exactly match my old stock maf readings vs. boost pressure on the SD version. Everything ran so much better once I got those correct. I was having some issues with getting the hang of tuning the rpm VE tables, so in a way I circumvented them...I instead scaled the maf table to match my fuel trims. I unhooked the battery to reset the trims, flashed the car, and drove it all over town regulating between low, mid, and high map areas. Currently I'm now sitting at LTFT Low -.095, Mid -.88, and High .101

I honestly don't think I could get much better than that. Drivability is smooth as glass with the exception of around the 2k-2500rpm range I get a little bit of break up, but it's not anything dealing with my IPW as I've been over all my logs for the day and no ripple at all, so I'm guessing it's more of a timing issue.

I really want to thank you guys, your tremendous effort and help is much appreciated!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
I started to update the wiki for v7 final. Tephra, it might help cut down some of the questions if you added a link to the first post...

Excellent compilation fostytou. I would vote to add it. Nice to have things in one place.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slo_crx1
Finally got my Omni 4 bar completely scaled in to exactly match my old stock maf readings vs. boost pressure on the SD version. Everything ran so much better once I got those correct. I was having some issues with getting the hang of tuning the rpm VE tables, so in a way I circumvented them...I instead scaled the maf table to match my fuel trims. I unhooked the battery to reset the trims, flashed the car, and drove it all over town regulating between low, mid, and high map areas. Currently I'm now sitting at LTFT Low -.095, Mid -.88, and High .101

I honestly don't think I could get much better than that. Drivability is smooth as glass with the exception of around the 2k-2500rpm range I get a little bit of break up, but it's not anything dealing with my IPW as I've been over all my logs for the day and no ripple at all, so I'm guessing it's more of a timing issue.

I really want to thank you guys, your tremendous effort and help is much appreciated!

Think you were having fun with VE before....just wait till you go stroker/big turbo. I am up in the 110's-120 for my VE settings from 4500+rpm.

As for your circumventing the VE table, if you read JCSBanks "easy speed density" thread, he explains how to tune using the MAF smoothing table, which sounds similar to the compensated MAF scaling table.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Think you were having fun with VE before....just wait till you go stroker/big turbo. I am up in the 110's-120 for my VE settings from 4500+rpm.

As for your circumventing the VE table, if you read JCSBanks "easy speed density" thread, he explains how to tune using the MAF smoothing table, which sounds similar to the compensated MAF scaling table.
Well i'm not going to a huge turbo, but I am going to a 68lb/min turbo in the very near future so it should prove rather interesting. The compensated maf tables are exactly like the maf smoothing tables that JCSBanks talked about in his "easy speed density" thread. That's where I got the info and idea from, since I was beating my head in trying to get the VE tables in line.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

I'm spending tonight on getting v7 loaded on my car... Injector woes will have to wait until tomorrow.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou

+1 on this one. There's a lot of good info on here. Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7