Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More questions pertaining to everything under Turbo Boost Single Solenoid. Do the independent gear based BDEL and base wastegate duty tables reference the original TBEC table if our target load is off for each gear? If so why include the original RPM crossover points for low and high gear ranges and well as the BDEL(low and high gear ranges) and BWGDC(low and high gear ranges)? Also Do the WGDC correction intervals for high and low range apply to the independent gears?

as far as the JDM map sensor which addresses do we use for the MAP sensor definitions.

hope it makes sense. trying to get a handle on what/how things work now

thanks again

Last edited by RALLInspired; Oct 10, 2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: clarrification
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeah still uses stock TBEC

ignore the high/low gear ranges...
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by phenem
Tephra on my modified version Jack_of_Trades made up an XML and organized everything better and put the new BIG MAP under the fuel/timing areas respectively. They are clearly marked NEW BIG MAP
Yeah I thought about doing that BUT I wanted to keep all my **** together so people didn't get confused (ie being different from previous version of TephraMod)

Happy to go with the crowd on that one!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by tephra
yeah still uses stock TBEC

ignore the high/low gear ranges...
ok. just what about the correction intervals and the MAP sensor definitions.

thanks again tephra
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:28 PM
EvoM Guru

correction intervals will still use the low/high gear range thingy - but really just set them both to the same (ie 1 or 3 or whatever)

MAP defs - same as usual...
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Read my first post under Tephra's first post. It will explain everything. Read it, then read it again, then read it one more time. I think I made everything pretty clear there.
I understand that it is set up for psi based boost and how to switch it over to load based. Im just trying to figure out what "load" the load based follows. The stock setting or 2 byte?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it possible to (A) use the original definition for changing MAP sensor values for this rom (to allow me to log boost in Evoscan), and (B) will the scaling for the Omni 4 bar map sensor still be the same from the earlier version 7 release?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris Moore
I understand that it is set up for psi based boost and how to switch it over to load based. Im just trying to figure out what "load" the load based follows. The stock setting or 2 byte?
Use the def. in the XML to switch it over, look at the picture in my post it shows you what the values should be if you want load vs. psi based control.

It used the stock setting. You should never use 2 byte load for anything anymore. Tephra uses 1 byte load. Do some searching so you understand how that works too.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Great job guys. Can't wait to test it out. Anything for the 9642??
Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Tested V7 out today. Got an Idle Control system code, which I am sure is my BISS, I readjusted it a few minutes ago, but still have to go do a drive to verify. Gave myself a scare when I hit full boost and hit boost cut I forgot to change that part of the map... Of course getting the overly rich idle condition with EGR disabled... pretty annoying. Other than that it is driving fine. I haven't been able to go out and actually tune the map though... I will be doing that next week...
Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Use the def. in the XML to switch it over, look at the picture in my post it shows you what the values should be if you want load vs. psi based control.

It used the stock setting. You should never use 2 byte load for anything anymore. Tephra uses 1 byte load. Do some searching so you understand how that works too.
I log with 1 byte, but the load based boost cannot use 1 byte, it has to be 2 byte.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:39 PM
cmj
Evolving Member

Can this be made to work with 1.3x ecuflash versions? My cable will not work with newer versions.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Moore
I log with 1 byte, but the load based boost cannot use 1 byte, it has to be 2 byte.
exactly what i was thinking...

also which MAP sensor definitions should we use.... some of the addresses still work for this ROM (map test 1 through 4) but both EGR MAP check and MAP scaling for Baro are off for me.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
What I think Chris meant is, from the factory, the boost control is load based. However, the load value the boost control system uses is SLIGHTLY different from the load value the timing/fuel maps use. This is what he is referring to as the "stock" boost control system.

This was later patched to reference the same load value that the timing/fuel maps use. This is what he is referring to as the "2 byte" boost control system. Although that's a bit misleading/incorrect. What he should have said is the "common load"or "standard load" boost control system. But yes, the values of this "common load" does match up with what we all came to know as "2 byte load" and that's the point.

As far as 2 byte vs. 1 byte... the difference is only for logging. They both reference the same value, as far as the ECU is concerned for the various maps and for the actual tune. 1 byte exists as a logging improvement only.

Last edited by recompile; Oct 10, 2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 09:38 PM
Account Disabled

I am looking for an FTP site so I can manage and upload/delete the files myself. Takes less hassle and human error out to make sure the most recent files are there and what not. I am OK for now but by the end of this month I need to find somewhere to put them....

If it comes down to it when we have been running this for a while and there are no more issues that come up. I will send you them and you can host them since we won't be changing anything anytime soon.
i can help you out.

Send me a PM.

- Bryan

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7