Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cossie1
Is there any chance of 90550001 before you move onto another 8 rom ??
Is that a 6 or 7 ROM?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Good find.....and good question.

As for the universal 9653 is EDM.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 08:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
cossie - yup i am trying to get 90550001 done asap.

last couple of weeks i've had a lot of other stuff to deal with (non evo stuff)
Old Nov 4, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jim in Tucson
Any idea why the defaults for the two Cranking Enrichment IPW adder tables would be so different? See attached. I assume the Alt table is correct and the main table has bad data, am I right? And the two different table sizes, is that intentional?

Maybe I'm simply assuming too much, as I assumed the new V7 96530706 had the very latest Mitsu defaults, so I have been diligently NOT changing them to match my old 94170014. Is this not the case?

96530706 has been working out pretty well for me, but I'll go along with the idea of having only one USDM ROM. I thought the 9653xxxx was a USDM ROM, is that not the case?

Looks like its doesnt have the right scaling. Or its just different.

After taking a quick look again though 9653, I have found about 6-7 tables that are different (from my 9642 ROM). They just might be scaled wrong, defined wrong or they are just plain different. And we dont even have every table defined. I would bet that there is a good amount of differences.

Regardless, reasons like this is why I dont use 9653 or put 9653 on cars that I tune.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally run a 94170015 SD rom in my 03......but plan to switch to the 9653 ROM because I have been jonesing to try the liveMAP stuff out.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
No offense taken. I like to do thing proper (no offense to anyone) and believe a USDM car should run a USDM ROM

I dont know. heres my list of cons why I dont switch to 9653

-idle problem (i know it can be fixed with properly adjusting the BISS, but still)
It looks to me like it would be hard to argue that this is a problem. I set the idle exactly as specified in the US service manual and my car (and 04 RS) idles great -- better than it did on 96420008 actually.

[quote]

-Also, since we dont know every single table for any ROM, there may be tables in 9653 that are different from the USDM ROM, that we dont know about.
This is actually an argument for using only a single rom. The more people who use it, the more problems that will be found and fixed. 96530006 seems to be the most universal, so by that argument it will improve fastest.

-Another big reason to me is the "throttle hang" problem. The 03-04 cars dont have this problem and 05+ do(ie 9653). Also since no one has found a complete and perfect fix to this, the only way to correctly remedy it at this point is using a 03-04 ROM. After dealing with the "hang" in my 05 VIII and my IX, then gettin my 04 RS, that has no hang at all, im a lil reluctant to move to a ROM with that "dreaded throttle hang"
It's fixed on my car: two ISCV tables + the decel tables. Throttle response is just like stock.

-Also I tune other peoples cars, and I dont feel 100% safe about putting on 9653, especially since I dont run it in my own car.
? But would that apply to anything? Why do you feel comfortable running a tune that is different from your car?

I do also understand that having to mod more ROMs, take more time for developers and such, but as I see it, one USDM VIII ROM should be mandatory.
So many things have changed that I would argue that tephra's releases aren't actually US or EU roms anymore. Timing, fuel, and boost logic are signficantly different. It's strange to hear folks worry about the origin of the rom, but not worry about that.

d
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donour
It looks to me like it would be hard to argue that this is a problem. I set the idle exactly as specified in the US service manual and my car (and 04 RS) idles great -- better than it did on 96420008 actually.

I understand its a very very easy problem to fix. But to me it just goes to show that the EDM ROMS might not be as similar to USM ROMS as we think.

This is actually an argument for using only a single rom. The more people who use it, the more problems that will be found and fixed. 96530006 seems to be the most universal, so by that argument it will improve fastest.

yes, like i said in the other thread. I know that having one universal ROM, well get all the problems found and fixed faster and its better for the comunity. Im just picky about my car and would like to run a USDM ROM with V7 (also, read quote at bottom of post)

It's fixed on my car: two ISCV tables + the decel tables. Throttle response is just like stock.

I have also fixed the throttle hang on a couple cars using ISCV tables and decel tables, but when using those setting on some other cars, it didnt completely get rid of the hang and sometime causd cold start issues. (I also tried modifiying the setting a lil to no avail)

Also, people have seen that even after "fixing" it, the AFR doesnt shoot back up to super lean, like it should, showing that we have not completely fixed that problem.

? But would that apply to anything? Why do you feel comfortable running a tune that is different from your car?

I say that because I sometime tune others cars here in Cali. now I cant just load up 9653, tune and send people on their way, cuz IIRC the EDM ROMs do not have emission stuff on it, so here in CA, cars would fail smogs (when people he have passed with cams, upgraded stock-like turbos and other mods)

So many things have changed that I would argue that tephra's releases aren't actually US or EU roms anymore. Timing, fuel, and boost logic are signficantly different. It's strange to hear folks worry about the origin of the rom, but not worry about that.

d
Also, this doesnt have to be a topic no more. I will say the same exact thing I said in the new "universal ROM thread". I never meant this to become a topic.

All I did was ask if tephra would make a USDM V7 and I said I would donate more, even though I have already donated towards V7.

I guess I should have just sent my request to tephra in private and just paid him to do one V7 USDM ROM for me. Sorry

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Nov 5, 2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Is that a 6 or 7 ROM?
It's a 7 rom that works perfect on a 6

Originally Posted by tephra
cossie - yup i am trying to get 90550001 done asap.

last couple of weeks i've had a lot of other stuff to deal with (non evo stuff)

No probs Dave, was just checking it wasn't gonnna get pushed back
Old Nov 5, 2009, 04:06 AM
sba
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here are way to many pages to look into.

Is there any v7 for 8884001x - EDM Evo IX???

We are eagery waiting!!!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by phenem
Yeah ICS = intercooler sprayer and 9417 is currently a supported SD ROM too. I think 9417 is the best ROM choice.

What does everyone think?

Tephra, will 9417 be a good choice for all USDM 8's?
94170015 is probably the most defined of the VIII ROM ID's; I've converted to V7 and have worked out most of the little issues. The next one is throttle hang, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm all for a universal USDM ROM, but think all V7 issues can be remedied rather easily.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sba
Here are way to many pages to look into.

Is there any v7 for 8884001x - EDM Evo IX???

We are eagery waiting!!!
Check the first page. I'm using the alternative solution.
I'm not sure if it has some drawback, but it works.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
The transition to v7 96530006 is rather painless, at least on my 03 it is. Sure there are tuning differences, but all that needs to be done is to ensure that you transfer your stock table values into v7.

There is a lot of difference between each rom. Therefore each rom has is't specific needs to run your car properly. The v7 rom works wonderfully! You just have to take the time to TUNE it properly for your specific mods and stock rom.

I too fought tooth and nail for a USDM universal rom 94170015, but after making the switch to v7, I regret any turmoil I may have caused. My own ignorance was stopping me from enjoying the best "stock" rom available.

The problem is that USDM models differ every year.... 03 to 04 the turbo hot side changed.... 04 to 05 we got ACD...05 to 06 we got the IX. There is no way to make one rom cover every model and work great out of the box. Thus the need to TUNE.

My car runs better now than it did when it was stock. Smooth, starts on the first crank, idles well, and pulls like hell. The best part is that drivability has improved to a point I get 23-26 miles per gallon. My car stock never did that.

Take your time and TUNE....you will be elated with the results.
I think that is due to the big maps, my car on the newer big maps feel much better dailing driving, the car feels more responsive.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

me too looking forward to the 90550001 (very popular rom over here)

top work guy
Old Nov 5, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
sponners, I've been wanting to ask you guys that are running 9055: have any of you actually tried running 9653? It might be a quick way to get you guys up to speed with the rest of us.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by logic
sponners, I've been wanting to ask you guys that are running 9055: have any of you actually tried running 9653? It might be a quick way to get you guys up to speed with the rest of us.
i think its been tried already and it did not work very well if i remember correctly.can the USDM people not run 96260009? thats the rom we use sometimes as an alternative to 96530006

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7