Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Also, does anyone have the MAP SENSOR maps for 96530006? That's actually required for PSI based boost control and will be necessary for this pre-patched setup.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/5627574-post366.html

I've been running with this for some time now with V5.10 and it's worked great!

There's nothing to be defined in the MUT (which you probably would have guessed).

Last edited by Monochrome; Oct 11, 2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Been there for ages, was in v5.10 also. Look in the Tephra Mod Options Section to turn it on or off.
Really? On my car I got a CE light for the heater even with that enabled (or disabled in this case). I had to add that code to disable it.

Has that been changed for V7?

Last edited by Monochrome; Oct 11, 2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been there for ages, was in v5.10 also. Look in the Tephra Mod Options Section to turn it on or off.
I thought that just simulated the 02 sensor reading, not the heater check.

I had to do the heater check manually (I just removed the whole subroutine).

d
Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Monochrome
Really? On my car I got a CE light for the heater even with that enabled (or disabled in this case). I had to add that code to disable it.

Has that been changed for V7?
My bad man, I read it too quickly and didn't see you meant the 'HEATER' disable. That would be a great thing to add

Does anyone have the heater disable for 88590015 by any chance?????

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 11, 2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

wow, you totally overlooked that section,lol. you don't just CHECK OFF that box, that is just a 'label'. All of the tables below that 'label' need to be changed. In the parenthesis it tells you the value you need to enter for load OR psi based boost control. If you want load, change all of theose tables to the LOAD settings.
Damn, I can't believe I did't see that - thx
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

My bad man, I read it too quickly and didn't see you meant the 'HEATER' disable. That would be a great thing to add

Does anyone have the heater disable for 88590015 by any chance?????
Code:
	<table name="Heater CEL" category="Rear O2" address="2DAFB" type="2D" level="2" scaling="blobbits">
		<table name="Bit values" type="Static Y Axis" flipy="true" elements="8">
			<data>N/A</data>
			<data>N/A</data>
			<data>N/A</data>
			<data>N/A</data>
			<data>Rear O2 Heater CEL Enable</data>
			<data>N/A</data>
			<data>N/A</data>
			<data>N/A</data>
		</table>
	</table>
Change the 0 to a 1 using the increment ("]") key.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am only seeing 9653 for the EDM, i know it will take some work, but you guys think i can get it on a JDM to run with no problems???
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by phenem
If you download my version don't touch it should be: 0x0040

That is the USDM value.
Both that I have seen were expressed as "2001". So it should look like "0040"?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Just curious, what's the ETA for the Evo9 version? Days or Weeks?

I have a dyno appointment this month but I'll reschedule if 88590715 isn't going to be out in time.

Thanks guys.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chmodlf
Have the throttle hang issues been solved in this release? Do we need to modify the decel fuel cut and idle stepper look up tables?

For those who do not know what I am talking about the thread is here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ttle-hang.html
Still working on it. I am testing different values for the decel tables and the ICSV idle decel as well. Zeroing out the ISCV idle decel tables helps the hang a LOT, it goes from about 3-5 seconds to 1/2 a second. But it still dumps a little bit of fuel, but def. not like before. So I think it narrowed down to just the decel tables now. I will include the fix in the release if it is found.

So just everyone understands what this is. What happens is when you take for foot off the throttle under daily driving and partial throttle conditions. RPM's hang a bit and in some cases the car dumps a little more fuel and the car will buck very lightly. This is an issue on all EVO 9's and 8's if you upgrade to 9653. Thinking it has something to do with emissions, since 9653 is a 05 ROM.

I will keep this post updated with the results, if any, are found on the issue. If you go over to that thread and zero out the ISCV tables it will greatly reduce the issue and for most it will be considered a fix.

I drove my without any fix before and I considered it normal, it was something I really didn't notice. Only every now and then...
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

There is an ecu process of adding fuel after a vacuum in the manifold for emissions reasons.
You think the hang is an offspring of this?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

<p>
Originally Posted by Monochrome
Might I suggest adding the rear O2 sensor heater disable to this patch as well?</p><p>
Code:
&lt;table name=&quot;Rear O2 Heater Patch&quot; category=&quot;Mods&quot; address=&quot;2c62a&quot; type=&quot;1D&quot; scaling=&quot;Hex16&quot;/&gt;
</p><p>Open up the ROM, navigate to the &quot;Mods&quot; section, change &quot;Rear O2 Heater Patch&quot; from &quot;4A0B&quot; to &quot;0009&quot;</p><p>My rear O2 has been replaced with the wideband.</p><p><strong>This might also work but I need to confirm the address!</strong>
Code:
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;table name=&quot;Heater CEL&quot; category=&quot;Rear O2&quot; address=&quot;2c61e&quot; type=&quot;2D&quot; level=&quot;2&quot; scaling=&quot;blobbits&quot;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;table name=&quot;Bit values&quot; type=&quot;Static Y Axis&quot; flipy=&quot;true&quot; elements=&quot;8&quot;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;data&gt;N/A&lt;/data&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;data&gt;N/A&lt;/data&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;data&gt;N/A&lt;/data&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;data&gt;N/A&lt;/data&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;data&gt;Rear O2 Heater CEL Enable&lt;/data&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;data&gt;N/A&lt;/data&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;data&gt;N/A&lt;/data&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;data&gt;N/A&lt;/data&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/table&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;/table&gt;
</p><p>Jack,</p><p>Can you add this above info to the XML along with this:</p><p>https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ecu-again.html</p><p>
Code:
&lt;table name=&quot;Ignition Coil Charge Time&quot; category=&quot;Timing&quot; address=&quot;41ea&quot; type=&quot;2D&quot; level=&quot;2&quot; scaling=&quot;uint8&quot;&gt;&lt;table name=&quot;Battery&quot; address=&quot;6808&quot; type=&quot;X Axis&quot; elements=&quot;9&quot; scaling=&quot;BatteryVoltage&quot;/&gt;&lt;/table&gt;</p><p>&lt;table name=&quot;Ignition Coil Charge Time (Unknown 1)&quot; category=&quot;Timing&quot; address=&quot;41fa&quot; type=&quot;2D&quot; level=&quot;2&quot; scaling=&quot;uint8&quot;&gt;&lt;table name=&quot;Battery&quot; address=&quot;6808&quot; type=&quot;X Axis&quot; elements=&quot;9&quot; scaling=&quot;BatteryVoltage&quot;/&gt;&lt;/table&gt;</p><p>&lt;table name=&quot;Ignition Coil Charge Time (Unknown 2)&quot; category=&quot;Timing&quot; address=&quot;420a&quot; type=&quot;2D&quot; level=&quot;2&quot; scaling=&quot;uint8&quot;&gt;&lt;table name=&quot;Battery&quot; address=&quot;6808&quot; type=&quot;X Axis&quot; elements=&quot;9&quot; scaling=&quot;BatteryVoltage&quot;/&gt;&lt;/table&gt;
</p>

Last edited by IB Chandak; Aug 26, 2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mt057
Both that I have seen were expressed as "2001". So it should look like "0040"?
Should look like this:

Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nothere
There is an ecu process of adding fuel after a vacuum in the manifold for emissions reasons.
You think the hang is an offspring of this?
Could very well be! Post over here for ideas: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ttle-hang.html
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by phenem
Should look like this:

I do not have the imobilizer hex avaible to view. I only have Int. and imb. code.

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7