Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dalys8
Is it okay to not use the romdata / evo folder for .XML files? I use a completely separate folder for everything. One folder for v7 rom and xml, another for v5, another for stock, etc., not in the ecuflash directory. I always change the directories in ecuflash switching between the two. Could this be why I may be having issues somehow?
Hi dalsy,

Well , i have not tried changing any of the xml destination folders but i have changed the xml names and that hasnt had any effect on anything.

You can definitely try what i have done.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 05:19 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mines5
UPDATE *

Solved the problem. At the same instant i was having 2 xmls for 96530706 1 was for evo 8 and the other was for evo 7 which was some how causing that problem. As soon as i removed the evo 7 XML from rommetadata evo folder the throttle hang on accel was gone.
nope it doesn't work like that. those xml files do not tell ecuflash how to flash a rom file. the same rom file was written to the car no matter what xml you load.. (only the "read templates" folder controls that, I doubt you changed any of those?)

did you fix any values in the tables after fixing the xml? what tables did you alter the data to make it work after loading the correct xml?

another theory is that you changed a value in a section of the rom that cause the crc checksum to be different and it flashed that whole block to your ROM again, fixing the corrupt block in your ecu.

in this extreme situation, I have seen people flash an "entire" different rom to try and clear the guts out of the rom in the ecu, and then re-load the rom you want again to the ecu.

Last edited by evoscan; Sep 16, 2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
nope it doesn't work like that. those xml files do not tell ecuflash how to flash a rom file. the same rom file was written to the car no matter what xml you load.. (only the "read templates" folder controls that, I doubt you changed any of those?)

did you fix any values in the tables after fixing the xml? what tables did you alter the data to make it work after loading the correct xml?

another theory is that you changed a value in a section of the rom that cause the crc checksum to be different and it flashed that whole block to your ROM again, fixing the corrupt block in your ecu.

in this extreme situation, I have seen people flash an "entire" different rom to try and clear the guts out of the rom in the ecu, and then re-load the rom you want again to the ecu.
Hi Hamish,

I do not know how the ecu flash logic works. I used to have a 96530706 xml which works on evo 7 and then in the same folder i had 9653 XML for evo 8 . When ever i opened the bin file for evo 7 or evo 8 the number of tables and their arrangement was ditto. Before removing the e7 XML i tried all types of fixes available for throttle hang but they never worked.
Out of the blue i just thought that how can evo 8 run on the same XML as evo 7 , both are different. So i just simply removed the e7 xml , flashed the car back with e8 xml and the problem was gone. If you want i can send you both the xmls on your email you can try and compare.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would be interested to see if my v7 issues stem from going back and forth between my rom, which is not stock, and v7. I wonder if flashing my car with a bone stock evo8 rom, thereby getting rid of any "corupt" logic in the ECU, meaning it contradicts with v7, then flashing to v7 would fix my high revs getting stuck with v7.
Is my thought process flawed?
-Shane
Old Sep 19, 2016, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

I would be interested to see if my v7 issues stem from going back and forth between my rom, which is not stock, and v7. I wonder if flashing my car with a bone stock evo8 rom, thereby getting rid of any "corupt" logic in the ECU, meaning it contradicts with v7, then flashing to v7 would fix my high revs getting stuck with v7.
Is my thought process flawed?
-Shane
Shane , i think its time to find out by flashing other rom.

I tried, luckily got the break through.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:58 AM

still no luck

Originally Posted by mines5
Shane , i think its time to find out by flashing other rom.

I tried, luckily got the break through.
I flashed a bone stock 94170015 ROM as to clear any "corrupt" rom-space, followed by the v7 ROM and still suffered from the same issues I was having before---difficulty sweeping through high RPM's at WOT with stuttering / stalling in brief, random successions.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

I flashed a bone stock 94170015 ROM as to clear any "corrupt" rom-space, followed by the v7 ROM and still suffered from the same issues I was having before---difficulty sweeping through high RPM's at WOT with stuttering / stalling in brief, random successions.
can you check your idcs are good when stuttering occurs? Faulty fuel pump . Clogged injector ? Choked fuel filter
Old Sep 21, 2016, 09:16 AM

This occurred with my stock as well as my new DW200 fuel pump that I installed last week. My injector duty cycles are all in check (between 40 and 85% at WOT from 4000 to 7500), and my AFR's are 11.0-11.5 during stuttering.
I have tried disabling fuel cuts / boost cuts / ECU-based boost control, all the v7 goodies such as NLTS, AFR safety, knock safety, alt maps, launch maps, etc...
Again, my car runs great on anything other than the v7 ROMs whether it is the speed density or MAF-based.
The load cells accessed also show that the timing correlates to what it should be as well.
The frustrating part is I have converted other cars to v7 with no issues, be it EVO VIII's or IX's!

Anyway, the only thing that I can think to try out the Option 4 96530706 (v7 + Mods) again and double-triple-quadruple check that all the user-entered values are proper. Perhaps 94170015 was flashed to my car when the previous owner had it tuned at English Racing. I have a 2005 VIII, so I'm sure the original ROM id was 969400XX, meaning I may probably have better luck---possibly---with the 96530706 ROM. The original 94170015 ROM clearly has no issues with my car, as everything works great, but perhaps the v7 version is simply a no-no. I'll update when I try the 96530706 again.

***EDIT***
Upon double-triple-quadruple checking values, I decided to verify that "Ignition Coil Charge Time" tables were the same between my v5 and the default v7 values.
I did some research on Igntion Coil Charge Time, as I found that it was not in my XML definition for my tephra v5 XML.
I found this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...u-again-4.html
English Racing, which tuned my car prior to my ownership, seems to have done alot of work in the past defining these values in various ROMs (thank you for that hard work, John Bradley and others). The thread also shows that they bump up these values to help with misfires and other issues. Anyway, I defined these parameters in my v5 XML, and as expected are quite higher than the default values in the v7 ROMs.
I have copied these values over, and will give the v7 another try---hopefully this fixes things!

I appologize to English Racing if I am sharing any "secret" ignition-tuning information (to this note I will not share the actual values in my v5 ROM); I am simply hoping to share this potential solution to those that have had a previously tuned car, and having stuttering/misfire issues that I have been having for quite some time attempting to run v7

###EDIT-2###
Changing the ignition coil charge time tables fixed my issue! V7 working beautifully!
It only took me a month to figure it out...

Suggestion: The directions for the v7 thread should also emphasize copying over Ignition Coil Charge Time tables to aid those who have had their car previously tuned, as they likely altered the ignition charge time values to alleviate misfire issues!

Best,

-Shane

Last edited by dalys8; Sep 21, 2016 at 12:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mines5 (Sep 22, 2016)
Old Oct 9, 2016, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have the 96260709 xml definition file? Mine's gone with the Laptop stolen...
Old Oct 9, 2016, 06:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_jing
Does anyone have the 96260709 xml definition file? Mine's gone with the Laptop stolen...
In your email, that u got from me originally?
The following users liked this post:
dr_jing (Oct 9, 2016)
Old Oct 9, 2016, 09:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Launch Control Won't Engage Evo 9 - 88590715

Hey guys, seem to be having an issue with Launch Control on this Evo 9. I'm using Tephra V7 obviously and inheriting this particular XML - 88590715. When I open this XML you can see that there are tables for Stationary Rev Limiter and Overall Rev Limiter. The Rev Limiter states that it is the limit for any and all conditions. My question is, could this be the reason that launch control won't won't engage no matter what?

Old Oct 11, 2016, 04:44 AM

Hey guys I would to see if some one on here can help me on lock a aem v1 I'm getting that

ications Library
-Initializing Comms
-Serial Comms Initialized
-Found ECU TYPE 'AEM15GEN' Version 'VTTRX'

Then a popup said: No File For ECU Version

Running the ECU Setup Wizard just said: Could Not Find AEM Configuration File

I was using AEMPro V1.19 and then downloaded the AEMPro V1.11 and had the same results with both of them

Trying to Install ECU or anything else is not working. I tried searching and found one similar thing happening but I cannot seem to find anything about this Version VTTRX so does anyone know what that means or how to get around this? Thank you!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 03:31 PM

Took me a while but already sent donation for Evo 7 90550001 ROM. Thanks @tephra
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
sent a donation 2 weeks ago for evo 7 roms and no reply

can anyone email me rom and def? already paid!!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i can't find the stock v7 rom for the evo 9, i'm justi looking for the stock version of v7 i dont have jdm map sensor or 3 bar boost controller the one on the first page doesnt work

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7