Notices
ECU Flash

launch maps

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
So what are some good settings?? I would like to make 10/12psi?? or will it keep building boost if I stay on the gas to long??
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:31 AM
And
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you need to try and smooth out the transitions between the areas too,
Name:  launch.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  198.1 KB
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-6 degree's timing should get you around there IIRC.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:52 AM
Evolved Member

How much boost are hitting with ue settings???
Thanks,,,,,,
Originally Posted by And
you need to try and smooth out the transitions between the areas too,
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:14 AM
And
Evolving Member

about 1.45bar last time i used the launch
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Tehpra, any word on the possibility to use the launch maps as a software anti-lag for in between shifts? I've been interested on making this work for awhile now.

Still trying to make the ECU lower the timing retard limit past -10 though....still no luck.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Does it hold at that psi or keep building boost??? O ya what's ur 2step set at??
thanks.....
Originally Posted by And
about 1.45bar last time i used the launch
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:43 AM
And
Evolving Member

it generally holds there but then again I don't hold on the launch for a very long time < 5 secs
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

what's ur 2step set at?
Originally Posted by And
it generally holds there but then again I don't hold on the launch for a very long time < 5 secs
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by C130flyer
I set my timing to -10 and fuel to 7.4 and when I get on the the 2 step it logs 30+ knock counts and the motor sounds like its beating itself to hell. Then once I come off the 2step the car idles funny and doesn't run right for about 15 seconds.
I noticed nobody commented on this. I see the same thing. Is this normal?

If so, does everybody just make the knock decay timer really short to compensate?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Seijuro
I noticed nobody commented on this. I see the same thing. Is this normal?

If so, does everybody just make the knock decay timer really short to compensate?
NO...do nothing to your knock sensor tables.

Couple of things can be happening to cause this. If it's real knock, it could be because of a overly rich condition(which can and will cause knock) or because of inconsistant/non-smoothed timing curve. It can also be phantom knock from something banging around in and around the engine or even valve train noise/mechanical noise.

I suggest you log AFR's during a 2-step (before and after) and adjust AFR's no richer than about 10.0:1 during the 2-step and in the low 11's during spool up. You want some extra fuel in there, but not too much that it can cause knock, while remaining safe. Once you get AFRs dialed in, look at timing and smooth out the transitions (to and from launch maps and main maps) as well as the timing curve in your launch maps. Be sure to look at a map-trace so you can see what cells your ECU is polling during a launch. You will need to re-adjust fuel when you make timing changes, so as you make the timing changes, don't forget to re-adjust your AFRs.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iTune
NO...do nothing to your knock sensor tables.

Couple of things can be happening to cause this. If it's real knock, it could be because of a overly rich condition(which can and will cause knock) or because of inconsistant/non-smoothed timing curve. It can also be phantom knock from something banging around in and around the engine or even valve train noise/mechanical noise.

I suggest you log AFR's during a 2-step (before and after) and adjust AFR's no richer than about 10.0:1 during the 2-step and in the low 11's during spool up. You want some extra fuel in there, but not too much that it can cause knock, while remaining safe. Once you get AFRs dialed in, look at timing and smooth out the transitions (to and from launch maps and main maps) as well as the timing curve in your launch maps. Be sure to look at a map-trace so you can see what cells your ECU is polling during a launch. You will need to re-adjust fuel when you make timing changes, so as you make the timing changes, don't forget to re-adjust your AFRs.
It could be because I'm going too rich, I think I'll revisit this after I get my MAF set right.

These are the tables I was using. Stationary rev limit is @ 5500.

Click for bigger.

Click for Bigger.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

I see AFRs of 20:1 during two step. This is in spite of setting the AFRs on the map at the max rich setting. It is very important to not jab the throttle when going into the 2-step. SLOWLY squeeze. You will see less knock. Personally I do not think that one can be knock free in the 2-step. Fuel cut, injectors blast the chamber with fuel, repeat, etc. This is not an ideal way for the combustion process to occur. Just limit the time on the 2-step and transition your maps so that when you leave the 2-step you transition to "normal" combustion events.

Last edited by chmodlf; Mar 28, 2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chmodlf
I see AFRs of 20:1 during two step. This is in spite of setting the AFRs on the map at the max rich setting. It is very important to not jab the throttle when going into the 2-step. SLOWLY squeeze. You will see less knock. Personally I do not think that one can be knock free in the 2-step. Fuel cut, injectors blast the chamber with fuel, repeat, etc. This is not an ideal way for the combustion process to occur. Just limit the time on the 2-step and transition your maps so that when you leave the 2-step you transition to "normal" combustion events.
You're going to occasionally see lean spikes, because the stock ECU's 2-step is a fuel cut limiter. Also, you could be having misfires on top of that, which will also show up as a lean spike. The key is to get AFR's as consistant as possible. Also, if you're using a Innovate LC-1, make sure you log AFRs with Logworks, as this will poll the sensor fast enough to register what's really happening. If you use EvoScan for ish like this, you won't be able to see what's going on, because resolution is limited for the WBo2S.

How much ignition timing are you running and are the transitions smooth? How many knock counts are you getting?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iTune
You're going to occasionally see lean spikes, because the stock ECU's 2-step is a fuel cut limiter. Also, you could be having misfires on top of that, which will also show up as a lean spike. The key is to get AFR's as consistant as possible. Also, if you're using a Innovate LC-1, make sure you log AFRs with Logworks, as this will poll the sensor fast enough to register what's really happening. If you use EvoScan for ish like this, you won't be able to see what's going on, because resolution is limited for the WBo2S.

How much ignition timing are you running and are the transitions smooth? How many knock counts are you getting?
I use the Innovate LC-1 wired into the ecu (rear 02) so I do not see the lag you are talking about. -5 timing. Smooth transitions. I have others say that they see 20:1. I do not think this is abnormal...but I could be wrong. Like I stated above the 2-step is prone to knock. Fuel cut, fuel, etc = AFRs high depending on when the sensor is reading in the cycle and knock events.

Quick Reply: launch maps