Notices
ECU Flash

new live map app

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hi guys i am getting a wacky ign reading when reading my ram with live app, the fuel map loads and reads fine

any ideas, rom is 96532706 non sd, car is 04 jdm evo 8, i have transferred all my fuel/ign maps etc, live map connects etc,

any help would be great!

Phil
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

ign table
Attached Thumbnails new live map app-ign.jpg  
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8220661-post171.html

Last edited by Dyrexion; Apr 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by philr8
hi guys i am getting a wacky ign reading when reading my ram with live app, the fuel map loads and reads fine

any ideas, rom is 96532706 non sd, car is 04 jdm evo 8, i have transferred all my fuel/ign maps etc, live map connects etc,

any help would be great!

Phil
got it sorted! I need to press ROM 2 RAM to refresh it,

Another question, doi need to manual correct my rpm and load scaling in the live map application as it reads to 500 load but my map only goes to 320 load

Cheers Phil

ps the car seems to run better with less knock than 96260009, i havent altered any thing either, maybe smoother transition due to large scaling, maybe?

Also my coolant temp isnt reading in live map tab and timing, load, rpm not working on live graphing (but are reading on the tab beside the graph), any ideas

All read fine in evoscan, is it something to do with the mut table? if so can some one give me a hand to sort it out

Last edited by philr8; Apr 20, 2010 at 03:07 AM. Reason: updated
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:08 AM
And
Evolving Member

you need to adjust the scaling in one of the option tabs, you'll see the list of values just change them to your ones,

I think for the graphing you have to select the graphing option,
for the coolant just check that you have an x in the conversions part of the table where the values are listed
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:56 AM

ok, so ive been troubleshooting for a while now to get this thing to work but i keep getting errors or crashes:
read request
cant find a path to logs

Rom2Ram: freezes program and windows 7 closes it

Ive tried picking different xml source folders, relocating files, double checking settings, its mainly the read request error im trying to figure out here. Im hoping i need the program to log so i can click rom2ram without a crash... anyone else get or know what to do with this? How do i fix or avoid these?

Also how do you know what address to set something new up in ram. For instance i want to live map injector latencies along with injector size for faster dial in with this program. MUTrequests is FFFFA000, Injector Size address is FFFFA040, while fuel is in FFFFA04D, but what determines these facts. Because i cant discern a pattern to thier locations and dont want to create conflicts.

Last edited by Dyrexion; Apr 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by And
you need to adjust the scaling in one of the option tabs, you'll see the list of values just change them to your ones,

I think for the graphing you have to select the graphing option,
for the coolant just check that you have an x in the conversions part of the table where the values are listed
Sorry I think you misunderstood me

-I have selected graphing, no items log to graph apart from TPS, I have made sure they are ticked in the options allowing logging to graph

- It doesnt matter what I put in scaling for coolant temp, the value been logged doesnt change from -40F or 0C if I make it metric

- I think i need to define what to log along with the MUT request, how do I do this?
(My coolant is request 5) I would like to add a few more parameters to log, but I dont know how to tell it which MUT to look at and what each MUT request is. Could some 1 maybe look at my rom or give me a hand on here so others can learn.
All items log fine in evoscan, so must be my MUT request for live map application

Sorry for the long spiel, but the V7 is so much smoother than my 96260009 tephra and I dont want to go back.

Cheers Phil
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phill: the axies values shown on the app is independant of the axes on the rom for fuel/ign etc tables. so i chose the ones that came with the std v7 roms, if u change them then u need to update them in the program in options tables setion.
re ur mut table, i think u typing the normal mut request id of coolant temp?? if o then its wrong. the ram mut table is indeendant and ccompletely seperate from the normal mut table. with live map if u want to log a new item u get first get the address from the nomal mut table and copy it to the ram table on a free location. then in the request id u put into the live map.

dyrexion: o is r app working or not? i have teste on winxp and win7 and not have problems, check u have latest .net. check the tatrix drivers are installed.
if u want to live edit a new table it is a little complecated, check this thread for more info. but basically need ida pro to work out the links to ur table, hopefully only one. then workout how big it is, then copy the original table to the ram block. update the pointer in the rom to ram locations. lastly update the live map app.

haha it sound harder then it is.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by ziad

dyrexion: o is r app working or not? i have teste on winxp and win7 and not have problems, check u have latest .net. check the tatrix drivers are installed.
Did all those. what xml's should be in the ecudef folder. Also whats the most typicl problem associated with "read request error"? I mean the words imply theres some code missing or misdirecting the program causing the error.
My log folder is set and my hex folder is set.
I selected the non sd xml set to default.
i selected knock trace and active cell

no other changes were made to simplify narrowing the problem
Old Apr 21, 2010, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dyrexion
Did all those. what xml's should be in the ecudef folder. Also whats the most typicl problem associated with "read request error"? I mean the words imply theres some code missing or misdirecting the program causing the error.
My log folder is set and my hex folder is set.
I selected the non sd xml set to default.
i selected knock trace and active cell

no other changes were made to simplify narrowing the problem
You went into the settings XML and changed the directory for saving logs? Make sure it is pointing to a valid folder as well. I had the same issue initially.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 05:08 PM

Yes,... i made sure the folders permissions were unlocked.
I kept getting the unable to find path error.
Once i got around that i only get the read request error.
resetDEAD works
Rom2Ram almost always freezes the program

Last edited by Dyrexion; Apr 21, 2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

u need to fix these issues before we can do anything else though.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:39 PM

thats what ive been asking, what causes the read request error
Old May 24, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Ziad when your app support OP 2.0?

Thank you for your great work!
Old May 24, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

OP2 support is on the backburner atleast 3-6months maybe even more. currently i have started working on updating this version after a long break.

Quick Reply: new live map app