Notices
ECU Flash

new live map app

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
The RAM data is copied from the ALT MAPs by default? Or is that what happens when I click the ROM2RAM button?

I need to switch to alt maps to make fuel and timing changes.

Now I want to make a fuel change. I click the read from RAM button on the fuel tab and it imports the RAM information into the tables. I make the changes in the table. I then click the write to RAM button and the fuel changes take affect.

From there, I tune the car in the live map application. Are the actual Altmaps written over with the new values? Or are these changes only in effect in RAM? If only in effect in RAM, how do I make them permanent? How do these changes affect the ROM file that was loaded up?
Everything in the altmaps section is copied to RAM. You don't have to do anything for that to happen. Any table that is in the alt maps space and has it's table pointer set to the RAM location is ran from and tuned from RAM.

Correct on tuning your fuel.

The realtime changes you are making are just to the RAM maps, just as in DSMLink, for example. The changes will be permanent in RAM for as long as you keep battery power to the ECU. If you want it permanently flashed to your ROM, then you copy your tuned RAM tables into the ROM tables and flash. So basically, you can tune a million times until you are happy, then flash once. Or just run from you RAM maps and never disconnect your battery.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Thank you, makes sense.

Still trying to figure out what for and when to use the ROM2RAM and Reset Dead buttons?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ROM2RAM: copies the 2k data block from a ecuflash hex file (ALT MAP Space) to the ram... i generally use it to copy the whole contents across. ok i have two files... one is the main flash file it has changes made to it that change non alt map stuff... like say idle settings, rev limit. which i call base rom.... then the changes i made to the alt maps i copy to secondry roms.... this way i have a copy of all the major steps.... no once i am happy with a current tune or change some table that is not in rom i create a new base rom. then just change the alt maps on secondry roms
Old Feb 6, 2010, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

also, say if u wanted to make many changes... like u r changing some bits of the timing map, fuel, wgdc... it might be easier to save them to the ecuflash hex file and just load it from there.

this was more of a problem when we had to edit each cell one by one... i found it easier to make changes in ecuflash and just load them.. but now that u can just select cells and hit + or - or = and make big changes its not that important.

DEAD: on some ecus usually pre Evo9, ecuflash does not clear all ram contents. this can sometimes mean that the code does not know that new ROM maps have been written that might be different than whats in the ram... clicking on DEAD will reset and cause the ECU to copy rom tables to RAM.
again a problem in my car... where because the logging mut table was in ram, after a reflash the car wont start as its got gibberish for timing and fuel tables as well as the ram mut table would be gibberish and hence livemap wont start. clicking the DEAD button would cause the ecu to reload data.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 04:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
good job dude!

u comp test your motor yet?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

on a cold engine... 160,170,170,170..... i already told the bad news to the bearded man. looks like he has some thinking to do. as the minimum is supposed to be 140, and 163 being the sign of a good motor. and 14the max variance between the cylinders.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 07:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ziad
on a cold engine... 160,170,170,170..... i already told the bad news to the bearded man. looks like he has some thinking to do. as the minimum is supposed to be 140, and 163 being the sign of a good motor. and 14the max variance between the cylinders.
those numbers are good cold. did the one that had 160 read that different consistently?

i just tried to log with the live map and it was giving me a error to connect, does the car have to running for it to start working? it kept erroring like it couldnt find the port. evoscan works right away tho. i flashed my ecu to one of the dma roms in tephra v7 thread and it just timed out.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

so u got the livemap non sd version of 9653. as long as the car ignition is on ON. it will work... do u have two FTDI devices connected?? sometimes i did notice that ecuflash 1.42 doesnt giveup the cable after a reflash (saying that it hasnt done it for ages now). on the bottom of the window what status messages come up. does it say DMA then some error message. or does it say request not read.

the common error messages are:
Unable To Open Port
Init failed
Request Read Error
Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:13 AM
Former Sponsor

so u got the livemap non sd version of 9653. as long as the car ignition is on ON. it will work... do u have two FTDI devices connected?? sometimes i did notice that ecuflash 1.42 doesnt giveup the cable after a reflash (saying that it hasnt done it for ages now). on the bottom of the window what status messages come up. does it say DMA then some error message. or does it say request not read.

the common error messages are:
Unable To Open Port
Init failed
Request Read Error
Request Read Error

no i just had one connected. i flashed to the livemap 9653 than turn ign off/on than opened prog and i got the error everytime.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

have u tried a ecu reset (or unplug the ecu)? or tried clicking on reset DEAD try that.

try the DEAD.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Had a quick download of your latest ziad, and it is well organised, impressive!
Old Feb 7, 2010, 12:44 PM
Former Sponsor

have u tried a ecu reset (or unplug the ecu)? or tried clicking on reset DEAD try that.

try the DEAD.
tried all of that, it kept giving the same error. does the app only read a specific com port or something?

actually i didn't disconnect the negative from battery and let the memory reset itself, i bet thats what it is.. the memory still had
info from the old rom still in it you think? ill try that and also try switching to diff com / usb ports. its weird tho why is evoscan
user friendly and connects no matter what? your prog has to read a certain set of bytes in the memory to activate or something?

Last edited by tscompusa2; Feb 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

hmm have u tried the app that came with the rom itself... if that doesnt work then u have some problem that i have no idea how to fix...... unless u put the wrong rom on the car.

the reason evoscan works is cuz it uses basic MUT protocol that is standard built into by mitsubishi. DMA/Livemap is something that was added into the ecu as additional. u can think of like evos run fine on normal petrol.... but without conversion dont work with e85. evoscan is like petrol and livemap is like E85

and thanks for the nice comments John... it wont have been possible without you for sure

Last edited by ziad; Feb 7, 2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

wow just noticed that ppl have accessed the download page 45 times... so i assume its 45 downloads... didnt think there were this many people interested.... only one unhappy person so far.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor

hmm have u tried the app that came with the rom itself... if that doesnt work then u have some problem that i have no idea how to fix...... unless u put the wrong rom on the car.

the reason evoscan works is cuz it uses basic MUT protocol that is standard built into by mitsubishi. DMA/Livemap is something that was added into the ecu as additional. u can think of like evos run fine on normal petrol.... but without conversion dont work with e85. evoscan is like petrol and livemap is like E85

and thanks for the nice comments John... it wont have been possible without you for sure
i just now noticed the file Evo Live Map-v7final-bigmap im sure it will work after that, and also i was in a hurry when i was doing it cause i was in shorts and the garage was 25F.

Quick Reply: new live map app