Notices
ECU Flash

new live map app

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with the SD roms... in stock format we at at the limit of what can be fitted.. due to the big size of timing and fuel maps. maybe one extra table can fit.

the non sd rom have plenty of space.

there is a workaround that and i am using it successfully, where i increase the block size from 2048 to 2112bytes ... well it was done to increase my RAM mut table. it does involve moving the SD tables around their pointers in code. so its not too easy to do.. best would be to post up the rom on the V7 thread instead of the ones currently there.

black2kgsr... i think this app with the default definations will 100% work with the phenem roms in the V7 thread. fuel map tracing is also something i want to do... but its been put on the back burner to ensure there was a stable version that i could put out.. i do intend to do.. plus the auto smoothing only works with the timing maps as u can see there is a fuel button to.

yes u need .net 3.5 for it to work, as well as the FTDI drivers, which u should have from installing ecuflash.

If someone could do the 8859 rom that would be lovely... i tried and failed.. i suppose i am better at windows apps than assembly

p.s i have started writing up a doco... but i think i need to get photoshop to make pretty pics.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
So something that was throwing me off a bit was the comment about needing to use the alt maps.

I am not using alt maps, but changing the MAP VE table in livemap responds as expected. I read in from the RAM, I change the value, and then write to RAM and the AFR changes as expected.

However, if I change something in the fuel tab, it does nothing.

Is the map ve and rpm ve tables in RAM active regardless of which map is being used (alt map or main map)?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ziad
If someone could do the 8859 rom that would be lovely... i tried and failed.. i suppose i am better at windows apps than assembly
Old Feb 5, 2010, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been using the 95630006 rom before with a different livemap version (on my evo8). I never had to do any DEAD value setting. Is the Big Maps rom different and it requires this? They're from the same rom family so I thought it wouldn't
Old Feb 5, 2010, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Couldn't have said all of that better myself

-the 0xDEAD must be reset as part of a bug to force the map copy if I remember correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There are some good details in one of the other threads.
-There are definitely fuel and timing maps, but they might just be harder to display in screenshots since they are so large.
Wierd thing is I have an e7 ecu and have never once had to reset DEAD value?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
So something that was throwing me off a bit was the comment about needing to use the alt maps.

I am not using alt maps, but changing the MAP VE table in livemap responds as expected. I read in from the RAM, I change the value, and then write to RAM and the AFR changes as expected.

However, if I change something in the fuel tab, it does nothing.

Is the map ve and rpm ve tables in RAM active regardless of which map is being used (alt map or main map)?
Any table in RAM is active. The altmaps, by default are copied to RAM with the DMA/LiveMap patch.

Look at the pointer for your map VE and RPM VE...if they are responding, then that pointer is pointing to the RAM address where they are copied. Then those tables will also appear in the 'alt maps space'.

Since you aren't using alt maps, your fuel and timing won't respond to anything, since only the altmaps fuel and timing are in RAM and not the main maps.

Hope that explains what you were asking.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've never had to reset the DEAD variable either in my 8. I do remember sometimes right after a flash that if I read the RAM tables, they were screwy...until I restarted the car again, then back to normal.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wow this is like dsmlink but more powerful.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

hmm well my rom is strange then. also could be that ur dead is located in an area of memory which is overwritten when flashing... i have to... plus FFFF-A000 is reset on power off so i cant use it as my dead variable.

P.S: Glad u guys like it i have been working on it for a few months now
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:44 AM
Former Sponsor

what language is this app written in? it wont open in windows 7.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 01:45 AM
Evolved Member

it needs .net... i am using W7 and XP and works fine. make sure u have .net 3.5 installed... does it come up with any error messages??
Old Feb 6, 2010, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Sweet update, Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Ok, still to clarify just so I get fully what the hell is going on so I don't blow up a motor from a simple misunderstanding. I got it to change AFRs, but honestly, I don't know if they step I took were right. I read a bunch in other threads, but most was related to the original JCSBanks had released. So, starting fresh and let's build an idiots guide. The application from the link above and then the ROM in the V7 thread MOSTLY work out of the box. There are two errors in the MUT Request portion of the livemap application.

I flash the ECU with 96533706 using ECUFlash.

I connect with Livemap by selecting the ROM file I just loaded and then clicking start. This activates the program and starts logging all the variables I have "log to disk" checked.

The RAM data is copied from the ALT MAPs by default? Or is that what happens when I click the ROM2RAM button?

I need to switch to alt maps to make fuel and timing changes.

Now I want to make a fuel change. I click the read from RAM button on the fuel tab and it imports the RAM information into the tables. I make the changes in the table. I then click the write to RAM button and the fuel changes take affect.

From there, I tune the car in the live map application. Are the actual Altmaps written over with the new values? Or are these changes only in effect in RAM? If only in effect in RAM, how do I make them permanent? How do these changes affect the ROM file that was loaded up?

Sorry for all the questions. There is just a couple things that aren't real obvious and the information out there is sparse, hard to find, and inconsistent due to a couple different revisions of this software being available.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ziad
it needs .net... i am using W7 and XP and works fine. make sure u have .net 3.5 installed... does it come up with any error messages??
i remember i disabled the one that came with w7 so i could run a older app with a older .net, ill check control panel in a bit and see if that fixes it. it wouldn't even open, it just went straight to the "windows is trying to find the error blah blah"

-- that was it. i had to re-enable the feature on w7 for the 3.5 and it worked. this looks pretty sweet. cant wait to try it on my car. I was a huge fan of dsmlink and was decent tuning it, this is very similar in a way.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Feb 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:40 PM
Former Sponsor

i noticed in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUP45LRix3w when he stops the chart and cursors over a section there is no labelbox or display box showing the points of data that is being selected in the chart.. does it not show the values you put the cursor to in the chart? if not this wouldn't be very good for tuning... or does it?

actually heres a better example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXjbu2v1AMU

see how he views the specific area on the chart? can you make it so if you just click the chart it brings up a huge cursor | and as you move that cursor around the chart logging it realtime changes the values in the labelboxes on the right like dsmlink does? can that be done?

edit: it looks like it already is done with the feature called "show point values on right click"

Last edited by tscompusa2; Feb 6, 2010 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: new live map app