ECU Flash

Official / Injector Scaling and Latency Forum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark1si
Any info for ID1700 for 93?
You can find it on Injector Dynamic's website. This should give you a good start to begin dialing in your scaling and latencies.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by forskin fred
Latencies are NOT a fixed number
There's an opening delay, there's also a closing delay, it's the difference between the two.

There's 3 things that affect latency.
Nobody seems to mention them, no doubt because they don't actually understand.

1/ is the injector its self.
2/ is the circuitry used to drive the injector.
3/ is the fuel pressure.
The numbers are ALWAYS wrong. Fuel pressure makes a big difference.

No 1 is easy, you just google it.
No 2, well if google says that the results come from a Motec and you're using a Mitsubishi computer, the numbers won't be the same.
No 3 is what nobody mentions....There should be always EXACTLY 3 bar pressure across the injector.

You go fit a bigger pump, hotwire it, your idle fuel pressure is always too high (outflowing the regulator) so not only does it run too rich at low load (fuel trims pegged out) but the pressure varies with electrical load (voltage).....but you don't know because either you don't measure the pressure or if you do........you try to convince yourself that it's correct when it's NOT.
Most Evo owners do not need to concern themselves with your 3 listed items as long as they have their latencies dialed in. Thanks for sharing. It's good info but not necessary. Besides, it's been mentioned years before you and I came on board on this forum. Do a search and please stop trolling threads.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I am trying to tune Fic 2150s on 2d SD. 90556701
I used JB's latencies and scaling.

Min IPW = 1.104

Car fires up and idles around 17-16 AFR.
After a few seconds closed loop kicks in and car starts idling around 14.7 -15.

The problem is my STFT is varying between 18-24 ..

How can i make STFT close to + - 10 ? Do i have to increase Map volts to kpa and kpa to load around
idle and cruising loads ?

Please advise.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scaling for the fic 1550cc on pump 93 please

Originally Posted by tscompusa
FIC Bluemax 1550cc

Scaling: 943 (E85) (2.0L)

latencies:

I been trying to find the scalings for fic 1550cc on pump 93 can you please post then and thank you
Old Mar 9, 2017, 01:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Add 30% to that scaling number for 93oct. We spoke on facebook
Old Mar 20, 2017, 08:43 PM

im trying to find the latency and scalings settings for my delphi 1260cc injectors on 91 octane and on e54. thank you
Old May 20, 2017, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
Add 30% to that scaling number for 93oct. We spoke on facebook
Sent you a PM. I need help with scale and latency for ID1700 for E85. Thanks.
Old May 21, 2017, 01:43 PM

Added cams and injectors now won't idle :(

Hi all, I have been looking at the values and read a little on fuel trims but for some reason I'm lost, I dunno, maybe it's my age or something

I have bought S2 cams, 1000cc injectors and a new turbocharger (G07R I think or something similar) I came to turn the engine over and it refuses to fire up. I don't know if the injectors are throwing in too much fuel or too little, I have evoscan and ECUFlash, to which I have already downloaded the maps and altered the scaling, my setting won't go any higher than 790 which is weird as I see higher values are used here? According to a small data sheet no larger than a post-it note, says that I should set the scaling to 636. I'm only guessing here but could it be the ignition timing because of the cams that's stopping the engine firing up? I managed to get it running but the idle was all over the damn place, up, down and finally it choked and died. The AFR is all over too once the engine warms up, that is of course if I keep my foot on the pedal until it warms up! Once it's warm I take my foot off the pedal and it goes down and down until it stops. This is very frustrating indeed as all I want to do is get it running properly so I can take it to the MOT test centre asap! I altered the low and high octane fuel maps based on R3compiles pdf on tuning the Evo. The maps were taken from a car that had S2 cams and 1000cc injectors, I just followed the print out's in the pdf to set the fuel and ignition maps. If there's anyone who lives near Rotherham I would be very grateful for any help as I am lost at the moment as to where to begin. I'm an old mechanic when things were much easier to work on
Old May 26, 2017, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by MRGreddy
Hi all, I have been looking at the values and read a little on fuel trims but for some reason I'm lost, I dunno, maybe it's my age or something

I have bought S2 cams, 1000cc injectors and a new turbocharger (G07R I think or something similar) I came to turn the engine over and it refuses to fire up. I don't know if the injectors are throwing in too much fuel or too little, I have evoscan and ECUFlash, to which I have already downloaded the maps and altered the scaling, my setting won't go any higher than 790 which is weird as I see higher values are used here? According to a small data sheet no larger than a post-it note, says that I should set the scaling to 636. I'm only guessing here but could it be the ignition timing because of the cams that's stopping the engine firing up? I managed to get it running but the idle was all over the damn place, up, down and finally it choked and died. The AFR is all over too once the engine warms up, that is of course if I keep my foot on the pedal until it warms up! Once it's warm I take my foot off the pedal and it goes down and down until it stops. This is very frustrating indeed as all I want to do is get it running properly so I can take it to the MOT test centre asap! I altered the low and high octane fuel maps based on R3compiles pdf on tuning the Evo. The maps were taken from a car that had S2 cams and 1000cc injectors, I just followed the print out's in the pdf to set the fuel and ignition maps. If there's anyone who lives near Rotherham I would be very grateful for any help as I am lost at the moment as to where to begin. I'm an old mechanic when things were much easier to work on
Did you use your previous working rom or did you flash something else causing you to have a immobilizer code which is not letting you crank over?
Old May 27, 2017, 08:40 AM

Engine running but no power

I've re-flashed the ECU a few times with different settings for the pulse widths and scaling, it's hard without a datasheet on Bosch High Impedance injectors 1000cc. I have the scaling at 636 atm and it runs, but there is no power when I try to rev the engine, it just dies to the point of stalling if I keep my foot on the gas pedal
Old Jun 8, 2017, 05:47 AM

Hello,

For the new ID1050x you have scaling & latencies?

thanks
Old Jul 2, 2017, 09:41 AM

Fic 1800 bluemax

Anyone running 1800cc bluemax? I just installed them with a walbro 450 and it doesn't want to start with the latencies that came with it.
I have fuel pressure at the rail and for a min it did start but one injector wasn't firing. They're brand new from atm. I'll attach,the sheet I got with them but they only list 5 voltage settings but ecuflash has 7.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Use min ipw patch. Start from 1.072 and then play with 14v latency to make it idle.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by mines5
Use min ipw patch. Start from 1.072 and then play with 14v latency to make it idle.
can u explain ? I tried changing the 14v part a bit with no luck and tried different scalings also
Old Sep 7, 2017, 03:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
id1050 should be added

Quick Reply: Official / Injector Scaling and Latency Forum