Notices
ECU Flash

Official / Injector Scaling and Latency Forum

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this scaling and playing with latencies, is it not possible to let the stock ecu behave like a stand alone, just put in deadtimes supplied from the injector manufacturer and map the car without having to play with short mid long term fuel trim BS. Can you turn off the fuel trim?

Last edited by Dragracer187; Dec 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dragracer187
All this scaling and playing with latencies, is it not possible to let the stock ecu behave like a stand alone, just put in deadtimes supplied from the injector manufacturer and map the car without having to play with short mid long term fuel trim BS. Can you turn off the fuel trim?
This is a quote on this guy, and the previous one. If you want the car in open loop all the time, you can set the open loop threshold to 10. Then, depending on injector scaling and battery comp, you won't have odd things like the 02 sensor adjusting, so you'll see exactly what the values are compared to the AFR map.

While I don't care about matching the maps up, this would probably make it easier to do. Also, if you're always open loop, then your fuel trims really don't do anything, so I guess just take that info with caution.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

I'm looking for scaling for PTE 1600's to run on E85. Anyone have a good starting point????
Thank you
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi, I really need help to scale my injectors, they are Denso 690cc, I need the scaling and latency, please help
Old Jan 27, 2011, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jonmorera
Hi, I really need help to scale my injectors, they are Denso 690cc, I need the scaling and latency, please help
E85 or 91?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

I have a question about my latency values and the FT values I'm seeing.

First a little about my FT readings: Running RC1000 scaled @ 812

Currently I'm getting STFT/LTFT that look like this:

Low FT: 2.34
Mid FT: -2.43

after a couple cycles they look like this:

low FT: -3.26
Mid FT: -.09

and after more cycles is looks like this again:

low FT: 4.24
Mid FT: -3.35

that's pretty much how my trims swing... every few cycles they'll zero either the Low or Mid trims out and in a few more cycles they'll be back in the 3-4 range and do it all over again. According to the info I've read on here, as long as you're with in +/- 5% you're good, so am I safe to assume my trims are OK?

the next question I have is about my latency values. I used Merlins tuning guide (thank you Merlin agian for that awesome guide) and smoothed out the latency values before and after the 14v setting so I have a nice smooth curve. But I just noticed the other day that the 14v latency setting is .43x something, which is VERY close to the stock injector latency settings! Looking again at Merlins guide, I see suggested values for the RC1000 injectors I'm running @ anywhere between .6xx - .8xx for 14v with scalings between my 812 setting and 900 something. How bad is it that my latency values are .43x w/812 scaling while it seems like everyeone else using these same injectors but with a much higher latency value in the .6xx - .8xx range with more or less the same scaling?

What I have in my car seems to work, but that doesn't always mean its correct. I mean, the car is running as good as it ever has when it was bone stock and better than it ever has since its been modded. I don't get any wild AF swings and the car doesn't stall or buck or anything. Everything feels uber smooth. I just don't want to start tuning my open loop/WOT stuff only to have to adjust my latency values and need to retune everything.

I can post my actual INJ latency values if it would help... I just don't have them with me ATM. Any input would be appreicated. Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Your trims are fine... they are ment to change, that is what they do... set it up monitor them for a week, if they look good set it and forget it, or you will drive yourself crazy!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

I realize the nature of trims and that they will change. they've been like that for about a few weeks now.

my real concern is the latency value of .4xx for my RC1000 injectors.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone have scaling/latencies for Deatchwerks 1600cc injectors? I'm trying to help a local guy out that needs to get emissions tested and go back on stock ECU from AEM setup. He's currently on pump 93 which should make things interesting, not even sure these things will idle on stock ECU. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions; only other option I told him we could do is to swap back to stock injectors for emissions/ODB-II scan.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:04 PM
W2J
Evolving Member

looking for some PTE 1200 on pump gas please.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by W2J
looking for some PTE 1200 on pump gas please.
It's on the first page.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

sorry for the noob question..when logging STFT and LTFT which graphing option are you guys using to view your logs? the visual graph or explorer
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
I have a question about my latency values and the FT values I'm seeing.

First a little about my FT readings: Running RC1000 scaled @ 812

Currently I'm getting STFT/LTFT that look like this:

Low FT: 2.34
Mid FT: -2.43

after a couple cycles they look like this:

low FT: -3.26
Mid FT: -.09

and after more cycles is looks like this again:

low FT: 4.24
Mid FT: -3.35

that's pretty much how my trims swing... every few cycles they'll zero either the Low or Mid trims out and in a few more cycles they'll be back in the 3-4 range and do it all over again. According to the info I've read on here, as long as you're with in +/- 5% you're good, so am I safe to assume my trims are OK?

the next question I have is about my latency values. I used Merlins tuning guide (thank you Merlin agian for that awesome guide) and smoothed out the latency values before and after the 14v setting so I have a nice smooth curve. But I just noticed the other day that the 14v latency setting is .43x something, which is VERY close to the stock injector latency settings! Looking again at Merlins guide, I see suggested values for the RC1000 injectors I'm running @ anywhere between .6xx - .8xx for 14v with scalings between my 812 setting and 900 something. How bad is it that my latency values are .43x w/812 scaling while it seems like everyeone else using these same injectors but with a much higher latency value in the .6xx - .8xx range with more or less the same scaling?

What I have in my car seems to work, but that doesn't always mean its correct. I mean, the car is running as good as it ever has when it was bone stock and better than it ever has since its been modded. I don't get any wild AF swings and the car doesn't stall or buck or anything. Everything feels uber smooth. I just don't want to start tuning my open loop/WOT stuff only to have to adjust my latency values and need to retune everything.

I can post my actual INJ latency values if it would help... I just don't have them with me ATM. Any input would be appreicated. Thanks!
trims arent bad... we would need to see what your latencies are, they sound low. But from lookin at your trims, I would increase scaling to(835), and increase latencies a bit.
on pump (91), I was using a scaling of 835 and higher latency.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

I recently tuned an evo that switched from 880's on pump to RC1000's on e85. I used the numbers below as a starting point and by the time I was close my scaling went from 609 to 860 and I still have a little more to go.

Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
PHP Code:
RC 1000s

E85 scaling 609

All the other e85 scalings are significantly lower than the actual injector cc so my questions is if Im doing something wrong? and where I should start to fix it? I havent even touched latencies yet after putting in the ones along with the scaling. Should I force open loop and see if something else is going on? Ive switched cars to e85 before and never had such high scalings. After getting it close (-5-6%) I started tuning boost areas and my table is at 8.7-8.8 in those areas and its not getting much leaner than 13.1.

Any suggestions will be helpful. Ill post the rom if needed. Also after having the scaling so trims were -5%, he wanted to VTA with a Tial and now my idle trims are -25 and my wideband reads around 12:1. Never had that happen before either.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Is the Tial opening and closing at idle and is the idle surging? This was happening on a buddies car as I suspect it had the wrong spring in the Tial... swapped BOV to a Synapse and problem went away...

Quick Reply: Official / Injector Scaling and Latency Forum