Notices
ECU Flash

**Need Help setting up V7???** Here is your answer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Well I switched over to V7 tonight. Overall painless process.

EVO 9 - GM3PORT

1. I have a 2k rpm cold start that I never had before.
2. Very low idle when warm - lower than before
3. WGDC didn't follow along correctly or all the extra features are affecting the setting. Overall boost was lower with the new version.
4. Also not sure what to check to have an alt map via gas pedal sort of like valet on the previous versions.
1. People have had that problem. Read here. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-searched.html

2. Usually when switching to 9653 from a usdm EVO 8 ROM, some people have to adjust their idle using evoscan and adjusting the BISS. search around, you'll find the procedure.

3. Dont know, but with there being a lot of feature and gear based boost control, its just probably something you have over looked, or have "tuned" yet.

4. In the "tephra Mod opitions" table, the third thing down "Enable alt maps master ADCOF=1, AutoICS = 2, TPS = 3"

That means put a "3" in for the value for that opition to enable using the throttle to switch alt maps.

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Nov 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: add link
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alicea8541
I am getting my ROM ready for PSI boost control. On the Global Boost Control, MUT8A and MUT8B show load and psi but don't include the hex code I need. Just has the 0x for both. The default is
MUT8A=DB6A
MUT8B=DA6B
Are these correct for setting up in PSI.
What ROM?
Old Nov 13, 2009, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo_kid
what rom?
Old Nov 13, 2009, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alicea8541
For 88590715

MUT8A will read 6ACD (stock). Change it to 6EE3 (enter it as 0x....) for psi boost control.

MUT8B will read 6B41 (stock). Change it to 6EE9 (enter it as 0x....) for psi boost control.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
For 88590715

MUT8A will read 6ACD (stock). Change it to 6EE3 (enter it as 0x....) for psi boost control.

MUT8B will read 6B41 (stock). Change it to 6EE9 (enter it as 0x....) for psi boost control.
thanks
Old Nov 14, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

While we're on the topic. I'm having trouble with my boost control settings as well.

Yesterday I installed a #60 pill in the vacuum line between the tee and the wastegate. This should result in a significant pressure drop through that line. I set my wastegate duty cycle to 25 and my desired boost to 20 and went for a drive. Boost spiked to exactly 20psi and tapered down to about 16.

Then I tried to change the settings. No matter what desired boost (psi) I set it always spikes to exactly 20. I've tried lowering the wastegate duty cycle to 0 and raising it all the way to 100, but still get 20psi.

I've logged the WGDC (mut86) and it exactly tracks what I have in the duty cycle table. This doesn't seem to affect boost though.

Overview of configuration:

2004 evo, stock turbo, vishnu-style bleeder near the boost solenoid, #60 pill in the lower wastegate hose, 96530706.

Variable for Boost control = 0x8932
SHLR->SHLL for EBC = 0x4a00
boost error ram address = 0x8d1a
boost error ram address in load error table = 0x8d1a
MUT8A = 0x8d1b
MUT8B = 0x8d21

Is there something I have forgotten to do?

d
Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can i use the v7 patch if currently i have the 96530006 on my car? sorry for the curious question...
Old Nov 14, 2009, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is live mapping still only for the alt maps as per jscbanks original thread? If it is, then is there a softswitch in v7 to activate altmaps or do I still need harness/switch? thanks
Old Nov 14, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just as a follow up.... I was able to dial in my V7 tune today. For the record... after disconnecting the battery the cold start issue I was having went away. Car starts perfect every time now. It also drives tons better when cold now that the ign retard is a thing of the past. I even tossed in the rear 02 removal hack and that worked like a champ.

Good stuff!
Old Nov 14, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donour
While we're on the topic. I'm having trouble with my boost control settings as well.

Yesterday I installed a #60 pill in the vacuum line between the tee and the wastegate. This should result in a significant pressure drop through that line. I set my wastegate duty cycle to 25 and my desired boost to 20 and went for a drive. Boost spiked to exactly 20psi and tapered down to about 16.

Then I tried to change the settings. No matter what desired boost (psi) I set it always spikes to exactly 20. I've tried lowering the wastegate duty cycle to 0 and raising it all the way to 100, but still get 20psi.

I've logged the WGDC (mut86) and it exactly tracks what I have in the duty cycle table. This doesn't seem to affect boost though.

Overview of configuration:

2004 evo, stock turbo, vishnu-style bleeder near the boost solenoid, #60 pill in the lower wastegate hose, 96530706.

Variable for Boost control = 0x8932
SHLR->SHLL for EBC = 0x4a00
boost error ram address = 0x8d1a
boost error ram address in load error table = 0x8d1a
MUT8A = 0x8d1b
MUT8B = 0x8d21

Is there something I have forgotten to do?

d
Well, first off. the boost pill goes in the vacuum line between the TEE and the TURBO, not the vacuum line between the tee and the wastegate.

Also I would ditch the vishnu style bleeder near the solenoid.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Well, first off. the boost pill goes in the vacuum line between the TEE and the TURBO, not the vacuum line between the tee and the wastegate.
D'oh! I meant between the tee and the turbo. The line between the tee and wastegate is empty.

Also I would ditch the vishnu style bleeder near the solenoid.
I have tried that, but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. I don't understand why the boost isn't spiking more. Even though I'm running the plastic DV, I wouldn't think it would leak that much air that quickly.

Likewise I checked for boost leaks. I didn't find any. I would think that a leak would have to be gigantic to keep the boost from spiking.

d
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

D'oh! I meant between the tee and the turbo. The line between the tee and wastegate is empty.

I have tried that, but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. I don't understand why the boost isn't spiking more. Even though I'm running the plastic DV, I wouldn't think it would leak that much air that quickly.

Likewise I checked for boost leaks. I didn't find any. I would think that a leak would have to be gigantic to keep the boost from spiking.

d
A couple things.

First, your #60 pill, did you make it or did you buy it? If you made it, did you make it in a garage or in a machine shop?

Next, when setting up boost, you should zero out the right side of the boost error correction table. Then set your boost using wastegate duty, then reintroduce the error correction.

Also, like I said before, I would ditch the vishnu bleeder thing. Its just gonna make it harder to tune boost.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

A couple things.

First, your #60 pill, did you make it or did you buy it? If you made it, did you make it in a garage or in a machine shop?
I made it with a mill, not a hand drill. It's not perfectly centered, but it's pretty close.

I may try to put in a manual boost controller to make sure there isn't any else wrong with the car (broken DV, faculty bcs, etc.)

d
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I made it with a mill, not a hand drill. It's not perfectly centered, but it's pretty close.

I may try to put in a manual boost controller to make sure there isn't any else wrong with the car (broken DV, faculty bcs, etc.)

d
You can put a vac pump to the top DV nipple to insure it's not leaking.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
You can put a vac pump to the top DV nipple to insure it's not leaking.
Good idea.

However, none of this really gets to my initial question. Did I forget to do something? Setting wgdc+boost target to 0 and 100/25 gives the same result. 20 psi of boost.

Actually, tonight quite cold and boost was up a little -- not much, just a tiny bit.

*shrug*

d

Quick Reply: **Need Help setting up V7???** Here is your answer