Notices
ECU Flash

FIC 2150cc notes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
you should note what fuel and liter so others know. thats 93oct and 2.4L right?

also mine is e85 2.3L and what put my trims within -3% were 1329 for anyone else that reads this thread
No that was my scaling from the 2.0L, I haven't run E85 with this set up yet...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bringing this one back to the top for some possible suggestions. I just installed these injectors after putting my car back together and they start and idle fine. My issue is that I'm unable to get my idle to lean out higher than low 12's. I have my car setup to be in open loop at all times and is on a V7 SD rom. I've tried scalings ranging from 1329 to 1720, reduced load/kpa for idle areas, reduced rpm/ve with little change. I was testing out the latest 3D SD rom and went back to 2D with no change. Any other ideas what could be going on here? I've also got a resistor bypass installed.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Minimum IPW needs set differently on the VIII, the IX is naturally lower. See this-

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ht=minimum+IPW
Old Apr 7, 2011, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Minimum IPW needs set differently on the VIII, the IX is naturally lower. See this-

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ht=minimum+IPW
Thanks I'll give it a try, I thought that patch was really only needed for pumpgas cars. Mine is strictly E85 if that matters.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 08:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
if you're on e85 you can up the RPM and get by without touching the min IPW.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

if you're on e85 you can up the RPM and get by without touching the min IPW.
I have the idle at 1200rpm currently and don't want it to be much higher, I'm going to decrease the IPW minimum later today to see if it helps.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Creamo3
I have the idle at 1200rpm currently and don't want it to be much higher, I'm going to decrease the IPW minimum later today to see if it helps.
Dropping the min IPW will bring your idle afr back up to where it should be. I did the min ipw table mod on mine as it wouldn't go leaner than 12.2 or so at idle. I am at 1.112ms.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:23 PM
Former Sponsor

ya just lower ipw then.. 1200rpm is where mine let me break past 12.5 afr.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Just wanted to report that I lowered my IPW to 1.136 and it brought the idle afr back inline, it's now hovering right around mid 14's. I've got to play w/ the global scaling so that the rest of the fuel map falls back inline. The nice thing about SD is that you can manipulate the rpm/ve and kpa/load to have the car respond how you like. My goal is to get the hi octane fuel map as close to actual wideband afr as possible. I tried 1329 but that seemed to go pretty lean as I revved when stationary and then lowered to 1218 and seemed to be a little better. I will say that these injectors start up much easier and idle nicer than my FIC 1450's @ 55 psi base fuel pressure and that is with stock ROM settings. Before I had to modify a bunch of tables just to get the car to start in cold weather. I'm hoping to be able to get the rest of the map dialed in tomorrow (cruise and boost). I may get adventurous and eventually try pump 93 for the first time in years
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Just wanted to report that I lowered my IPW to 1.136 and it brought the idle afr back inline, it's now hovering right around mid 14's. I've got to play w/ the global scaling so that the rest of the fuel map falls back inline. The nice thing about SD is that you can manipulate the rpm/ve and kpa/load to have the car respond how you like. My goal is to get the hi octane fuel map as close to actual wideband afr as possible. I tried 1329 but that seemed to go pretty lean as I revved when stationary and then lowered to 1218 and seemed to be a little better. I will say that these injectors start up much easier and idle nicer than my FIC 1450's @ 55 psi base fuel pressure and that is with stock ROM settings. Before I had to modify a bunch of tables just to get the car to start in cold weather. I'm hoping to be able to get the rest of the map dialed in tomorrow (cruise and boost). I may get adventurous and eventually try pump 93 for the first time in years
lol. im putting mine on SD soon here. waiting for the weather to get alittle warmer and ill pull my car out of its hibernation. ya the 2150 are badass man.

I am still on maf but thats how i have my car setup, so the fuel map values are actual afr values being logged. so much easier to tune that way imo.

you should do the 93oct just for a alt map anyways for long cruising. the e85 will dilute the oil on long cruises and cause it to burn off a bit i noticed.

what new power numbers are you hunting for?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

lol. im putting mine on SD soon here. waiting for the weather to get alittle warmer and ill pull my car out of its hibernation. ya the 2150 are badass man.

I am still on maf but thats how i have my car setup, so the fuel map values are actual afr values being logged. so much easier to tune that way imo.

you should do the 93oct just for a alt map anyways for long cruising. the e85 will dilute the oil on long cruises and cause it to burn off a bit i noticed.

what new power numbers are you hunting for?
Agreed on easier to tune when the fuel map is close to actual. Not sure how much more the 3582 has left in it, I would be happy w/ 650whp on the local MD. I've added S3's, Boomba 75mm TB, Garret 4.5" FMIC, JUN B.L catback, and Grimspeed 3-port since my last dyno. The funny thing is the S3's seem to idle better than the S2's
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:29 PM
Former Sponsor

nice i think you'll hit your goal. the 3582 makes nice power. i am finishing one up that made really good numbers even on **** 91oct lol. if you want ill show you the graph in pm.. dont want to share it yet in public.

ya the s3 idle good. same as kelfords when idling around 1100rpm area. i need to change cams on my car even the gsc s2 kill the kelfords these days. im adding 3 port also to my car..

sounds like you have a nice setup going on there.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

I think you will like SD once you get the hang of tuning it, Tom.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
I think you will like SD once you get the hang of tuning it, Tom.
I did 4 cars remote on it so far. I learned how to do it remotely as funny as that sounds. Its the last thing i thought id be able to do remote, but its really not that hard.

I'm gonna run my car all out on maf then put on SD and do a comparison.. theres to many sd vs maf comparisons that are done on low boost.. high boost is where it shines, so i hope to show a before and after to show people how well it works. if it doesn't gain i will be really pissed off.

but i was debating what to do as far as intake pipe.. wouldnt it be best to just put a filter directly on the turbo inlet? or a turbo screen.. or do you think it will heatsoak with the engine bay if kept that far in? either that or ill buy a 4" from a vendor on here.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Not necessarily. Though some sort of 'cold air' type intake could show gains, the chemical cooling properties of e85 coupled with the thermal efficiemcy of the Garrett core you use 'should' make those gains minimal compared to a short ram style intake pipe.

This is all speculation on my part. I could very well be wrong.

Quick Reply: FIC 2150cc notes