Notices
ECU Flash

Questions for the v7 Gurus about psi based ECU boost control

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Questions for the v7 Gurus about psi based ECU boost control

I've been tinkering with the idea of using PSI based ECU boost control in my VIII V7 rom. In looking at the psi based tables I noticed that in the XML there is already definitions for the various MAP sensors available. I also noticed that there is different versions of scaling for each of the same type of sensor.

My question is this....

How do we know exactly which scaling to use for which table for PSI boost control?

Next question.....

I am using a zeitronix map sensor (Kavlico 3.5 bar) as my current method of logging boost. I want to tap it into the stock ecu so that I can utilize the PSI based boost control features in v7.

Might anyone know what wire on the stock sensor or pin on the ecu I would need to tap into to make my map sensor work with the stock ecu?

Is there any additional table that I must add to my XML as necessary for proper MAP calibration?

Using the ECU boost control is my last hurdle in understanding nearly every feature of v7.

I appreciate any input anyone may give.

Thank you.

Paul
Old Dec 9, 2009, 02:09 PM
EvoM Community Team

Since you are on 96530706 now you don't need to worry about any calibrations. The different scalings are solely to allow your eyes to interpolate the bitwise targets properly.

Looks like pin 81 and 92 are your power and ground, but the input pin you want is: http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...-ecuwiring.htm

lucky number #73

(I was confused at first since the full name is listed there for it, but the power and ground say "MDP")
Old Dec 9, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the reply.

What about the various scalings? Which one would I use for the PSI tables? I know I would use the Kavlico 3.5 but there is a couple different scalings for it.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

40+ veiws and no one else has input?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Since you are on 96530706 now you don't need to worry about any calibrations. The different scalings are solely to allow your eyes to interpolate the bitwise targets properly.

Looks like pin 81 and 92 are your power and ground, but the input pin you want is: http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...-ecuwiring.htm

lucky number #73

(I was confused at first since the full name is listed there for it, but the power and ground say "MDP")
Could I just cut and bypass the stock MDP? I only need the signal wire.

My thoughts are this....I can splice the zeitronix into the stock MDP signal (removing the signal wire from the MDP) and still have the ability to see boost on my Zeitronix gauge.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

C'mon....80+ views and no one has any input ? ? ?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey im hope this will help since im going to put a map sensor in soon as well. im not sure how you connected it on your car now. but 2g dsm use pin 73 as mdp sensor/map sensor, but here you go hope it helps http://www.dsmlink.com/wiki/installnewsensor