Notices
ECU Flash

How To: Speed Density on the evo8 using tephra v7/Phenem pre-patched roms

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 07:35 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
first post updated with further MAP sensor notes re: MAP kPa scalling in section 3b.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 07:36 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by eyebrowski
The SD option are grayed out, does it need to be activated? How?
Make sure you are in developer mode, in the options (under one of the menus at the top).
Old Jan 8, 2010, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
Make sure you are in developer mode, in the options (under one of the menus at the top).
I am in developer mode. Some other stuff also grayed: MAT tables, PSI Boost, Most ISCV, Global boost control.

It allows me to edit the stuff but not sure why it shows grayed.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 05:06 AM

The SD option are grayed out, does it need to be activated? How?
I am in developer mode. Some other stuff also grayed: MAT tables, PSI Boost, Most ISCV, Global boost control.

It allows me to edit the stuff but not sure why it shows grayed.
Anyone?

Old Jan 11, 2010, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone?

Looks normal to me. Click on the box and open the table, they are greyed out because they are set for Developer only.....what's the problem, mine looks the same as yours.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by phenem
Looks normal to me. Click on the box and open the table, they are greyed out because they are set for Developer only.....what's the problem, mine looks the same as yours.
Ok, good. I was worried that they weren't activated. Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 06:44 AM
EvoM Moderator

Ya if you can edit the tables, there's no problem Not sure why they're grey like that, maybe some XML could be edited to make it look prettier?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
Ya if you can edit the tables, there's no problem Not sure why they're grey like that, maybe some XML could be edited to make it look prettier?
We grey it out because it is only needed to apply the SD modification, after that it is not needed, so we grey it out cause you shouldn't be messing with it unless for other reasons....
Old Jan 16, 2010, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Can someone help me please? I put in the Tephra mod rom into my car, transfered the ignition, fuel maps, started the car, drove it etc. For some reason though I can't see the: MIVEC, idle, Injector size scaling and others. A messge pops up saying, "The current map description is invalid or incomplete. Please edit the map description to fix the problem and the map will be viewable again." How can I fix this? I tried searching but its complicated.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:06 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
Can someone help me please? I put in the Tephra mod rom into my car, transfered the ignition, fuel maps, started the car, drove it etc. For some reason though I can't see the: MIVEC, idle, Injector size scaling and others. A messge pops up saying, "The current map description is invalid or incomplete. Please edit the map description to fix the problem and the map will be viewable again." How can I fix this? I tried searching but its complicated.

Thanks for the help guys.
I see you drive an IX, and you're commenting on MIVEC. This thread is exclusively about the 96531706 rom, which is for the evo8. Please start your own thread, or post in the general tephra v7 thread
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello all...

Ok....so here are 2 issues I am having...other than that the car drives like a dream. I have been running the car for a week like this and no CELs to report. Also like to mention that I am not new to tuning but am new to the speed density setup.

1 ) Boost reads 2~ psi lower (when compared to my calibrated Zeitronix 3 bar map sensor and calibrated Mustang Dyno 5 bar Map Sensor) on the Omni 4Bar map sensor in EvoScan (I have changed the map settings like mentioned in Step 3b, MAP Sensor selection in the thread below and added the OMNI 4 bar entry for EvoScan):

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ched-roms.html

I am located in San Diego County in Cali and the elevation is roughly 330ft above sea level where I am at.

I also noticed that there are no maps to alter the voltages for the MAP sensor...is this correct?

2 ) When I am cruising around town and am on decel (whether in gear or not) the fueling goes PIG RICH (10 AFR range) for 2~ seconds and then leans out like normal (14.7~ ideling or 21AFR on full decel in gear).

I tried copying over the open loop load/throttle maps and did nothing to fix the problem. I am already experiencing 2 MPGs loss since my conversion to SD and I am certain that this decel fueling issue is the cause of that loss.

Other things I have changed in the ROM already:

-Copied over the Desired ISCV to fix an idle dip I was experiencing coming out of gear to idle (500rpms stumble and then back to normal)

-Turned on lean spool

-applied mrfred Jitter fix 2

-Changed the SD MAP Sensor VE table read 1:1 as recommend in this thread (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ched-roms.html)

-Changed the SD RPM VE to 100 all the way down (on the stock injectors the 90, 93, 95 were affecting my fuel trims -12's on low trim....changing them all to 100 brought them to 0)

-Immob Hex for an 05 VIII

-SD Option: Fuel Temp for MAT 0x0E (Does anything need to be changed in the MAT scaling?)

-Fuel and Timing maps using the big map translator from when I tuned my car on the MAF a few weeks ago

My mods are real basic...(had the car on a full 35R at one point but due to money problems and this economy I sold all my mods)...

I have an 05 VIII and am on the 96531706 Phenem Option 5 Evo VIII map, Walbro Fuel Pump, Hallman ES Manual Boost Controller, MIL.SPEC 65mm TB, Custom 3" Intake tube w/K&N Cone Filter, Metal OEM Bov venting to air...all else is stock (injectors, turbo, dp, cat, catback, IC Piping, yada yada yada)

Any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:07 PM
EvoM Moderator

1) When the car is off, what does the MAP sensor read? It should be ~0.

2) tune your VE tables You mentioned you just put them to 1:1 later, and well....you need to adjust these, what are your fuel trims like?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

dam! i wanna run SD but i dont know if is really worth it?!?! also ill get tune 500 miles from where i live, does this will affect my tune?!?!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

So you mean to tell me that this map isnt a true stock map? I asked Phenem a while back and he said the his map could be flashed and should drive like stock on a stock setup...I guess I can be the guinea pig in getting the base map to work properly on a stock like setup since it is not infact the case.

I am on stock injectors so I didn't think the fuel trims were going to be an issue at all since fuel trims are normally not an issue on the stock rom. But when I changed the VE table @ 500, 1000 and 1250 to 100 the fuel STFT went from hovering around -12/-14 to hovering around 0 (I will go check them in a few as I have driving the car a few days since the last flash)

I tuned the fuel using the fuel map and not using the RPM VE Fuel table while on the dyno. Didnt have any issues getting the fuel dialed in this way. Unless we are tuning these cars like Subarus now a days as far as making the fuel map reflect the AFR desired and adjusting the MAF Scaling (or our SD RPM VE table) to add/subtract fuel until the desired AFRs are reached.

In regards to using the Fuel Temp sensor as the MAT sensor, do any values need to be changed in the scalings?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Checking my fuel trims now and it seems that the Low and Mid have changed since the night I tuned. Low is at -11.273 and mid is at -12.4496. Being that they are equally negative all I have to do is alter the RPM VE table until the trims reach 0 correct? Like dialing the injectors in without really touching the latency values?

Also, the OMNI MAP is reading -0.4859 with the car off. Is this fixed by altering the "SD MAP sensor VE and Calibration" table? I cant seem to find a MAP sensor voltage scaling table...

Quick Reply: How To: Speed Density on the evo8 using tephra v7/Phenem pre-patched roms