Notices
ECU Flash

Break-thru: Reading ACD ECU with EcuFlash

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Just read through the whole thread, it seems like all the steps that needed to be done to be able to read, view, and reflash the ACD ECU have been completed, but it looks like we're just missing a solid, easy-to-understand resource (such as for making the cable required to reflash/log) for those (like me) who'd like to start tuning their ACD ECU.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptord
Just read through the whole thread, it seems like all the steps that needed to be done to be able to read, view, and reflash the ACD ECU have been completed, but it looks like we're just missing a solid, easy-to-understand resource (such as for making the cable required to reflash/log) for those (like me) who'd like to start tuning their ACD ECU.
Theres a guy named speedway that makes these cables. Its quite well priced. I got one from him.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 04:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I hear ya deeman, I had a feeling it came down to a scenario like that. Sucks..

So is the tables currently defined accurate and pretty much all that there is ?

I can't find an XML worth a beans. I did find a c1 map for e8 with XML.

We should start the repository for these acd roms an XML

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Sep 6, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptord
x2 exactly what I thought. It'd be really fun to tune ACD and share knowledge especially on snow here where we could test many variables.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by deeman101
You misunderstood sba....
I hope I didn't sound like I was upset at sba. I'm not... just stating why I haven't personally forked over money for ACD tuning on the X yet. On my IX I bought the ACD tuning cable from IanEvo9MR (believe that was his name).

I applaud all the work developing the platform. But I'm waiting until someone offers to sell me a cable for $100-$350 with a list of XML defs on a cheap usb drive for various ACD roms. That's the profit.

Money isn't the issue for me. It's having the personal ability to change it and reflash. I'm only going to pay for that. Even if it's locked to the ACD computer ID to keep people honest, I'm fine with that.

Last edited by acidtonic; Sep 7, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 07:42 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
So is the tables currently defined accurate and pretty much all that there is ?

I can't find an XML worth a beans. I did find a c1 map for e8 with XML.

We should start the repository for these acd roms an XML
There is some kind of a ecu xml repository over at evoscan.com
www.evoscan.com/roms/mitsubishi

has a few ACD stuff, and you can upload any new ones you find.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by acidtonic
I hope I didn't sound like I was upset at sba. I'm not... just stating why I haven't personally forked over money for ACD tuning on the X yet. On my IX I bought the ACD tuning cable from IanEvo9MR (believe that was his name).

I applaud all the work developing the platform. But I'm waiting until someone offers to sell me a cable for $100-$350 with a list of XML defs on a cheap usb drive for various ACD roms. That's the profit.

Money isn't the issue for me. It's having the personal ability to change it and reflash. I'm only going to pay for that. Even if it's locked to the ACD computer ID to keep people honest, I'm fine with that.
We could probably easily find 3d maps in any ROM. It's not much complicated. Send me a ROM that you don't have the XML I will try it this week.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Is there someone who have more information on how the final ACD lockup torque is calculated from: lockup map, gforce lockup reduction, C map, proportionning map.

I would think it's:
Lockup (accel/decel) % - Gforce reduction (accel/decel) X C map? X Steering proportionning % = output to ACD clutch pack.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:27 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by acidtonic
People are waiting to do it themselves....

Especially something that impacts handling which seems to have changing needs even more than retuning for weather.

I want to tinker. I want to go drive and hit a corner. I want to pull over then try to dial out the negative qualities of that corner. I may want to do this 50 times to get that one corner just right.
Exactly this! ^^^^

Originally Posted by deeman101
You misunderstood sba. He was one of the guys that did all the breakthroughs for ACD tuning. Check back in this thread. He did everything along with a few other guys for free. Something like tephra for the ecu roms. Some people took advantage of the open source community and started charging for these ACD tunes as if it was of their own creation. That left sba and others that actually put some grunt work into making this possible with no $ for their work (though they never were expecting it) and they watched others make profit off their work. Thats when this thread went dead cold because I'm sure no one wanted to publish any more work that would get stolen and used for profit.
The only way I see to then to combat people wrongly (if you see it that way) making a profit is to start sharing again. Take away the ability for these people to make a profit and make the updated XML, data, instructions and tuning outcomes readily available. If there's no demand, there's no profit. That's how I see what has happened with the ECU stuff, why should ACD/AYC be any different? But clearly it is...many people have posted about how that have made it do this and made it do that, but have never shared any of the info for people to give it a go themselves.

That's not to say these guys already making a profit cant...ECU tuning is another perfect example. There are still a lot of people out there who simply can't process what is required to tune, so therefor they have to pay.

I've PM'd many people for months asking for hints and tips with regard to the maps...ie, what change to a map will change a handling characteristic? All I've has is crickets for responses.

Much of the XML out there is outdated and has lots of mistakes. I've been working on XML that takes more "developed" examples of XML and porting (as to say) into the older stuff. However, i'm still relying on pre-defined address (because I'm by no means a disassembler).

Anyway...I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Happy to help and share, I just need to know more about what changes in the maps changes how the car handles.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 03:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Downloaded the stock Evo 9 bin and XML from evoscan, comparing it to c1 now. Acd units are on ebay all the time. Not too pricey for ralliart ones. They have a wide variety of tunes as well..

I'm against locked tunes when privateering but it seems that we continuously get taken advantage of so let's blow that up like a hemmeroid on here!

I will eventuay get the acd pro box as I feel it's a better wheel for the wagon..

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Sep 23, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
So I made a flash cable and pulled my ROM, but this is all I got. Am I doing something wrong here? I don't have any of the maps showing up.
Attached Thumbnails Break-thru: Reading ACD ECU with EcuFlash-acd-pic.jpg  
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
You don't have a proper definition file.

Post the rom so someone can work up a def or at least identify the rom version.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by merlin.oz
You don't have a proper definition file.

Post the rom so someone can work up a def or at least identify the rom version.

Here you go Merlin. I have a 2006 IX SE, but the ROM says its 2004. Is that normal? I was able to flash the ROM you had posted in the other thread and read it from the ACD ECU fine, so I think I have the flashing down. Let me know if you need anything else.
Attached Files
File Type: bin
stockacd.bin (128.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Dec 20, 2013, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Siluck2, thats strange. The rom is a 401702, which I have previously only found in JDM Evo7.

I have not revised that xml since March 2010, so its a bit out of date. I will do some revisions and post an xml.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks, Merlin! Let me know if you need anything else from me or how I can help.

Last edited by Siluck2; Dec 20, 2013 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Break-thru: Reading ACD ECU with EcuFlash