Notices
ECU Flash

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need some help

I'm not sure what happened with the ECU but I can't get a bin file to flash to save my life. My car won't start now and I've spent HOURS downloading bin files and transferring over data. The flash will go 'through' but the ABS module doesn't 'click' afterwards....ie, not really going through.

I'm running the r3compile v7 for what it's worth. If anyone could please post up a bin file that I could download that works with the r3compile v7 I would be much appreciative. I spent 4 hours last night (up until midnight) and another hour and a half this morning trying to get this BS to work.

I did have jumper cables hooked up to my wifes car to insure proper voltage, so I know that's not the issue.

Please help community. This is not the way I wanted to start this week off.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 06:23 AM
And
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you save the original rom that was on the car? have you tried downloading this? what version of software are you using, what cable, are you sure the reflash connector hasn't come loose? have you tried running ecu unlocker first?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

I'm using 1.42 with the 1.3 cable. The weird part is, after several down loads/copying and pasting to the downloads I kinda gave up so I just downloaded the normal tephra v7 bin file and plugged into ecuflash. I didn't change any values and I was able to flash it to the car. I thought "sweet, all I have to do is change all the tables to my tuned tables", which I did, went to flash, and no go.

I haven't tried the unlocker yet and I'm at work with a crap computer with funblocker installed on the internet, so I can't see half the stuff (images, etc) that people post.

I guess what I'll do when I get home is uninstall ecuflash, erase all downloaded files, and start over. If anybody has any other ideas that would be appreciated.

^^^And, I will try the unlocker, unfortunately on this crap computer I cant see "have you tried this?" I'm sure there is some sort of image there. So annoying when this **** happens.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:12 AM
sba
Evolving Member

I don't really understand what is the problem, but did you tried to stop the immo in the tephra file?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:41 AM
And
Evolving Member

did you change the init codes on the tephra rom? did the car run after you downloaded the standard tephra one? if you've managed to swap the roms over and all seemed ok then I would say that you need to check the cables or the ecu unlocker if you can no longer read/write to the ECU, if you can read/write to the ecu but the car won't start the look at the immob.

Andy
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

I disabled the immob completely using periphery bits just to make sure. On the r3compile roms there is a table for different immob hex's. The DL'd bin file has the hex as 0x0068. I'm assuming this is right for an 06 usdm. The init code for my car is supposed to be 0001, I think. That's the init I've always used before.

Sorry if I'm coming across as a dik, but I'm going on 5 hours of sleep and am extremely irritated. I truly appreciate the help and suggestions.
I probably should have started this thread when I was at home with my tuning comp so I could try out different stuff.
The reason I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the immob is because the ABS isn't clicking after the flash. My abs always clicks after I'm done with a flash, that's how I know it went through completely.
The flash log will say flash completed, but no abs clicking, ie corrupt bin file or something like that.
Maybe I'll try erasing all the r3compile stuff and go back to the norm 8859/V7.

Last edited by lan_evo_mr9; Feb 15, 2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you pull the rom from the ECU at all?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Figured it out...cable took a ****. The good ol' 1.3 finally dumped after 4 years. I ordered the OP2.0 last night. I can't believe how expensive the cables have gotten (I haven't looked in 3 years). Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.

I should have thought about the cable sooner, it's been taking longer and longer for it to get recognized....sometimes up to 2 minutes. I remember when I first got it, it wouldbe recognized almost instantly by ecuflash.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:07 AM
And
Evolving Member

glad all is sorted guessing you 'll reflash your car then when the new one arrives
Old Feb 18, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Just an update if you folks care....if not, I don't I'm so happy right now....got the OP2.0 and now the car starts, flashes, reads, etc, just perfect.

I'm assuming it's normal when logging in evoscan that the ACD lights flash along with the ABS light when using the OP2.0?

It was such a tease to have my car for ONE day with the new EWD/ceramic coated DP and ported/ceramic coated exh man before my 1.3 cable took a dump. So glad she's back to life. I took a buddy for a ride to hear the EWD, he said, and quote, "If death had a sound, that's it."

So cool
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:42 PM
And
Evolving Member

the lights only flash when below 2ooorpm ish, although you can set it so the lights don't flash al all in one of the menus in evoscan.

glad its all worked out ok
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
OP20 is worth it JUST for the SD card logging

I basically have a log of 99% of my cars driving now.