Notices
ECU Flash

? Un-install ecuflash... completely clean???

Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"revo" un-installer kicks A$$!!! Found all my B.S. folders (~20) immediately. Awesome! And I now have a clean version... Finally! installed in custom location c\:ecuflash. loaded up a rom, and didnt need to make any adjustments for the "paths" for romettadata/roms.

Thank you!!!

edit: well, damn it, theres still some files not being found, as when I close the program and open it up again, it shows "versions" in the folder, which tells me theres some other crap... uuuggghhhh! also the damn NLTS rpm drop is screwed again...

edit, again: did another un/reinstall and used the non patched v.7 and everything seems to be fine, BUT is still showing "versions" in the folder....

Last edited by nonschlont; Feb 17, 2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 02:41 AM
Evolved Member

well, damn... IDK WTF is going on here... I have disabled the UAC, un/re-installed, and STILL no go!

If i place the app in a different location, it will load clean, but if (God forbid) I wanna load up a v.7, it will NOT load the rom correctly. All I need to do is check for the NLTS rpm drop, not showing correctly, and I was told the reason for this is theres some BS still hiding... And whats even more frustrating, is I just had a fresh rom/.xml/app working, and the gears werent logging correctly, so I ****canned the rom, again...(frustrated) to find out it might have been from the wrong request ID in evoscan, cause the car felt fine...
But it would log "0" if the ID was wrong, right? so maybe it was right, cause it was logging, just not solid/correct gears. All I know, is after disabling the UAC, I had to re-do my entire evoscan lineup, on top of all of this other ****!
check the time... Ive been trying to fix this for over a week now, every night for hours, upon hours, to no avail!
so I have un/re-installed sooooooo many damn times now, that theres like no where else for me to put it. I even tried placing it in public downloads, and tried to open a v.7 rom, and still not showing NLTS rpm drop properly!
Definitely can NOT have 2 app on the comp. at the same time, even if theyre in different locations!
I am at witts end here. I loaded up a v.5 rom, and it seems fine, so hopefully the rom wont get corrupted...

what a PITA!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, that sucks....I keep my ecuflash in C drive like most and then when I down load the V7 files, I extract files from the zip using winrar into the documents/down loads section. I then copy/pasted all XML's into the rommetadata folder and dragged the bin file to ecuflash.
Is that what you're doing or are you going about it a different way?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
Damn, that sucks....I keep my ecuflash in C drive like most and then when I down load the V7 files, I extract files from the zip using winrar into the documents/down loads section. I then copy/pasted all XML's into the rommetadata folder and dragged the bin file to ecuflash.
Is that what you're doing or are you going about it a different way?
I was/have been installing thru c\: program files\openecu\ecuflash, etc. When changing .xmls, go thru the same location pull out old, swap in new, close, re-open ecuflash... Files get DL'ed to user/DL'ds. Files get extracted, and pulled out, and swapped in. My .xmls are fully loaded, and working just fine...
problem is, when I un/re-install in same location (path directed from ecuflash, or any path I choose) it re-installs and older version. I know this, cause I pull out my .xmls before I uninstall, and when it re-installs, it re-installs w/ the stock .xml , but in the place I put them so I could see them, (right on top), rather than the 8859, where it belongs in order, and the base on the bottom.
Now if I install in a "new" location it loads up fine, and shows evry map defined properly, just as long as theres NO v.7... (MTHFKR!!!)

Now Im thinkin (if I remember correctly) that MAYBE if I swapp in "my" .xml for v.7 and not the recompile DL maybe it'll show the NLTS defined properly (as it did this last time), but if it does it'll still probobly get fkd cause of the BS hiding somewhere... But at the same time, no1 else has had this issue w/ his DL package. and I was using it previously, before my comp. **** the bed, and all this crap started happening... (replaced hard drive w/ a better 1)so IDK...

So basically, Im stuck w/ a fully loaded "stock" rom, if I wanna feel comfortable that theres no .xml issues, or i can run the v.5 (which i am) and hope for the best... @ this point, if I wanna move to v.7, I need to borrow some1 comp. w/ a running v.7, just so I can load up a rom, and not worry bout all this bs...
I want v.7, I want v.7, I want v.7!!! lol
man this is frustrating...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally run the no OBD, airflow patch v7 found on one of the pages here. That XML set is really clean and to my preference.

Here's the version I run with no issues. Link to the specific zip down load, not the normal V7.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ml#post7640743
Old Feb 19, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
I personally run the no OBD, airflow patch v7 found on one of the pages here. That XML set is really clean and to my preference.

Here's the version I run with no issues. Link to the specific zip down load, not the normal V7.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ml#post7640743
thanks for the link. I kinda prefer to use my own .xmls, and have got what looks like a fresh rom, and now cant get the gear to recognize themselves,a nd I believe I have everything set up properly... I JUST CANT WIN...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if push comes to shove, you can always just back up your ROMs and anything else on your PC you want, and format the harddrives.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

well I think I found out why my gear wasnt loggin correctly... The formula was "x/[rpm]", or somethin like that instead of just "x" according to the v.7 .xml for gear on the first page. I thought somethin was weird, cause I dont recall needing to log speed.

I also thought I had figured the cache issue out, but was wrong. Thought maybe it was reading files from the recycle bin. not the case... I have no clue where these files are being hidden. used the revo, searched and deleted all pertaining files. deleted any random files I found, but if I install in any location that has previously had the app there, it loads up an older version...

I have installed a new version in a new location, and seems to be clean. (no discrepencies w/ the maps) loaded up, yet another fresh v7 rom, and am hoping for the best... Im only playing w/ v.7 or stock from now on to try and prevent any issues, but theres still some BS hiding somewhere, so I imagine its only a matter of time before the rom gets screwed...
Old Feb 21, 2010, 03:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
curse, now my laptop has caught this same bug.
This problem can stop you dead in you tracks. And this is with XP too.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
go to start > run > type in regedit

control f and search evoscan and delete every single entry in the registry for the program. after that if on vista/win7 search for anything pertaining evoscan and delete it as well.

in vista/win7 etc, evoscan saves all important files to: C:\Users\yourcomputername\AppData\Local\VirtualSto re\Program Files\EvoScan
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

update:

well, I gave up trying to hunt down this hidden file/s, so I just installed in a new location, and it seems to be fine. All tables are defined, and I started logging again... After I changed the formula for gear to "x" instead of "x/[rpm]" (dont know how the formula changed) went out to do a pull, and didnt work again... Then I noticed that it also changed the request ID (mthrfkr) lol set it to the correct ID, and we have gear dependent boost control. YAY!!! Car seemed to be running fine.
Only (2) noticable things. My idle is dipping low, coming to a stop again, and cold start is on the rich side for the first few secs...

BISS is ~ 850, didnt need to mess w/ it. Not quite sure why its starting up rich, as this is the first Ive noticed this. My cold start is almost money, but warm starts still hits 1900, before it settles down.

So in summary: Disable the UAC, DL the "REVO" uninstaller, uninstall/delete all files/folders! After that, go back into comp/program files, and see if theres another folder (as there was for me, even tho, I installed in another location) then search your comp "search feature" for ecuflash, and delete any folders there as well! (yes I still had to do this after the revo uninstall) Carefull, delete "ecuflash folders" only, as it will show you all your .xmls/roms whereever u have them saved.

Also note, that when I re-set the UAC back on (just trying to see what works/doesnt) it altered some evoscan data as well! It changed the "rpm_speed_gear_ratio" requests from 42/43, to just 42, changed the formula for gear (again), and wouldnt log either!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nonschlont
well, I gave up trying to hunt down this hidden file/s, so I just installed in a new location, and it seems to be fine. All tables are defined, and I started logging again... After I changed the formula for gear to "x" instead of "x/[rpm]" (dont know how the formula changed) went out to do a pull, and didnt work again... Then I noticed that it also changed the request ID (mthrfkr) lol set it to the correct ID, and we have gear dependent boost control. YAY!!! Car seemed to be running fine.
Only (2) noticable things. My idle is dipping low, coming to a stop again, and cold start is on the rich side for the first few secs...

BISS is ~ 850, didnt need to mess w/ it. Not quite sure why its starting up rich, as this is the first Ive noticed this. My cold start is almost money, but warm starts still hits 1900, before it settles down.

So in summary: Disable the UAC, DL the "REVO" uninstaller, uninstall/delete all files/folders! After that, go back into comp/program files, and see if theres another folder (as there was for me, even tho, I installed in another location) then search your comp "search feature" for ecuflash, and delete any folders there as well! (yes I still had to do this after the revo uninstall) Carefull, delete "ecuflash folders" only, as it will show you all your .xmls/roms whereever u have them saved.

Also note, that when I re-set the UAC back on (just trying to see what works/doesnt) it altered some evoscan data as well! It changed the "rpm_speed_gear_ratio" requests from 42/43, to just 42, changed the formula for gear (again), and wouldnt log either!

Glad you got it working

PS UAC is a waste for you since you got Norton for security.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you're running symantec norton i highly recommend to disable most of its services in start > run > msconfig > services tab (click hide all microsoft services) . Norton is a resource hog and sucks. Its ok if you have it setup where you can right click a file and scan for a virus, but constantly monitoring it slows your computer down dramatically.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oldevodude
Glad you got it working

PS UAC is a waste for you since you got Norton for security.
thanks for the assistance!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
If you're running symantec norton i highly recommend to disable most of its services in start > run > msconfig > services tab (click hide all microsoft services) . Norton is a resource hog and sucks. Its ok if you have it setup where you can right click a file and scan for a virus, but constantly monitoring it slows your computer down dramatically.
ya, I am. I'll look into this tonight. Thanks for the tip!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ? Un-install ecuflash... completely clean???