Notices
ECU Flash

? Un-install ecuflash... completely clean???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is where some things get hidden: C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files\

check that folder out. you might find some ecuflash data stashed away there by the o/s
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by _Speedy_
this is where some things get hidden: C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files\

check that folder out. you might find some ecuflash data stashed away there by the o/s
i already said that above.....
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by oldevodude
Glad you got it working

PS UAC is a waste for you since you got Norton for security.
UAC is not a waste regardless of security software or not. If you run into new malware for which Norton doesn't have a definition update for, with UAC off the malware goes about its business. With UAC on, you have to choose to let it go about its business.

In general I have been seeing lots of folks turning off UAC on machines when really they have no reason to do so. If you need to run a program in admin mode (honestly very rarely for most average people) you can simply set the shortcut to require it to run as admin.

Last edited by codgi; Feb 23, 2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah I agree, UAC is your friend.. don't disable it.. its here to stay in windows 7 too, just not as annoying
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by codgi
UAC is not a waste regardless of security software or not. If you run into new malware for which Norton doesn't have a definition update for, with UAC off the malware goes about its business. With UAC on, you have to choose to let it go about its business.

In general I have been seeing lots of folks turning off UAC on machines when really they have no reason to do so. If you need to run a program in admin mode (honestly very rarely for most average people) you can simply set the shortcut to require it to run as admin.
unfortuneately, when I turned the UAC back on, it scewed some evoscan stuff (IDK WTF), that I cant fix, unless I re-install that program as wel (listed in a coule posts back)... weird. so I turned it back off, and evoscan was normal again... kinda weird, cause it was fine before I turned the UAC off!

@ this point, Im just happy to have a comp. that isnt fighting me, or causing weird **** to happen w/ my roms... I might "BORROW" my fiance's acer, since she just got a netbook, and barely uses either...

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT/TIPS!!!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nonschlont
unfortuneately, when I turned the UAC back on, it scewed some evoscan stuff (IDK WTF), that I cant fix, unless I re-install that program as wel (listed in a coule posts back)... weird. so I turned it back off, and evoscan was normal again... kinda weird, cause it was fine before I turned the UAC off!

@ this point, Im just happy to have a comp. that isnt fighting me, or causing weird **** to happen w/ my roms... I might "BORROW" my fiance's acer, since she just got a netbook, and barely uses either...

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT/TIPS!!!
whys evoscan running as admin? did you change the compability properties on it or something? theres no need for that.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
whys evoscan running as admin? did you change the compability properties on it or something? theres no need for that.
all I did was click the box, that says to turn off the UAC. I did NOT touch anything else, especially evoscan. The last thing I need to have a similar situation w/ the logger as well... (almost did, when I turned it back on)

Not sure if it is running as admin. or not.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

all I did was click the box, that says to turn off the UAC. I did NOT touch anything else, especially evoscan. The last thing I need to have a similar situation w/ the logger as well... (almost did, when I turned it back on)

Not sure if it is running as admin. or not.

ah ok. ya evoscan is a little *****. and the author doesn't make it easier on us. i had a hell of a time figuring out why maptracer worked in 2.6 but not in 2.7, turns out the author decided to make 2.6 use LoadCalc for the maptracer and 2byte load / 2byte rpm for the 2.7 version.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

ah ok. ya evoscan is a little *****. and the author doesn't make it easier on us. i had a hell of a time figuring out why maptracer worked in 2.6 but not in 2.7, turns out the author decided to make 2.6 use LoadCalc for the maptracer and 2byte load / 2byte rpm for the 2.7 version.
I was just so happy to have it work, I didnt care how/why, but... I have my maptracer working w/ v.7, using evoscan 2.6, and I did NOT change the load calc/1byteload header....
The ONLY thing I did, was drop fosty's /xml in the "roms" folder (in evoscan), loaded up the rom, and in business... (using "2ByteLoad" temp+baro)

Dont ask, IDK... I figured I would try 1 step at a time. The folder was first, and worked right off the bat!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:26 AM
Former Sponsor

I was just so happy to have it work, I didnt care how/why, but... I have my maptracer working w/ v.7, using evoscan 2.6, and I did NOT change the load calc/1byteload header....
The ONLY thing I did, was drop fosty's /xml in the "roms" folder (in evoscan), loaded up the rom, and in business... (using "2ByteLoad" temp+baro)

Dont ask, IDK... I figured I would try 1 step at a time. The folder was first, and worked right off the bat!
ya fosty modded the data.xml so it reads correctly. he did all the hard work for you. map tracer is a must have though if you plan on tuning yourself
Old Feb 24, 2010, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

ya fosty modded the data.xml so it reads correctly. he did all the hard work for you. map tracer is a must have though if you plan on tuning yourself
it all makes sense now... thanks again Fosty!