Notices
ECU Flash

How to patch in Big Maps & Launch Maps

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:23 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
boosted tuning. could you tell me some of the problems there was with the 9653?? i have a 2003 evo8 and im about to give up the SD crap as well. my issues are i was tuned in ohio and on the way home the car got worse. much richer. back firing under WOT and i get a very big lean condition ''i think thats it'' around 2k to 3500 rpm. i cant even get the car up my drive way cause it does out. also idle sucked. and it stalled at almost every light or stop.
That's a tuning issue, not a rom issue. Sounds like the injectors were not tuned correctly and the fuel trims swung too much one way on your drive home.

Been running V7 on my personal car with no issues. Tuned maybe 15 evos with V7 at this point without any issues as well. All 05 evo 8 and 06 evo 9 at this point however.

- bryan
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
That's a tuning issue, not a rom issue. Sounds like the injectors were not tuned correctly and the fuel trims swung too much one way on your drive home.

Been running V7 on my personal car with no issues. Tuned maybe 15 evos with V7 at this point without any issues as well. All 05 evo 8 and 06 evo 9 at this point however.

- bryan
i had Aaron and another guy look at my car ''through email'' both could not get a thing to work right. the car just did not want to work with them guys. idle also was 2500+ rpm. up and down. i spent alot of money changing sensors MAP, AIC, both coolant sensors, no boost leaks upto 30psi, nothing mechanically wrong. good compression. i just figured it was part of the 9653 issues on a 2003 evo. i dont know really. i can not get good info from anyone. i dont blame them as the car is not at there hands but it sucks. im about to pull the ecu out and just go standalone.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i mean he's honestly just being stubborn. you don't want all the perks of v7 then uncheck them and leave them off simple. just pretend that there not there. i think you have a stigma that the word v7 equals problems. it doesnt... just they slimmed down the platform of roms. to the op just give it a simple try your not paying 4 it " you no like u no keep" lol. .
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hediki12
i mean he's honestly just being stubborn. you don't want all the perks of v7 then uncheck them and leave them off simple. just pretend that there not there. i think you have a stigma that the word v7 equals problems. it doesnt... just they slimmed down the platform of roms. to the op just give it a simple try your not paying 4 it " you no like u no keep" lol. .
OK how many times to i have to say i tryed it already. And i dont like it so i deleted it off my laptop.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 07:46 AM

3GEclipse, worry about getting your car working without big maps and then move on. You really don't need them. If your not ready for V7, then your not ready for big maps. Adding big maps or launch maps isn't going to make anything better. Hell, can a FWD 3G even launch? I know my 2G FWD wasn't worth a damn!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acidikjuice I peal all 4 in 1st without antilag so I agree with you. If ur making power u won't need 2step if u. Dnt have baloons.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Its called slicks, get some. And big maps will help alot, you need to do some research. What do you mean worry about get my car working without big maps?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by acidikjuice
3GEclipse, worry about getting your car working without big maps and then move on. You really don't need them. If your not ready for V7, then your not ready for big maps. Adding big maps or launch maps isn't going to make anything better. Hell, can a FWD 3G even launch? I know my 2G FWD wasn't worth a damn!
i know its easy to assume hes fwd, but dont be suprised to see more awd "slowpoke" 3g's here n there. Big maps are relevant an needed. 9417 would just be better to control the car with as pointed out earlier. If only it had live maps.