Notices
ECU Flash

Grimspeed BCS help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btw DBallz, my load is usually around 330 at 27-28psi.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
btw DBallz, my load is usually around 330 at 27-28psi.
well if your target load is higher then 319 then you might want to do a mod to your file to double your fuel cut with this mod

I figure once you get everything running correct your going to hit fuel cut

Oh and I got a chance to look at my rom now that I'm home you can leave you BCLO where it is but lower your BDEG. (BCLO) This is a static value used to determine a base load that you would never want to be less than.

Last edited by DBallz; Mar 24, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Hows this:

Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Hows this:

Not too bad a few things though:
  1. "MLFBC" I have no idea what it does so I left it alone
  2. "BWGD" is set too high what I have noticed is anything above 100% I don't think it responds well or at all. I would start with 50% in your case all across the board. That shouldn't be more then 25psi.
  3. "FCLTD" is set too high it's at 10,000ms which is 10sec. Mine is set at 600ms which is .6secs. If you overshoot your load and hit fuel cut you want that to kick in immediately.
  4. "TBEC" take note of the values on the right side. Now zero them out. Get your boost curve nice and smooth then you can add back the TBEC values.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DBallz
Not too bad a few things though:
  1. "MLFBC" I have no idea what it does so I left it alone

I did the same
  2. "BWGD" is set too high what I have noticed is anything above 100% I don't think it responds well or at all. I would start with 50% in your case all across the board. That shouldn't be more then 25psi.

When I was testing the BCS I set everything to 50%, all gear would boost 30psi and third would boost 20psi, no matter what
  3. "FCLTD" is set too high it's at 10,000ms which is 10sec. Mine is set at 600ms which is .6secs. If you overshoot your load and hit fuel cut you want that to kick in immediately.

Oh yea, I'll change it back

4. "TBEC" take note of the values on the right side. Now zero them out. Get your boost curve nice and smooth then you can add back the TBEC values.

I did that and it didnt change a thing
Whats your RPM/SPEED table look like??

thanks again D
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

whats your rpm/speed table look like??

Thanks again d
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

I meant this one

Old Mar 24, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

chunk that thing. i had problems with it also. just threw on that good ole hallman...
Old Mar 24, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lude2evo
chunk that thing. i had problems with it also. just threw on that good ole hallman...
thats what im running now, although If I can get it to work holding 2 or 3 more psi at redline it will be worth it IMO...I just got to get the tuning right
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:56 AM
Evolved Member

I love people who give up it makes me look like a genius. My tuner had a problem with the valve on a customers car and turned out there was something funky and different about the guys rom. It would work all the way thru the run and then shut off at the end and spiking the boost to over 30 psi. Turns out it was something he had to change in the periphery bit. Maybe that was your problem or maybe you should have taken it to a pro to tune.

aka.ralliart15 I'm not running V7 yet sorry I can't help. I would ask sheides he is very good with v7

Last edited by DBallz; Mar 25, 2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: I just got out of the shower
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

Hows this:

Ahh...I'm sorry but you've lost me. I have no clue to what your are trying to accomplish with this settings. Does the Grimmspeed 3-Port BCS work differently than the GM 3-Port and Peirburg 3-Port or something? What are you trying to achieve by setting your Base Wastegate Duty Cycle(BWGDC) at 127.5%? And your Boost Desired Load Offset(BDLO or also known as Boost Adder in v7) set to 250? If your peak load is at 330 (27-28psi) you should only set the RPMs where you hit that load to 330. You can achieve this by setting the Boost Desired Load Offset at 200, and putting 130 on the Boost Desired Engine Load tables on that specific RPM. If you are tuning boost, please 'zero' out the Turbo Boost Error Correction table.

Just in case you are still new to ECU Boost with 3port, here I have provided a screenshot of a 88590715 (V7 + Mods) ROM with settings you could start with. I am assuming that you will be using Load Based Boost Control? First, start tinkering with Base Wastegate Duty Cycle and get your desired boost curve, then you will need to set the Boost Desired Engine Load to whatever load you are hitting with your 'desired' boost. Remember that your Boost Desired Load Offset(Boost Adder) is set to 200. (Boost Adder[LOAD] + Boost Desired Engine Load = Logged Load) After BDEL has been set, you can put your Turbo Boost Error Correction back in and adjust your Boost Cut Load for added safety.

You can get the ROM here
And the XML Pack here

If you need me to set up your ROM, just let me know.

Last edited by ohhgyeahfasho; Mar 25, 2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
Ahh...I'm sorry but you've lost me. I have no clue to what your are trying to accomplish with this settings. Does the Grimmspeed 3-Port BCS work differently than the GM 3-Port and Peirburg 3-Port or something? What are you trying to achieve by setting your Base Wastegate Duty Cycle(BWGDC) at 127.5%? And your Boost Desired Load Offset(BDLO or also known as Boost Adder in v7) set to 250? If your peak load is at 330 (27-28psi) you should only set the RPMs where you hit that load to 330. You can achieve this by setting the Boost Desired Load Offset at 200, and putting 130 on the Boost Desired Engine Load tables on that specific RPM. If you are tuning boost, please 'zero' out the Turbo Boost Error Correction table.

Just in case you are still new to ECU Boost with 3port, here I have provided a screenshot of a 88590715 (V7 + Mods) ROM with settings you could start with. I am assuming that you will be using Load Based Boost Control? First, start tinkering with Base Wastegate Duty Cycle and get your desired boost curve, then you will need to set the Boost Desired Engine Load to whatever load you are hitting with your 'desired' boost. Remember that your Boost Desired Load Offset(Boost Adder) is set to 200. (Boost Adder[LOAD] + Boost Desired Engine Load = Logged Load) After BDEL has been set, you can put your Turbo Boost Error Correction back in and adjust your Boost Cut Load for added safety.

You can get the ROM here
And the XML Pack here

If you need me to set up your ROM, just let me know.
wurd everything he said
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

I love people who give up it makes me look like a genius. My tuner had a problem with the valve on a customers car and turned out there was something funky and different about the guys rom. It would work all the way thru the run and then shut off at the end and spiking the boost to over 30 psi. Turns out it was something he had to change in the periphery bit. Maybe that was your problem or maybe you should have taken it to a pro to tune.

aka.ralliart15 I'm not running V7 yet sorry I can't help. I would ask sheides he is very good with v7

lol i actually didnt give up. had it one for over a month, worked fine for a month then it would not go past wastegate pressure. i then boost leak tested fixed the leaks.... wastegate pressure. i took it to kevind to tune and he toyed with it, the ecu was commanding more boost but it wouldnt go past wastegate pressure. finally threw the hallman boost controller and we had no more issues
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

lol i actually didnt give up. had it one for over a month, worked fine for a month then it would not go past wastegate pressure. i then boost leak tested fixed the leaks.... wastegate pressure. i took it to kevind to tune and he toyed with it, the ecu was commanding more boost but it wouldnt go past wastegate pressure. finally threw the hallman boost controller and we had no more issues

Did you contact GrimmSpeed or MAC Valve cause it sounded like you had a failure
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
how much better does ecu controlled boost like this hold then say a hallman pro? i know for the fail safe features alone now built into ecu, its worth the swap, but before i change im just curious on how well it holds - thanks

Quick Reply: Grimspeed BCS help!!!