Notices
EcuFlash

Live Maps TPS Alt Map Switching??

Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Live Maps TPS Alt Map Switching??

So I don't think alt map switching with TPS is working for me, or, the ECU is not referencing the alt maps. I'm using 96532706 with unmodified XMLs from the package in the V7 thread.

I have alt maps enabled under Tephra mods. I have Valet mode disabled.

I turn the key on, I hold full throttle until my check engine light blinks. It toggles between blinking fast and blinking slow every time I hold in the throttle with the key on.

I'm assuming this is supposed to be alt maps on or off. I tested valet mode before, and it did the same blinking thing. Valet mode works great.

Now using the live maps application I am able to read and write timing and fuel, if I make a change, close the program and shut down the car, start the car back up and open the program back up, the changes stick so I know that much is working.

Using the live maps software I've changed the timing in every cell to -5 degrees, and it still idles at 7. I've tested this after the light has blinked fast and blinked slow.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: The alt map switching is working fine, my problem is somewhere else.

I finally manually modified the alt high octane ignition map to 12 degrees at idle, while the main high octane ignition map is set to 5.

With the key on, holding down the accelerator until the check engine light flashes fast, the car idles around 12 degrees. This stays even if the ignition is turned off.

With the key on, holding down the accelerator until the check engine light flashes slow, the car idles around 5 degrees.

So, the switching is working fine, and the car is using what's in the appropriate map. The problem I have is that changes I make with live maps app have no effect.

Last edited by Seijuro; Mar 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

that is an intresting problem. ok let me understand the problem

u can change alt maps if you reflash the car via ecuflash?
once reflashed u read the correct ign timing from the live map app?
but when u change it... the effects do not apply?

ok if yes to above. i would try to check two things.
1) in ecuflash check the tephra map vectors, they should begin with FFFF xxxx as the left side says not 0003 xxxx.
2) maybe try another table.. easiest is the WGDC... set it all to zero... via livemap and then log boost you should be running waste gate pressure in all gears.

if 2 works then its definately 1 is wrong for the ign table... and it might still be 0003xxxx... remember any address that begins with FFFF is a ram address 0003 is the rom pointer. (also the point does not equal the address in livemap)
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ziad View Post
that is an intresting problem. ok let me understand the problem

u can change alt maps if you reflash the car via ecuflash?
once reflashed u read the correct ign timing from the live map app?
but when u change it... the effects do not apply?
Yes that is exactly right.

ok if yes to above. i would try to check two things.
1) in ecuflash check the tephra map vectors, they should begin with FFFF xxxx as the left side says not 0003 xxxx.
2) maybe try another table.. easiest is the WGDC... set it all to zero... via livemap and then log boost you should be running waste gate pressure in all gears.

if 2 works then its definately 1 is wrong for the ign table... and it might still be 0003xxxx... remember any address that begins with FFFF is a ram address 0003 is the rom pointer. (also the point does not equal the address in livemap)
Okay I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I'm not using ECU boost control so I'll have to find some other table to test with.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Also, if another table doesn't work, post up screenshots of the DMA/LiveMap tables from ECUFLash. I'm talking about the actual code tables. If you don't have the defs, I can give them to you.

Early on there was a bug that didn't allow writing to work correctly. I think a ROM may have been posted before it was fixed.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst View Post
Also, if another table doesn't work, post up screenshots of the DMA/LiveMap tables from ECUFLash. I'm talking about the actual code tables. If you don't have the defs, I can give them to you.

Early on there was a bug that didn't allow writing to work correctly. I think a ROM may have been posted before it was fixed.
I did exactly that in the live apps thread. I'm sorry I seem to have gotten two things going about this. This thread I created because I initially thought the problem was switching. Now I know the switching is worked so I posted in the thread about live maps.

We can discuss this in whichever thread you guys prefer.

Here's the data;

I am using http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/use...r99gst-dma.zip

Here's a screen shot of the LiveMap app settings

All of this is unmodified, exactly how it was set when I got it.

Also, here's a shot of the settings from Evo Live Maps.

Finally, here are the Tephra Map Vectors.

Old Mar 18, 2010, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

there u go.... the vectors are all wrong. the 0003xxxx need to be changed to ram variables

eg ALT INJ SCALING, its 00037b40... should be FFFFA040 (need to type 0xFFFF 0xA040.

not sure why that rom would be like that... very strange. anyway needs to be changed for all the tables from ALT INJ to ALT Cranking IPW main.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

EDIT: This solution is confirmed

there u go.... the vectors are all wrong. the 0003xxxx need to be changed to ram variables

eg ALT INJ SCALING, its 00037b40... should be FFFFA040 (need to type 0xFFFF 0xA040.

not sure why that rom would be like that... very strange. anyway needs to be changed for all the tables from ALT INJ to ALT Cranking IPW main.
Okay, now I'm tracking. Perhaps Phenem can update the ROM.

EDIT: Here is the corrected and working table.

Last edited by Seijuro; Mar 18, 2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Solution confirmed! That fixed it!