Notices
ECU Flash

Big issues..

Old Mar 18, 2010, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big issues..

After searching and asking on the subject, I received answers but they were for people either converting to my ECU or they were dealing with a international production issue (USDM vs EDM). Attached are two downloaded roms from my car, the one with numbers comes from Evo Scan, and the other from ECU Flash. I have yet to find the correct configuration data in ECUFlash to access this rom (the fuel maps, etc.). Infact, I'm afraid of doing anything at this point because I'm not quite sure what I have really...

My car was purchased as a 2005' USDM Evo 8. It is just a VIII and nothing else from what i've read. I can't tell any other way really. Hell' that's what I had to tell the insurance! In any case I chose USDM Evo8 from the defention list in ECUFlash and all I get is one mini table under metadata that tells me everything I already know. I'm begging to believe my ECU has been either replaced wth a different model or it has been flashed to something else. Since its a 2005, we are dealing with an immoblizer. Please help...all i would like to do is start editing my rom and maps. One last thing...evoscan works perfectly. In the handheld evscan there is an option to log a wideband but where do you hook it up? I do have a 5v output but where does it go? I beg you, help!

Rom from EcuFlash: Download Link
Rom from EvoScan: Download Link

Thanks infinitly!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:52 AM
And
Evolving Member

according to my ecuflash its a 96530706 which is a v7 tephra rom, the data looks ok too (only had a brief look)
you need to download the xml def's from the v7 thread

Andy
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:16 AM

could you explain to me how you were able to view my maps? I downloaded the original pack from the tephramod v7 thread and extracted the .xml file to ecuflash's directory wth no success. Plus i donkt know the frst thing anout recrae
Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:36 AM
And
Evolving Member

ok lets make sure you have everything in the right place,
if you go in to File->Options the click on the directory options, make sure these point to

metadata = c:\Program File\OpenECU\rommetdata
and
rom = c:\Program File\OpenECU\roms ( I have a directory where I store my roms, just point this to where you save your roms )

sometime this can say c:\Documents and Settings\....

when you downloaded the v7 did you extract them to c:\Program File\OpenECU\rommetdata\Mitsi...\evo

if you now restart EcuFlash and open your rom you should be fine.

What is your user level set too? make sure its developer too

Last edited by And; Mar 18, 2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 03:48 AM
And
Evolving Member

did you manage to solve your problem?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:54 PM

Yes I have! newbie isses...its been a few days now that Ive been on the tephra rom. I tuned for a few hours today..the last two flashes impressed me..both times. Im on my way thank you!