Notices
ECU Flash

Non-working Evoscan AYC/ACD/ABS datalogging

Old May 26, 2010, 05:08 AM
vd
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
thanks vd, did you determine this from looking inside the assembly code of the evo AYC/ACD rom? or is it based off other known g-force calculations from another vehicle rom?
unfortunately I'm not that knowledgeable in disassembling, my conclusion was based exclusively on analysis of the log provided here in this thread - I've considered amounts and how those correspond to the braking/acceleration/TPS parameters

though, AYC or ACD logging is not working at all with my car (EDM EvoIX, recently purchased OP2.0 from Limitless, ECUFlash 1.42, newest beta EvoScan 2.7.0046)
Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AYC/ACD bleeding with EvoScan version 2.8!?

Hi there, well I have one customer car which is EVO 8 05' year modle
I'm trying to bleed the air for the AYC and ACD
I've ordered the cable with that feature
I've choose the ACD in the select ECU type
I've choose cable 1.3U
For the DTC I choose MTUIII AYC
I can datalog it says it's engadge even when I press on activation of anything it takes few sec and it works but I don't hear the pump for the AYC or ACD
I've disabled the pin 9 in the OBD II cable and even the feature in the logging for disable flashing light with AYC/ACD

I even rise the volatage up to 13.1 with battery jumper

What is the reason I can't hear the pump ticking, should I make it while the car is on or off I don't think it does matter unless the voltage is low

So what wrong I'm doing missing
I run a screen shot of what I've done from home pc

Thanks for your help and support i really appreciates it!?

Oh sorry where can i get stock EVO 8 map?
I want to use stock GCC map to start from scratch
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Non-working Evoscan AYC/ACD/ABS datalogging-evoscan.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old Jun 15, 2011, 02:59 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
is it a USDM model or JDM model Evo8? it works on plenty of Evo8 that I have seen. with the same setting in the evoscan screenshot you attached, it is correct.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is it a USDM model or JDM model Evo8? it works on plenty of Evo8 that I have seen. with the same setting in the evoscan screenshot you attached, it is correct.
doesn't work on EUDM cars at all, tried every cable in my and my friends' posession.
actuators don't work as well.

my bet is that mr-beast owns a general export car, which is essentially european car, hence it won't work.

it looks like this: evoscan says that it succesfully connects to ACD ecu, then it doesn't do anything at all, can't log any acd data, no actuator is working.

Last edited by justastockevo; Jun 15, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by justastockevo
doesn't work on EUDM cars at all, tried every cable in my and my friends' posession.

my bet is that mr-beast owns a general export car, which is essentially european car, hence it won't work.

it looks like this: evoscan says that it succesfully connects to ACD ecu, then it doesn't do anything at all, can't log any acd data, no actuator is working.
wrong! it works on my edm evo 8 but you do have to do a small wiring mod to the obd port on the car first ( swap two wires arround if i remember correctly & i used evoscan version 2.7

Last edited by jimmy79; Jun 15, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Interesting topic !
my acd/ayc pump failed on my EUDM IX 6-speed and when we tried to see the error code with an open port 1.3 and a 2.0 we got all ACD failure codes possible
problem that I already had before the pump failure

so there is something to do after all to fix that thx for the info !
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jimmy79
wrong! it works on my edm evo 8 but you do have to do a small wiring mod to the obd port on the car first ( swap two wires arround if i remember correctly & i used evoscan version 2.7
please let us know the details.
what was the rom id of the main ECU on your car (just for the record, since i tried it on 8858 and 8884 to no avail)? is your car LHD or RHD? what exact modifications have you done to the cable, i take it that you have an openport 1.3u?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:57 PM

please let us know the details.
what was the rom id of the main ECU on your car (just for the record, since i tried it on 8858 and 8884 to no avail)? is your car LHD or RHD? what exact modifications have you done to the cable, i take it that you have an openport 1.3u?
My car is an EDM evo 8 with ayc & acd (rhd)
tephra 5.10 96530006

im using a 1.3u tactrix cable

i didnt mod the cable i removed the pins on the cars obd port & swapped them arround i also disconted pin 9 on the car side.

the mods that where required to get evoscan 2.7 to work with the ayc system:

How to get Mitsubishi AYC/ABS support from an OpenPort 1.3U cable.
Step 1) Pin1 must be linked to pin15.
Early OpenPort cables did not have Pin15 linked to pin1(check with a multimeter continuity test) to see if its connected.
a) No pin1 on the OpenPort cable. Move pin1 on the vehicle side to the pin15 position.
b) Pin1 is connected to Pin4/5 on the OpenPort cable. Move pin1 on the vehicle side to the pin15 position.
c) Pin1 is connected to Pin15 on the OpenPort cable. Cable is AYC/ABS ready.

Step 2) Try logging with EvoScan v2.5 or later. Select Mitsubishi, and select ECU to "AYC" or "ABS", Press start datalogger. If it doesn't connect, then perhaps you have pin9 interference. Goto Step 3.

Step 3) Subaru 2002 vehicles use Pin 9 for reflash support, but it interferes with the AYC/ABS ecus on some Mitsubishi obdII ports, so you can either break pin9 off the OpenPort Cable, or put a switch on pin9 on the vehicle OBDII connector.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

tephra 5.10 96530006

i didnt mod the cable i removed the pins on the cars obd port & swapped them arround i also disconted pin 9 on the car side.
ok, i have a edm 9, lhd, original firmware 8884, removed pin 9, have continuity confirmed between 1 and 15, evoscan 2.7 doesn't work. i didn't mod the car since i don't know which side effects it might have, but i would mod the cable to no end if someone tells me how.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 09:52 AM

Well I think th GCC spec will be close to the JDM
Old Jun 17, 2011, 09:54 AM

Yeah this is what I'm getting exactly!?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 09:56 AM

What wires are you talking about beside removing pin 9?

By the way I have the latest new technology cable plus the latest scanner which is 2.8x!?

Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:18 AM

I don't have to do all of those mods right since my cable is already have the function for the AYC ACD I only have to disable the pin 9 and thats it, and I even tried with pin 9 and without and I can't active the pump at all, it shows that I activated the pump but I don't hear it!?

Thanks
tephra 5.10 96530006

the mods that where required to get evoscan 2.7 to work with the ayc system:

How to get Mitsubishi AYC/ABS support from an OpenPort 1.3U cable.
Step 1) Pin1 must be linked to pin15.
Early OpenPort cables did not have Pin15 linked to pin1(check with a multimeter continuity test) to see if its connected.
a) No pin1 on the OpenPort cable. Move pin1 on the vehicle side to the pin15 position.
b) Pin1 is connected to Pin4/5 on the OpenPort cable. Move pin1 on the vehicle side to the pin15 position.
c) Pin1 is connected to Pin15 on the OpenPort cable. Cable is AYC/ABS ready.

Step 2) Try logging with EvoScan v2.5 or later. Select Mitsubishi, and select ECU to "AYC" or "ABS", Press start datalogger. If it doesn't connect, then perhaps you have pin9 interference. Goto Step 3.

Step 3) Subaru 2002 vehicles use Pin 9 for reflash support, but it interferes with the AYC/ABS ecus on some Mitsubishi obdII ports, so you can either break pin9 off the OpenPort Cable, or put a switch on pin9 on the vehicle OBDII connector.