ECU Flash

Help: V7 ecu boost setup

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2010, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help: V7 ecu boost setup

Hi All,

I have been searching the forum for three days but still cannot get a thorough understanding on what Ineed to do for ECU based boost control.

I am using tephra V7 9653076 rom and I have my stock ECU with boost setup for 20psi, however all the tables are different.

I tried following Mrfreds post but it talkes about logging boost ect where at present I have no map sensor to log boost.

Can someone please help on how I setup ECu based boost control. I have a 3 port solenoid grimmespeed installed and just need to setup the ecu so I can check my alt maps are working correctly.

Thanks

Dale
Old May 9, 2010, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

You don't need a map sensor to be able to run ecu controlled boost. You can run load based boost without a map sensor. You really don't even need one for logging. As long as you have a gauge you can eyeball, that will work fine. Its just a little more of a pain.

Your BDEL + BCLO need to add up to whatever load calc you are targeting. Say you want 280 calculated load at 4000 rpm, your BDEL and BCLO tables need to add up to 280 at 4000 rpm. Set your BCLO as high as you need to(depending on how high load your hitting). BDEL can only go up to 159.4.

Start tuning with your TBEC table at zero so it wont be making any corrections. Once you get your load dialed in good you can bring back your correction. From there, you can fine tune everything so it's dialed in nice and tight. Feel free to PM if you need more help.
Old May 9, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Using load calc is not the right way to do things, so I'm going to assume you meant 1Byte load, otherwise that's correct. Also at first, It's much easier to set all gear based tables the same across the board. Not absolutely necessary, just much easier. Also, since V7 includes both sets of tables, make sure to change the load related tables and not the PSI based ones.
Old May 9, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Ok great I will try see if I can work this out tonight and report back, thanks guys.
Old May 10, 2010, 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

Hi Guys,

I tried looking at doing this tonight and no luck, I dont even understand where the standard maps values go, I am using the tephra v7 and it makes no sense its got a table that has 1to 6. Does anyone have a v7 map that is either tuned for 21 psi boost or 25psi boost that I can copy the maps from and have a starting point to work with?
Old May 10, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdmevo123
Hi Guys,

I tried looking at doing this tonight and no luck, I dont even understand where the standard maps values go, I am using the tephra v7 and it makes no sense its got a table that has 1to 6. Does anyone have a v7 map that is either tuned for 21 psi boost or 25psi boost that I can copy the maps from and have a starting point to work with?
The 1 to 6 is for different gears, just set them all the same to start with.
Old May 10, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by THUB
Using load calc is not the right way to do things, so I'm going to assume you meant 1Byte load, otherwise that's correct. Also at first, It's much easier to set all gear based tables the same across the board. Not absolutely necessary, just much easier. Also, since V7 includes both sets of tables, make sure to change the load related tables and not the PSI based ones.
Although I agree that 1 byte is the best way to go, it is not the only way. He simply had questions about the boost control system and I answered. Lots of people are not using the 1 byte method and are doing fine. Specially since V7 has air temp correction.

EDIT: I see you probably just mean 1 byte for logging, not load targeting. Agreed it is better but not the end of the world.

Last edited by Chris Moore; May 10, 2010 at 08:22 AM.