Notices
ECU Flash

Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bbarnhill
This sounds just from the brief reading Ive done to be an issue with Evoscan ... if we could pinpoint what it is from the data then maybe we could approach hamish about it and see what he could do. Im sure he would love to know if there is a bug or glitch. Thats how programs get better. Pinpointing the issue though is the trouble.
bingo. that's what i've been trying to say this whole time.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ODUB
bingo. that's what i've been trying to say this whole time.
Well dang man ... spit it out
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
This sounds just from the brief reading Ive done to be an issue with Evoscan ... if we could pinpoint what it is from the data then maybe we could approach hamish about it and see what he could do. Im sure he would love to know if there is a bug or glitch. Thats how programs get better. Pinpointing the issue though is the trouble.
I still say its not an issue. The only issue is the user is only using 1 smoothing and wont use/post a chart with more smoothing, which would make it totally fine, IMO.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

I just looked at that graph you posted again and its not that bad @ 1 smoothing ... post the same run with 5 smoothing and I bet you will see a huge difference. I have to agree with Boosted_Tuning on this point. I would be VERY suprised if 20 smoothing on this run were choppy.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

on 20 it was smoother, but still not as smooth as the first run I posted using EVOscan 2.7 on 1.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is awesome!

If left column area can be resized, it would be even better!

Great program! Thanks for sharing!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Left column being resized would cause the controls to be messed up. I have contemplated docking and undocking the side bar so it could collapse and expand. It just wouldnt be adjustable.

I dont think its going to make it into 1.0.8 ... I need someone to beat the hell out of 1.0.8 for me. Who will give me feedback?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Left column being resized would cause the controls to be messed up. I have contemplated docking and undocking the side bar so it could collapse and expand. It just wouldnt be adjustable.

I dont think its going to make it into 1.0.8 ... I need someone to beat the hell out of 1.0.8 for me. Who will give me feedback?
Thanks for your reply.

Before I make any suggestion, I should admit that I am not familiar with GUI programming at all, I have only experiences with EE engineer stuffs like C++ or MATLAB.

If you can leave the inner control box size fixed, and let the portion of left and right column changeable, is it still going to make problems?

Since left column area already has horizontal scroll bar, I don't have problem seeing the whole contents, but very minor stuff.

Thanks again for the great program!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:26 AM
Account Disabled

Is there a right click option that can be added to tell the software what columns to graph ? A lot of us have boost or AFR labeled as something other than what the software will recognize to properly graph these items.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jason, u got PM
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason@Spec-Ops
Is there a right click option that can be added to tell the software what columns to graph ? A lot of us have boost or AFR labeled as something other than what the software will recognize to properly graph these items.
Just go into the options menu and add the title of the column to the custom column names.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

ace33joe: The side bar uses whats called a FlowLayoutPanel and those are a little bit of a pain but if they are called for which that side panel is a call for one ... they work good. The only trouble I have with them is that if I resize them bigger than what my control needs to be it starts looking funky with that custom control. It leaves too much on either side of it and starts looking really crappy. I dont know how to explain it but it really looks bad. I have tried thinking of ways to get the side bar collapsable because that would give you the maximum graph size.

Jason@SpecOps: They are correct in adding them to the custom column names on the settings screen. If they are defaults that the logger records let me know because I want to support all the stock column names.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

I've got some feedback:

instead of having to go and right click and hit run as administrator everytime I open the program to be able to save stuff, just make it always run in that mode from the get go.

there were some other issues I had with it, but i'm not in front of my laptop right now, and don't have access to the program. that was my biggest complaint though.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
v1.0.7 i started getting the message today

ERROR: input string was not in a correct format

i didn't do anything different from one log to the next. now every new log i input gives me that message.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
I've got some feedback:

instead of having to go and right click and hit run as administrator everytime I open the program to be able to save stuff, just make it always run in that mode from the get go.

there were some other issues I had with it, but i'm not in front of my laptop right now, and don't have access to the program. that was my biggest complaint though.
What OS version are you running? You can simply set the properties of the shortcut/exe itself to automatically use administrator privileges.

Also not sure why this needs admin privileges anyway (having not ever used the program) doesn't it simply open files and then save another file back?

Quick Reply: Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software