Notices
ECU Flash

Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 03:47 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've noticed that some customers running different pressure sensors are renaming the column in evoscan to something they like but virtual dyno isn't aware of.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 04:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
^ yeh but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out the new column name and update the Virtual Dyno configuration (by way of the menu/options)...
Old Feb 6, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
So I had version 1.0.6 and just now loaded 1.0.8 and with the same settings the numbers are about 30whp less. Is this because this version is more accurate? I also noticed the profile is not at the bottom left anymore. I do see it at the top left though. I kind of liked it at the bottom left but if thats the way it is now then thats cool. Sometimes change is good.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 06:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
^ same log I presume?

did you get the correction factor the same as well?

same smoothing?

otherwise I will wait for Brad to reply!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
^ same log I presume?

did you get the correction factor the same as well?

same smoothing?

otherwise I will wait for Brad to reply!
Yes to all above. I actually think its more realistic but just want to be sure
Old Feb 6, 2011, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with Tephra that you should be using the same log to compare numbers but if thats the case ...

There was a small change in time and rpm smoothing before power calculations are made to get rid of a lot of the peaks in power caused by a delay from the ECU. This was a common problem and it needed addressed. From the testing it doesnt cause a major change in power numbers. In fact the main test log I use varied by 1hp and 1tq on a 700hp car. It REALLY cut down on the rogue peaks though. If you have proof that its cutting power by 30hp on a car that it shouldnt ... Id be interested in seeing the log and graphing it myself so I can see where the graph is getting off. I may be able to shed some light on it after running it in debug mode.

Tephra ... its just baffling to hear an expert like you say ... Ill wait on brads reply. Thank you for all you do for our community.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bbarnhill
I agree with Tephra that you should be using the same log to compare numbers but if thats the case ...

There was a small change in time and rpm smoothing before power calculations are made to get rid of a lot of the peaks in power caused by a delay from the ECU. This was a common problem and it needed addressed. From the testing it doesnt cause a major change in power numbers. In fact the main test log I use varied by 1hp and 1tq on a 700hp car. It REALLY cut down on the rogue peaks though. If you have proof that its cutting power by 30hp on a car that it shouldnt ... Id be interested in seeing the log and graphing it myself so I can see where the graph is getting off. I may be able to shed some light on it after running it in debug mode.

Tephra ... its just baffling to hear an expert like you say ... Ill wait on brads reply. Thank you for all you do for our community.
I looked at a log before I loaded the new version this morning. Now Im looking at the same log after I loaded the new version and it reads less. Unless my profile settings didnt transfer properly. The new software over writes the old software so I cant go back to double check.

Forgot to mention I am using the temp correction factor but I did set it the same.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

its probably the Time and RPM smoothing that happens to get rid of peaks in power due to them. Probably needed to smooth your previous graph more anyway due to one. I would bet on that. Peaks in the old version were caused from delays in message responses from the ECU.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Yea that's what I figured. Like I said it seems more realistic now. Keep up the good work
Old Feb 6, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Im all about getting it as close as I can. Hope you approve of the new version.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
I looked at a log before I loaded the new version this morning. Now Im looking at the same log after I loaded the new version and it reads less. Unless my profile settings didnt transfer properly. The new software over writes the old software so I cant go back to double check.

Forgot to mention I am using the temp correction factor but I did set it the same.
I prefered version 1.06 for this reason (If anyone still has a copy let me know please). I love the software but I am still seeing a power drop at the end of my logs that I do not get on a dynojet or any other Dyno sim.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

mt057: Can you please explain your rationale please? If there is a problem we need to address it. I need examples and logs to dig through and find the issue. Thanks for your help ahead of time.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mt057
I prefered version 1.06 for this reason (If anyone still has a copy let me know please). I love the software but I am still seeing a power drop at the end of my logs that I do not get on a dynojet or any other Dyno sim.
1.0.6 had incorrect torque humps. We didnt see it happen much in EVO land, but in the Suby world, there was a lot of incorrect humps.

IMO, 1.0.6 isnt as accurate as 1.0.7+
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bbarnhill
mt057: Can you please explain your rationale please? If there is a problem we need to address it. I need examples and logs to dig through and find the issue. Thanks for your help ahead of time.
I have posted up screen pics of what I was seeing in the past. I had logs that I put through 1.06 that I also put through 1.07. At about 6600-6800 rpm there is a power drop off. They are the same log files. It is not a big deal I guess because it is about showing the increase no matter what the shape or peak number but it bothered me. I felt that I had suddenly lost power but I used the same datalogs so I know that it was something else. Sorry to keep mentioning it. I love how easy the progam is to use and all of your involvement in the community. I just wish I could get an old 1.06 copy
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Here is one example from this thread...
Originally Posted by mt057
I like this program, but I have found that btwn the old version and new version my graphs are different. I happened to take a screen shot of a graph showing the difference btwn meth/no meth. When I put this into the new program my graph takes a dive at about 6600 rpm. I used the same file logs. For both the old and new versions. This only happens on the new program.

Does anyone have the older version still. This drop off is very annoying to me. At first I thought that I was suddenly down on power but I think it is simply the new "averaging" that the program does. I did not get it on the old version with the same file logs as the new. I also do not get it on Dynovision or Virtual Dyno Simulator as well.

Has anyone else noticed this? I know that the afr looks different at 3600-4600 but I think that it is due to the averaging again. These pics are of the same datalogs. I know that others must have noticed the same thing.

Normal old version

New version with the fall off

This is the Dynovision from the same runs

Here is the VDR 5.1

Quick Reply: Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software