Notices
ECU Flash

Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There will be an option on the option screen that is "Show Maximums" and this will draw a square on the line where the max HP and TQ are. This should satisfy this need. Hope you enjoy it.

This wont be out till 1.0.8 comes out. Im still debating a release date on it. It could show up any day now.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was thinking more along the lines of something like this...(Not the layout, or colors, just the chart markers showing max and peak gains.

Notice that it shows peak gains as well as max delta gains. Not sure if you mean that your new release will trace both, or just the delta's at peak power and torque.

But instead of the boomerang lines above, which look a little bit disorganized, use straight lines like the dynojet winpep software like this

Then, it would be truly awesome.

Last edited by dude; Dec 30, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I also like what dude has in mind and the Dynojet style presentation.
Maybe for v9 though.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

The presentation will always be slightly different than a dynojet just because the limitations of the free graphing library Im using. (Have to use free when its released for free).

I have added the ability in beta 11 to see the peak points on the graph by checking a box in options. (Show Maximums)

This will draw a box on the peaks and if you move your mouse over the box it shows the values. The reason I didnt draw the values on the graph is that you can never predict if it will over lap another graph and I want it to be clear. Let me know what you think.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Wierd:

If I load a file that includes the spool-up (in addition to the top-power part) it tells me my car has 30hp...

If I cut that part from the file and ONLY load the top-power part it's 300hp (still not accurate but I only got my cable 2 days ago and only have 1 ****ty log)...

Am I missing something? Shouldn't it show the biggest power achieved during the run?

I spent over half an hour trying to figure it out but I'm still at square one...
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

When it doubt send me an email that includes a description of the problem and the log attached, with the car specs you used.

Ill be glad to let you know what is wrong. Im the developer and I help support it as well. That log may help point out a bug.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Im also working on labeling the maximums observed on graph now that I display them by marking them. Ill work on this for beta 12 but how does everyone feel after this small feature about me releasing 1.0.8 ... since its over due.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Weirdest thing ever: Just went to dinner, came back, now it works perfect!?!?! Changed nothing...

Hmmm...
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha ... ive had gnomes monkey with my computer while ive been gone too ... it happens. I hate those things though cause I could swear Im not crazy or atleast not while on meds.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bbarnhill
hahaha ... ive had gnomes monkey with my computer while ive been gone too ... it happens. I hate those things though cause I could swear Im not crazy or atleast not while on meds.
Yeah, those guys suck, I really should get a cat... (If you want to take a break and have a laugh, look up episodes of "Simon's Cat" on youtube!)

BTW: Is the horsepower your nifty program spits out WHP? Or at the crank? With WHP my run would make pretty good sense, with crank-hp I'll need to do another pull where I don't have to let of the gas at 6k revs...

Only had my cable for 2 days so everything is still shiny and new to me!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by germanracing
Yeah, those guys suck, I really should get a cat... (If you want to take a break and have a laugh, look up episodes of "Simon's Cat" on youtube!)

BTW: Is the horsepower your nifty program spits out WHP? Or at the crank? With WHP my run would make pretty good sense, with crank-hp I'll need to do another pull where I don't have to let of the gas at 6k revs...

Only had my cable for 2 days so everything is still shiny and new to me!
Its WHP.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Boosted_Tuning is correct ... it is WHP
Old Jan 3, 2011, 04:30 PM

The program is working great since installed. However, when I try to make a profile or make any changes it keeps giving me an "unable to write to different files.xml" error.

Any input?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Yes this is a common permission issue problem that can be fixed by changing the permissions on the installation directory where its installed. You need to have full read write access to that folder.

1.0.8 should fix this by using NSIS (Nullsofts installer).
Old Jan 3, 2011, 05:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bbarnhill
Boosted_Tuning is correct ... it is WHP
Once again, no underscore ( _ ) needed

That was for my pre vendor s/n, which was "Evo_Kid"

Quick Reply: Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software