Notices
ECU Flash

Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software

Old Jan 3, 2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made them full read/write access and it still gave me the error.

I tried running the VD in admin mode and it worked now.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

hi,

I installed the new version, and started to have some issue opening it. But Thanks to tscompusa for helping me fix that issue..

And now i get this error message everytime i click on anything. What could this be????

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bbarnhill
Boosted_Tuning is correct ... it is WHP
Ah, that makes sense!

Out of interest: Is there a common factor you can multiply it with to get crank hp for the X MR? (example: say 300whp x 1.25 = 375crank)
Old Jan 4, 2011, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no idea due to every car being a bit different. I couldnt find that information on all the vehicles hence the reason the option doesnt exist. I figure its not that hard to convert by hand for the small few that need crank HP (which in my opinion doesnt matter since it doesnt count till it hits the wheel).

Im betting someone on here knows the drivetrain loss factor ... who will chime in first is the only question. Got to love this forum.

Originally Posted by germanracing
Ah, that makes sense!

Out of interest: Is there a common factor you can multiply it with to get crank hp for the X MR? (example: say 300whp x 1.25 = 375crank)
Old Jan 4, 2011, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostedFury
I made them full read/write access and it still gave me the error.

I tried running the VD in admin mode and it worked now.
Ohh yeah and that. I am really hoping that 1.0.8 fixes that problem but we shall see. It installs and works on all my machines and a few tuners machines so ... no errors like that yet.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03RRVIII
hi,

I installed the new version, and started to have some issue opening it. But Thanks to tscompusa for helping me fix that issue..

And now i get this error message everytime i click on anything. What could this be????

Thanks!
That is more than likely a string of data in your file is not able to be converted to a number at some point. Send me your log and Ill find it and let you know. Its easy for me to find it if I run it through the debugger, as it tells me exactly what string broke it.

bradbarnhill at hotmail com
Old Jan 4, 2011, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Ah, that makes sense!

Drivetrain loss is somewhere between 21 and 24% if I remember correctly, so dividing by .78 should get you an idea of numbers at the crank.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Raptord
Drivetrain loss is somewhere between 21 and 24% if I remember correctly, so dividing by .78 should get you an idea of numbers at the crank.
Cheers for that!

Wow, that would make it 392 crank hp, not to shabby...

But from what I've heard a dynojet is braked less than one of our german dynos and gives higher numbers... So maybe that's only about 370hp or less, but still very respectable for a X MR...

In closing, I'd like to add: VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 09:04 AM
Account Disabled

we could devote an entire thread to drivetrain loss theory. I've not seen any facts posted where someone tested on an engine dyno then on a chassis (awd) dyno for direct comparison in the states. That data may be readily available overseas where I don't so much surfing though.

I have to wonder if a fixed percentage would work though, higher rpm and higher power = more heat, more heat = more loss??
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Ah, that makes sense!

Please dont worry about crank/flywheel numbers. They dont matter.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

I have to agree with both mellon_tuning and boosted_tuning. One its different per car and it is inaccurate to use a fixed number for conversion. Now will it vary that much that a set number cant get you close ... no. BUT ... its also a little useless since it only matters how much you can get to the ground not what your engine puts out. This program will show WHP and if you need to calculate crank hp for whatever reason, you can find the multipliers online somewhere. Hope these two great contributors helped out. I trust both of these guys as they have helped me out tremendously.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bbarnhill
I have to agree with both mellon_tuning and boosted_tuning. One its different per car and it is inaccurate to use a fixed number for conversion. Now will it vary that much that a set number cant get you close ... no. BUT ... its also a little useless since it only matters how much you can get to the ground not what your engine puts out. This program will show WHP and if you need to calculate crank hp for whatever reason, you can find the multipliers online somewhere. Hope these two great contributors helped out. I trust both of these guys as they have helped me out tremendously.
I agree that WHP is a far more useful number to know, unfortunately over here in germany most/close to all power numbers are measured in crank-hp... Don't ask me why, that's the way it's always been... (A dyno will measure the power while accelerating and then measure the drive train loss while decelerating)

So everybody is used to it and for "us" it's easier to compare that way...

It's a bit like if your speedo suddenly read in KPH instead of MPH...

Then again, I can go 260kph/160mph ANY time I choose to (without going to prison ), so it's swings and roundabouts... ;-)
Old Jan 4, 2011, 02:29 PM
Account Disabled

FWIW the stock evo 8's were rated at what 276bhp? the typically but down about 240awhp. that's about 13% DTL, nowhere near the 21-24% some AWD guys guess. On rwd cars the old rule of thumb was 15% but I'm not sure if that still holds true with modern drivetrains which may less resistant.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
FWIW the stock evo 8's were rated at what 276bhp? the typically but down about 240awhp. that's about 13% DTL, nowhere near the 21-24% some AWD guys guess. On rwd cars the old rule of thumb was 15% but I'm not sure if that still holds true with modern drivetrains which may less resistant.
Maybe, but don't most stock evos stray upward in terms of power?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 05:59 PM

Can someone make a graph of my car?

I can not use Virtual Dyno

Is Evo IX in 4ª gear wheels with 17 " driver 100kg (220.5 lb)

Thanks!

The file
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1RLMZD0

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software