Notices
ECU Flash

dead front o2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why dont you want to run in open loop mode 24/7 ? I've been driving my car in open loop for almost 1 year. No problems and less fuel consumption.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by YaroRS
why dont you want to run in open loop mode 24/7 ? I've been driving my car in open loop for almost 1 year. No problems and less fuel consumption.
im running open loop as well.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
running open loop is not going to help mpg. Maybe you tweaked the open loop tables and then leaned the crap out of your cruise areas on the map.. then maybe , but thats also dangerous vs letting the ecu control it as well. I just bought a new o2 , installing it now..... if bogs not gone i will follow up here.. The bog may be caused by my MAF as well, since i never calibrated it from day 1 after i removed my honeycombs from it. I dont recall the bog before the o2 was giving me issues tho. mine was staying in open loop cause i was forcing it to via the open loop lt trim control tables on ecu, idle was very stable but the bog issue was not fun.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor

I just replaced front o2, it fixed the bog and car shifts / rides like glass now.. night and day. I agree you can make it do this with no front o2 also, but i didnt feel like adjusting my fuel map & adjusting open loop loads/percentages and all that crap. front o2 only took 25min so no big deal.

Thanks for everyone that posted in here tho, I appreciate all the support.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Im going to bump this in hopes to helping someone else.. I got the o2 from oxygensensors.com and it kept throwing codes.. so I just ordered the denso one as mentioned by travman and will report back what it does as far as codes go..

Heres the direct link for it: http://www.discounto2sensor.com/stor...967173&PN=2219

Part Number: NP2344741
Old Aug 2, 2010, 07:16 AM

Thanks for the link
Which code was caused by the other sensor ?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did you have fun removing the old one? sometimes they can be silly tight
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

adjustable wrench + hammer ftw LOL.

but yes i had a hell of a time with it.

Its just the regular o2 sensor code i believe it was like P0134 or something. Dont get the walker. Get either Bosch or Denso and it wont throw a code.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I had no problems with the Walker unit, been running it for over a year...
Old Aug 2, 2010, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Weird. mine didnt throw a code until I was idling for a bit, if I clear the code then drive it doesnt throw the code.. but when I idle it throws it.. and it says o2 malfunction so its def the o2 itself.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tscompusa
Weird. mine didnt throw a code until I was idling for a bit, if I clear the code then drive it doesnt throw the code.. but when I idle it throws it.. and it says o2 malfunction so its def the o2 itself.

Have you checked for exhaust leaks? When I first started modding my car I had the same problem and thought I had gotten a bad o2 sensor from them as well. Once I found the exhaust leak and fixed it all was well in the world again and I'm still on that same o2 sensor (3 years later). Let me know if I can help.

Josh
Old Aug 2, 2010, 05:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jmelocik@Spec-Ops
Have you checked for exhaust leaks? When I first started modding my car I had the same problem and thought I had gotten a bad o2 sensor from them as well. Once I found the exhaust leak and fixed it all was well in the world again and I'm still on that same o2 sensor (3 years later). Let me know if I can help.

Josh
I havent, but i bet i do have one .. but where was yours at? before the turbo i assume? I have this faint click noise when i go WOT, so i very well could have a exhaust leak.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tscompusa
I havent, but i bet i do have one .. but where was yours at? before the turbo i assume? I have this faint click noise when i go WOT, so i very well could have a exhaust leak.
Yes mine was at the manifold flange to the head, I failed to replace the gasket or prep the old one properly before putting it back on.

Josh
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:46 PM
Former Sponsor

chances are its not that.. i made sure i properly tightened that down on a even surface criss crossing. i mean it could be blown underneath where i cant see it, but i doubt it. I may check tho and buy some arp studs for the manifold while im at it. Ive felt cars with blown gaskets there, mine dont feel like its blown or sound like it.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

FYI i also ordered from oxygensensor.com approximately 6 month ago (500 miles) and its still good

Quick Reply: dead front o2 sensor