Notices
ECU Flash

evoscan freezing gaming laptop..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evoscan freezing gaming laptop..

ok i have had this problem for awhile and have researched till i cant no more. i know a few people are having the same issue like mine where whenever i open evoscan everything works fine till i try to connect to my evo ix in any way. entire laptop freezes. its a brand new asus gaming laptop with windows 7.. my old wallmart laptop logged just fine...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled over a dozen times, tried system restore and clean install also. reinstalled drivers and all ports are set on 3 for me. no errors while installing. i know its correct because i have had a few successful clear DTC codes before it freezes. it also successfully connects for a second when i try to log. ive also tryed older versions of evoscan. i cant think of anything else to try ive also submitted a support ticket on it and its stumping him also on what could be the issue..

any advice... cuz im all out of ideas..
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

The issue is most likely in the USB ports. I have seen several laptops not work with EVOscan or other logging software. Some lockup on connect and some need the car to go under heavy load before they freeze up and loose the connection. Try using a different USB port on the laptop or use a different laptop if that doesn't work.

Sorry to bring the bad news but if you have already reinstalled drivers its most likely that the hardware just won't work.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akeric
The issue is most likely in the USB ports. I have seen several laptops not work with EVOscan or other logging software. Some lockup on connect and some need the car to go under heavy load before they freeze up and loose the connection. Try using a different USB port on the laptop or use a different laptop if that doesn't work.

Sorry to bring the bad news but if you have already reinstalled drivers its most likely that the hardware just won't work.
ive tryed all 4 ports and it automaticly adjusts to the rt com setting.. crap... i really hope thats not the case and my hardware is fine. evoscan and tuning was my main excuse for buying this laptop

My laptop is an Asus G60 series
Intel i5 cpu @ 2.27GHZ
4 gigs of ram
64 bit windows 7
with a 500 gig hard drive..

what part of alaska u from anyways? first time seeing another person from the AK
Old Aug 18, 2010, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gallas
ive tryed all 4 ports and it automaticly adjusts to the rt com setting.. crap... i really hope thats not the case and my hardware is fine. evoscan and tuning was my main excuse for buying this laptop

My laptop is an Asus G60 series
Intel i5 cpu @ 2.27GHZ
4 gigs of ram
64 bit windows 7
with a 500 gig hard drive..

what part of alaska u from anyways? first time seeing another person from the AK
anchorage,

we have a thread in the northwest regional forum.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akeric
anchorage,

we have a thread in the northwest regional forum.
never knew that lol well that cool
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Check the power settings. Make sure its not on any type of "power saving" mode. That can cause the issues your having
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

i switched the power setting to high performance and tryed connecting with out the car (im out of town for a few more days) and after getting the message make sure im connected to the car, it closes out of evo scan and two seconds later freezes.. im sure i will get the same result when im connected..
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disable all your startup items and try it again. Also disable the services except Microsoft stuff. If it works after you have done all that you can start slowing adding things back in until you get locked out again. That could help you narrow it down.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Time to reinstall. Disabling startup items is highly unlikely to fix the problem.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

i just re installed about 12 hrs ago.. probably on my 12th re install and have tried using i think 2.6 and 2.5 multiple times... ill try disabling my start ups.