Notices
ECU Flash

Reflash Connector

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 03:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Reflash Connector

Is there a DIY for the reflash connector.

I have a Tactrix for my brothers STI which does not require a reflash connector. I just picked up an evo on wednesday, and I would like to start makeing changes to the stock map, however I do not want to wait for the reflash connector to show up. Is there any way I can supply voltage to a specific pin and make it work.

So I need to know what pins and what do they need to be set to I.E(Pin X +5v, Pin Y Ground)

I have not been able to find anything from my hour of using the search.

Boz
Old Sep 3, 2010, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What cable do you have? Theres a few different 1.3 cables. You should have a obd connector then a wire coming out of the 1.3 cable. It will either be cut without the reflash connector or no wire at all. My 1.3 cable came with the wire cut because the owner before me had a WRX and didn't like the connector in the way so he cut it. I just extended the wire and added a roach clip until my connector comes. So far so good.

You should see a white female connector with one pin in it next to the obd port. Thats where you connect the wire. I hope that helps.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 08:21 AM

I have the 1.3 cable that does not have a wire coming out of the obd II port that would have the white flash plug on it. any way to use the this tactrix cable or am i screwed and have to wait for the newer tactrix cable to show up?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

I have the newest version of the Tactrix cable.

Tactrix Openport 2.0

http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

It looks like to reflash you just need to provide voltage to a single pin on the white connector. I just need to know what voltage. I suppose I could try 5v first and then 12v and see what happens. I would just prefer to not fry the ecu on the frist try .
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Scratch that I will try ground first.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

I was thinking 1.3 cable sorry. yeah i would also try ground first. If that doesn't work i could check my cable and see what kind of voltage its getting. I won't be able to check it until tonight
Old Oct 9, 2010, 07:20 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
FYI we checked and the OP2.0 sends +12v to put the car into flashing mode and remains high for the duration of the flash. This will also happen on reads.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
fosty, shouldn't that be +16V (reflash voltage)?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I wouldnt be using the Subaru tractrix cable on your EVO. There was people having issues because of the pin 9 for subaru flashing. Here is the link https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...oke-loose.html

Or at least remove pin 9.

You should probably just buy a new, proper 1.3U cable.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
I wouldnt be using the Subaru tractrix cable on your EVO. There was people having issues because of the pin 9 for subaru flashing. Here is the link https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...oke-loose.html

Or at least remove pin 9.

You should probably just buy a new, proper 1.3U cable.

I am more or less looking to get rid of having to plug in 2 connectors to flash my car. It is kinda a pain in the ***.

I will also be moving my OBD2 port into my ash tray, and I would like to just wire up a switch to put the car into flash mode. That makes more sense then having 8 miles of wire floating around between connectors.

So if all it is doing is providing +12 during flashing then it seem I might be able to just hotwire a switch to push +12 to that connector.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by fostytou
FYI we checked and the OP2.0 sends +12v to put the car into flashing mode and remains high for the duration of the flash. This will also happen on reads.

i trying to put into a flash mode my ecu pf my evo 8 but i need your help
you said +12v to that pin. when i need to put 12v power?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 02:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by antreas1991
i trying to put into a flash mode my ecu pf my evo 8 but i need your help
you said +12v to that pin. when i need to put 12v power?

Bumping this thread back to life to find an answer to this question.

If we wanted to manually put the ecu into read/flashing mode, do we just apply 12v directly to the single pin in the white connector next to the OBDII port and then press read/write from ecu in ECU flash? Removing the 12v after the flash is completed? If that's the case, i'm about to try this. This is assuming the 1.3u is plugged into the OBDII side.

Last edited by Pal215; Oct 11, 2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 06:29 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215
Bumping this thread back to life to find an answer to this question.

If we wanted to manually put the ecu in to read/flashing mode, do we just apply 12v directly to the single pin in the white connector next to the OBDII port and then press read/write from ecu in ECU flash? Removing the 12v after the flash is completed? If that's the case, i'm about to try this. This is assuming the 1.3u is plugged into the OBDII side.
IIRC, the white connector is for writing only. You should only need to give it power to write. I believe I was able to read without it. Can someone confirm?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
IIRC, the white connector is for writing only. You should only need to give it power to write. I believe I was able to read without it. Can someone confirm?
What if it's power to write and ground to read like a toggle switch? I don't want to be the first to try this though hahaha

Quick Reply: Reflash Connector