Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 3gEclipseTurbo
the xml link is invalid.
Worked fine for me.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well just in case here's the original post with the xml and rom.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/9032588-post41.html
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Roadspike I gotta tell you great job on this again. I always thought the 2d VE map was not up to the task. And to me a 3d table is the proper way to do it.

Now everyones gonna have to use a load dyno, so they can accurately setup this real 3D VE table.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

OK now to try to address all the comments:

9653 Rom Probes:
Yes I'll code the 9653 rom soon but FIRST I would like this current one tested no point in me doing the code twice if it doesn't work. I need simply a verfication of it work.

Coding Probes:
I left my coding addresses in the XML so you can see how it was done pretty simple I may add.

XML Concerns:
I used phenems XML as the base to this experiment I'm sorry if they don't contain all of the tables properly defined. Remember I only added 6 tables here :P

Edit:
Oh I guess I should mention one of these functions contains a lot of space now I bet we could write up a simple patch to monitor the MAP sensor and get a Baro reading while RPM == 0.

Last edited by RoadSpike; Jan 30, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
OK now to try to address all the comments:

9653 Rom Probes:
Yes I'll code the 9653 rom soon but FIRST I would like this current one tested no point in me doing the code twice if it doesn't work. I need simply a verfication of it work.

Coding Probes:
I left my coding addresses in the XML so you can see how it was done pretty simple I may add.

XML Concerns:
I used phenems XML as the base to this experiment I'm sorry if they don't contain all of the tables properly defined. Remember I only added 6 tables here :P
I would like to add one thing about the XMLs.

I have a fully defined and setup 94170715 xml, so all I did was add the 94171715 xml to the correct folder and it worked fine.

So if you have a good 94170715 xml, you may only need to add the 94171715 xml.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In for updates. Thanks for working on this.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
I would like to add one thing about the XMLs.

I have a fully defined and setup 94170715 xml, so all I did was add the 94171715 xml to the correct folder and it worked fine.

So if you have a good 94170715 xml, you may only need to add the 94171715 xml.
Did find an error in my xml I was looking at the map sensor table and wondering why banks left all this space in the map determined later it was only able to use 8 spaces but i forgot to put it back.

NEW XML with correctly map sensor table.

Picture of the new ve table compared with old one.

Attached Thumbnails New 3D VE Maps SD Rom-new-tables.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
TephraMOD-94171715-v7.zip (1.4 KB, 0 views)
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^^Hell yeah, looks great!!!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burgers22
I can test 9653 for you.. I have it SD ready and have run the 9653 SD though have reverted to MAF untill the jitters are sorted fully. Good work.
Seems i wont get a tester very soon unless i did both so i bit the bullet and did it anyways. So please do

ROM Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7UDTG0FI

The xml btw assumes you have the base 9653 xml already from phenem
Attached Files
File Type: zip
TephraMOD-96531706-v7.zip (1.4 KB, 0 views)
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning

Now everyones gonna have to use a load dyno, so they can accurately setup this real 3D VE table.
or drive around logging maf and hit every load possible on the maf and log.. and implement that data into the VE tables. this is what all other communities do for generating their 3d VE maps. Still probably not so bad even with manually rpm/load tracing on evoscan. similar to tuning in general.

I was waiting off for something to be released though where you drive around and it builds the map for you automatically. you dont need a dyno for this, but more convenient / easier for sure.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
or drive around logging maf and hit every load possible on the maf and log.. and implement that data into the VE tables. this is what all other communities do for generating their 3d VE maps. Still probably not so bad even with manually rpm/load tracing on evoscan. similar to tuning in general.

I was waiting off for something to be released though where you drive around and it builds the map for you automatically. you dont need a dyno for this, but more convenient / easier for sure.
You can basically do that with evoscan and graphing the map.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Its usually recommended that using road data for the VE table isnt the best idea.

When setting up a VE table, you need all variables to be consistent as possible, something that can only be achieved on a dyno. This is usually very important when mapping a VE table on a standalone., because the VE table is the base for all calculations. If you get just a small error (3-5%), that can be enough to throw off calculations enough to make that car not run properly, or take much more time to map AFR/accel enrichment. Then again this is just a SD mod on a stock ECU, so its nothing like a true SA.

All that being said, people will most likely setup and tune this new 3D VE table on the road and it will probably be fine.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
You can basically do that with evoscan and graphing the map.
you mean just dumping the entire log into the evoscan and using map tracer and ticking the logged value so it just displays everything? that is true.. the new evoscan even allows you to edit the cells now also on map tracer i noticed. (and has a live mapping feature but its disabled atm )

some loads wont be possible to hit at all tho right? i understand going uphill and etc will hit different loads, but there are spots on the map that wont ever get touched/traced right?

im gonna play with this sooner then later sounds fun
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

you mean just dumping the entire log into the evoscan and using map tracer and ticking the logged value so it just displays everything? that is true.. the new evoscan even allows you to edit the cells now also on map tracer i noticed. (and has a live mapping feature but its disabled atm )

some loads wont be possible to hit at all tho right? i understand going uphill and etc will hit different loads, but there are spots on the map that wont ever get touched/traced right?

im gonna play with this sooner then later sounds fun
Well the point is simply to get you in the ballpark.

To Bank's credit the VE doesn't appear to change all that much when the throttle plate is wide open so it should just max out somewhere and stay there. We have two variables to control fuel at our disposal now this table along with the fuel table.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gear head
Any chance of this being a stand alone patch for the 9653xxx6 or will it only be coded into the V7 ROM?
Guess i missed this question.

No I wont be putting a standalone version together to me that seems backwards from using the already awesome v7 rom.

Quick Reply: New 3D VE Maps SD Rom