Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro) - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
EcuFlash
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)

Reply

 
 
 
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:33 AM
  #16  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
RoadSpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wouldn't mind patching it in however I was under the impression MrFred was going to do that rom for me.
RoadSpike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:47 AM
  #17  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
SyZyGy1394's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: INDIANA FOO!
Posts: 1,441
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
If you implement live mapping into the US IX rom, I will jizz in my pants. I've been waiting for that forever!
SyZyGy1394 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 01:38 PM
  #18  
And
Evolving Member
 
And's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 414
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ready to test the 9653
And is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 01:56 PM
  #19  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
RoadSpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It will get done soon just been pretty busy.

The tough part is just developing the code for one rom. They port over real easy once you get the base program down.
RoadSpike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:10 AM
  #20  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
RoadSpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well managed to get one of the blasted things done tonight.

There are lots of changes here I should probably wait for a test on this one before converting any more who knows if this will work properly or not.

Just as a note I'm changing the rom ID to something new as not to confuse people with their xml.

The very important thing here is everything is setup differently. The main thing you need to do is align the sensor's voltage to kPA which you can do with the scaling already provided. I've set the table up for a omni 4 bar as its very common. If you set up the kpa vs load table properly just setting the kpa from the scaling equal to the scaling on the right will be perfect no matter what sensor is used.

I moved the axis's for the 3D VE table to their own parts so they wont be effected if you change them in the tephra tables. Seems reasonable as people may want to enjoy greater resolution in area's that the timing and fuel tables don't need.

All of the lookups including rpm are done in the main SD sub so accuracy should be 100% and never a cycle behind.

The baro auto tune sub is the newest routine here it will set the baro measurement based on the pressure of the map sensor as long as the engine isn't moving. I set a max RPM of 50 so soon as the starter engages it will cut over to the static baro setting.

I'm sure there will be many questions. I'll try to answer them all.


9417 Variant rom:
Taking down the link problem with the rom

More to follow soon

EDIT:
Found an issue with my code forgot to lookup the kPA axis for the 3d table in the SD loop stupid mistake sets me back :P. I'll have it fixed soon enough doing 9563 and the 9417 at the same time

Last edited by RoadSpike; Feb 18, 2011 at 06:17 PM.
RoadSpike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:30 PM
  #21  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
RoadSpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got a couple done today. I really want these tested before putting them in the other roms. Nothing amazing needs to happen just need to confirm it works like it should.

9417 Variant:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHSFQUIN

9563 Variant:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4CAOEDQ8

I'll patch in the others once i get some confirmation the rom actually runs a car. Its a lot more tedious to patch now that I'm completely rewriting the SD sub from scratch to handle these new load points.
RoadSpike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:37 PM
  #22  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (3)
 
nonschlont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ca
Posts: 1,759
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Im still considering makin the switch, and waitin on the IX rom, but just wanted to say "Great work" Roadspike!!!
nonschlont is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:42 PM
  #23  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (10)
 
mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the moon
Posts: 1,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
man this is crazy...just out of curiousity how do you guys know how to write roms? im not computer savy enough to attempt that haha
mullen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:50 PM
  #24  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (3)
 
nonschlont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ca
Posts: 1,759
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mullen View Post
man this is crazy...just out of curiousity how do you guys know how to write roms? im not computer savy enough to attempt that haha
Some of these guys actually know how to disassemble the rom, and create new maps, and some of it is just copy/pasting the correct .xml/addresses', etc. There are a few threads reguarding this. U should look up the "how to tune an evo" thread as a starter... There is a program to flash and a seperate program to log. EcuFlash to flash, and EvoScan to log... U also need a cable that connects to your ECU, to log/flash. Then a WideBand and a map sensor, and youre set...

GL
nonschlont is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:51 PM
  #25  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NZ
Posts: 243
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Never mind link working now

Link not working for me mate.

Im after 9653

Originally Posted by RoadSpike View Post
Got a couple done today. I really want these tested before putting them in the other roms. Nothing amazing needs to happen just need to confirm it works like it should.

9417 Variant:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHSFQUIN

9563 Variant:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4CAOEDQ8

I'll patch in the others once i get some confirmation the rom actually runs a car. Its a lot more tedious to patch now that I'm completely rewriting the SD sub from scratch to handle these new load points.

Last edited by philr8; Feb 18, 2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: link working now
philr8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:08 PM
  #26  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (10)
 
mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the moon
Posts: 1,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nonschlont View Post
Some of these guys actually know how to disassemble the rom, and create new maps, and some of it is just copy/pasting the correct .xml/addresses', etc. There are a few threads reguarding this. U should look up the "how to tune an evo" thread as a starter... There is a program to flash and a seperate program to log. EcuFlash to flash, and EvoScan to log... U also need a cable that connects to your ECU, to log/flash. Then a WideBand and a map sensor, and youre set...

GL
ya i read that thread a few times but its still like reading a foreign language...i just need to sit down with someone to explain it i guess. im one that learns from hearing and doing it, not just reading
mullen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:51 PM
  #27  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
RoadSpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mullen View Post
ya i read that thread a few times but its still like reading a foreign language...i just need to sit down with someone to explain it i guess. im one that learns from hearing and doing it, not just reading
Its just assembly language not difficult but without a knowledge of why a programmer would do these steps to accomplish this or that it would be foreign to anyone.
RoadSpike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:59 PM
  #28  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (10)
 
mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the moon
Posts: 1,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadSpike View Post
Its just assembly language not difficult but without a knowledge of why a programmer would do these steps to accomplish this or that it would be foreign to anyone.
this is exactly why im at home on friday and up at 1am, so i can learn more about the process and actually be able to knowingly appreciate the work being done here
mullen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:23 AM
  #29  
And
Evolving Member
 
And's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 414
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the axis on the 3d table don't appear correctly? on the 96534

you also need to remove the "address=0" from the xml to stop it from crashing the newerr ecuflashes, how come you didn't just do an addition to the base v7 xml?

Last edited by And; Feb 19, 2011 at 06:37 AM.
And is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:22 PM
  #30  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
RoadSpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by And View Post
the axis on the 3d table don't appear correctly? on the 96534

you also need to remove the "address=0" from the xml to stop it from crashing the newerr ecuflashes, how come you didn't just do an addition to the base v7 xml?

Guess I could have maybe i will redo the xml.

I am using the latest ecuflash I'll check out the address=0 one should be easy to find
RoadSpike is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.