Notices
ECU Flash

Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)

Old Jun 3, 2017, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SnailSpeed
I just started using the 941 version, currently tweaking ve table in order to hit afr values in fuel table, so far everything is fine. I am not experiencing any jitters, if there is a jitter it is so minor that I haven't noticed anything yet. I have about 20-30 miles on this rom, a good amount of those miles are wot logging. Car is an 05 evo 8 that has basic bolt ons for now. I am experiencing some intermittent misfire/breakup ever since I turned up the boost but it has nothing to with this rom because it did the same thing on the oem maf rom that I was tuning earlier.
try dropping down the spark plug gap a bit if it feels like its breaking up.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, at the risk of asking a completely stupid question, i cant open the ROMs, is there an XML i need t download or change? cheer
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ej20tnz
Hey guys, at the risk of asking a completely stupid question, i cant open the ROMs, is there an XML i need t download or change? cheer
Yes you need to put 2 XMLs first one is 9417 v7 maf xml then this 3d ve 9417 xml.

This will enable you to see the roms properly.
The following users liked this post:
ej20tnz (Jun 6, 2017)
Old Jun 4, 2017, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by roni4g63
try dropping down the spark plug gap a bit if it feels like its breaking up.
haha yup, right on the money! thats what it ended up being, gapped all four at .25

Last edited by SnailSpeed; Jun 4, 2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:42 PM

Got a few questions. Got my car tuned pretty good to 10 psi so far.
Just wondering a few things. First is the kpa to load table suppose be 1:1 ratio or are u supposed to adjust it a bit to make things match. Because if I leave it 1:1 when logging it says I hit 0 psi and 97kpa in Evo scan but my aem Tru boost says 4 psi. And it's definitely in boost.
also when logging what all should I be logging. Flash tuning is a bit new to me. And i have tuned a few megasquirt ecus but that was live and much easier since changes are made instantly. Right now the main things I'm logging are Omni4bar kpa , Omni psi load 1byte. Rpm timing. And afrs. Those are the main ones .
Just looking to see what all I should really be looking for .?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Clearly some people are having trouble grasping this relatively simple patch so i'll just draw it out for them picture are worth a thousand words right?

As you should be able to tell the Map volts vs kpa should always be 1:1 so you don't screw up the other table axis. What will happen is you'll measure 40kpa or something and it wont match to the point on the table because its not aligned.

If you want to effect load you do that with the kPA vs Load table while this should have been obvious I guess its not.

Adjust according to the instructions given in this photo. I suggest leaving the load table to 1:1
Old Jun 18, 2017, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'd love to see more contribution to this. I hope people are still using the tephra roms. especially the speed density setups.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Well, for the most part i'm pretty close to being done tuning for power on the 941 rom. Originally I posted that I didn't have any jitters, well after driving the car some more I guess there is definitely a jitter, especially when the car is cold, it drives like a$$. Maybe i'm experiencing a problem not related to the jitter because originally After I restored the car from an accident I noticed the car idled really lumpy but intermittantly, so put new plugs in it, did an egr delete, nothing changed, when I finally turned up the boost it started to blow out spark so I thought I had a weak coil packs and the lumpy idle was due to bad coil packs and I swapped for known good coils with no difference, eventually tightened the gap on the plugs and now it doesn't blow spark but will just intermittantly idle like a$$ and drive like a$$, and sometimes it drives perfect. Not sure if this is a rom issue or something else.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

I have not applied any of the jitter fixes yet so I guess ill try one at a time and report back after some driving.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Anyone care to show their VE tables? I'm in the process of dialing mine in and just want to see a general picture of how a proper VE table should look.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Klaiceps
Anyone care to show their VE tables? I'm in the process of dialing mine in and just want to see a general picture of how a proper VE table should look.
I haven't scaled ve in the lower boost areas but this is what it looks like so far, I scaled it to hit the target afr in the fuel map.
Attached Thumbnails Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)-myve.jpg   Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)-myfuel.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Klaiceps (Jun 20, 2017)
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't scaled ve in the lower boost areas but this is what it looks like so far, I scaled it to hit the target afr in the fuel map.
That looks good so far. Are you on stock injectors and stock turbo ?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:45 AM

Why is the KPA-LOAD table all wack?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks for posting your VE. This reaffirms that I've been tackling my VE map the wrong way which explains why my car didn't drive smoothly at lower rpms.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mines5
That looks good so far. Are you on stock injectors and stock turbo ?
Sadly yes lol. Basic bolt ons, muse o2 dump, vrspeed front mount, muse lower intercooler pipe, intake, mbc set to 26-27psi peak.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)